Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? (360 Views)

Which Political Party Is ANPP Again? Is Obi Okay? Reno Mocks Obi / But For God's Grace, His Tenacity, Ingenuity And Foresight, The Party Would Hav- / Omoyele Sowore Announces African Action Congress (AAC) As His Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hello our articulate politically minded Nairalanders. Kindly share your opinion about which political party you would recommend for me to join. And also your explanation for your choice. I had been thinking about this for about a year now and I am almost concluding to join the APC because I think the PDP is long dead and buried... I can't see PDP fiercely desirous of reclaiming the electorate's heart since they seem to just be coasting along, quiet as quiet goes... But as much as the majority don't like what is going on under APC leadership, this particular party appears to know how to stay in power...

So what do you think, which party to join?

lalasticla
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by helinues: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2020
None
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Sammy07: 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
Oga Both parties are the same..

1 Like

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by ghettokid1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
pdp is dead and buried
You are not serious...go an join apc..ode

3 Likes

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by IamWonderful: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2020
It depends on what you want and where you are.
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Deborah98(f): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
None of the above..
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
Join the one that is popular in your area. Take a sample of your immediate community, join the party they are supporting.

It is not advisable for a young politician to be in opposition.

3 Likes

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by BrighterMe: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
Anyone but PDP and APC are big slap to Nigerians. Don't join any of them.
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
Thanks a lot.
EastGold:
Join the one that is popular in your area. Take a sample of your immediate community, join the party they are supporting.

1 Like

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Optional09: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
AAC
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2020
None
I don't think problems get solved by ignoring them.
None is simply not an option.
helinues:
None

1 Like

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
I agree, and that's why I didn't start mentioning ideologies. The two parties just like two forms of perfectly compatible energy. But they have a very important difference: one has become docile (PDP) and incapable of playing the all-important role of an opposition party, while the other doesn't seem to be leaving the scene anytime soon... At least not in 2023.

Sammy07:
Oga Both parties are the same..

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
You know you have just announced to the entire world that you are a di.m.wit, right?

ghettokid1:

You are not serious...go an join apc..ode

1 Like

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Apathy ain't my thing.

Deborah98:
None of the above..
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Lipscomb(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
Is this how to start politics? Seeking opinion from nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
Thanks a lot! This advice seems practical enough.
EastGold:

1 Like

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2020
Honestly I think AAC, Sowore's party might still need about 10 years of maturing to start to become a force to reckon with. While I like his energy and support his position on many issues in Nigeria, he seems more of an activist to me and less of a leader (political or technocrat) to me. He seems to belong to the group of people that are only good at criticizing the political power of the day... The same he did to GEJ, he is doing to GMB, and of course not without viable reasons. And I expect that he is going to do the same to the next person that wins...

What then happens if per chance Sowore wins? I think the best card for him to be playing at the moment, without backing down on his critical stance, is to be advancing real solutions to Nigerian problems, and to be loud about it.

I am not sure AAC has any real future, at the end of the day many of them are simply fighting for their livelihood. If the President knows what he is doing, I think it might be possible to buy him out with a good portfolio as a gesture of inclusiveness.

Optional09:
AAC
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by duwdu: 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2020
EastGold:

This is a very sensible statement, and it's a good thing that the OP — who originally floated the question the statement addresses — has recognized it accordingly.

As has been touted in our political space, especially in recent years, "all politics is local."

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
Thanks a lot for your insightful comment. While interacting with some people about a year or 2 ago, the person advised that I should go to my local government of origin and join there at the ward level. The thing now is that I don't live in my state of origin. (Both my state of origin and state of residence are in the same geopolitical zone.) While I understand the practicality of joining at the level of my local government of origin, isn't it also possible to be part of political party in one's state of residence, or then combine that with participation in one's state?

duwdu:

This is a very sensible statement, and it's a good thing that the OP — who originally floated the question the statement addresses — has recognized it accordingly.

As has been touted in our political space, especially in recent years, "all politics is local."

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by Deborah98(f): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2020
bizme:
Apathy ain't my thing.

PDP is not a strong opposition party nor it's APC the ultimate, they're busy clout chasing....
Re: Which Political Party Would You Advise One To Join? by duwdu: 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2020
bizme:
Thanks a lot for your insightful comment. While interacting with some people about a year or 2 ago, the person advised that I should go to my local government of origin and join there at the ward level. The thing now is that I don't live in my state of origin. (Both my state of origin and state of residence are in the same geopolitical zone.) While I understand the practicality of joining at the level of my local government of origin, isn't it also possible to be part of political party in one's state of residence, or then combine that with participation in one's state?

Please let me state upfront that I'm not a politician, at least not by training or trade; I just happen to think I mostly get it right with my observations and take on where a political wind or election results, will blow. So you'll have to view what I say in that context.

The fact is that politics is actually a profession and has to be in your blood, even if you appear to belong in another profession through which you're presently making a living. Secondly, you'll have to have a constituency - either social, cultural, philanthropic, religious, military, ethnic, labour, etc, which you'll represent in your party.

What it also means to me, is that you can't make an omelette without breaking an egg. In other words, you'll have to make the sacrifice and permanently target a community where your constituency, like I defined above, will make you popular. So, all politics is local to you.

That indeed doesn't have to be in your state of origin, but it may help if it is. It's only when you're grounded in a community where you represent your own constituency, that other politicians will not be able to pull the rug from under your feet, or even rig you out.

I sincerely hope I've not made it sound like I'm an authority w.r.t. what you see as politics, but I just felt like writing this way, seeing that you may be genuine.

Finally, I think a politician needs to have not just acute communication skills and a tough skin, but a lot of staying power as well! Admittedly, those will apply with a few other professions, though.

Good luck in all you do.

P34c3

(1) (Reply)

Fincen Files: All You Need To Know About The Documents Leak / 4 Things To Know About Nnewi Digital Village / How True Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.