Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,477 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

It May Look Like A Past Question, Watch Out For The Examiner's Twist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It May Look Like A Past Question, Watch Out For The Examiner's Twist (182 Views)

School Of Nursing Past Question And Answers / Animal Newborns, What They Look Like(Photos) / Download JUPEB Past Question PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It May Look Like A Past Question, Watch Out For The Examiner's Twist by planetpgold(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hello Colleague,

Timothy Here Again,

As every second, minute and hour goes by, this diet ICAN exam gets closer. As the sun sets by day and moon by night the tension builds up. Today makes it 5 days to the exam!!!

I know that you must have studied hard by now and you are just going through your notes, revising some certain topics with your simplified and comprehensive lecture and past Q&A Videos. However, I want to bring your attention to something that has affected several students in the exam hall.

2 Diets ago, Hamzat's schedule was a busy one. He creates time to study using PGOLD videos, but became doubtful if he would pass the exams because of the courses involved in the final stage. He was writing 3 papers (Advanced Audit and Assurance, Corporate Reporting, Case Study).

I reminded him that he only needs 50 marks to be done and dusted with the papers and whenever the feeling of doubt shows up, he should negate it, instead replace it with courage and hope. After all, it is not a competition.

I warned him about this common mistake several students fall prey of. This is the habit of memorizing past questions and answers. Instead, he should understand each question based on its underlying principle to be able to provide the right answer. Meaning that questions do change, principles don't.

I also let him know that there are some questions that sometimes look like past questions; word for word, (sometimes) figure for figure but the Examiner will smartly twist the requirements. So, only a few students who carefully read the instructions will spot the twist and turns of the Examiner.

That diet, many students fell prey of this. Bimpe was one of the students that were affected in PM. "I thought ICAN repeated the past question word for word, only to miss the principle being tested, which was hidden in the additional information," she told me after the exam.

'Anyways', Hamzat followed my advice and he qualified in November 2019. I was unable to attend his induction and take a one-on-one picture with him because of COVID-19 Pandemic.

So, if you want to get the same result like Hamzat whether you are just writing for the first time or you have been writing the exams, just follow the above advice and success shall be yours.

Wishing all the best...

Remember to go to the members' area of PlanetPGold to download your:

1. Weekly Questions and Answers (Over 200 Questions and Solutions)
2. 4 Diets of mock questions and solutions
3. (3 Diets) 2 hours of Facebook intensive Live class which focus on exams' core areas and techniques of attempting questions based on the examiner's requirements.
4. Diamond Level Premium videos

Click on the below link

https://members.platinumgoldsolutions.com/

to download and enhance your revision now. If you are having difficulty logging in, call or Chat Admin on 08082366372, 08106989785.

Dedicated to Your ICAN Exam Success,
Tim Jibodu, FCA

PlatinumGold 360 Solutions...Your Online, Offline ICAN Lectures Center in Nigeria With World Wide Service Delivery & Highest Passing Rate At One Sitting, Even If You Have Failed Before or Just Starting.

(1) (Reply)

Read:most Prominent Idioms With Meanings / 20 Awesome Scholarships For Teachers And Intending Teachers / Breaking: Indicted Ogundipe, Acting Vc, Unilag Bursar Jubilates As Babalakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.