Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members (1533 Views)

Ngige Threatens Striking Doctors With No-Work, No-Pay Policy / Senator Ike Ekweremadu Spends Christmas With NYSC Corps Members In His Home / SEMA, Enugu State Distribute Palliatives To Hospitals, Orphanages, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by SamuelOamen: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2020
The Federal Government has directed tertiary hospitals to engage the services of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members to maintain routine services in place of striking resident doctors.

Minister of Health Dr Osagie Ehanire said the measure to “mitigate the effect” of the strike by resident doctors across the country.

The National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) embarked on nationwide strike on Monday over non-payment of their COVID-19 hazard allowance and other demands.

To address the absence of resident doctors as a result of the industrial action, Ehanire gave Federal Health institutions four guidelines to comply with.

“COVID-19 treatment outlets should continue to function as before; emergency services should continue to run as before; routine services should be maintained with consultants, NYSC Doctors; locum staffers to be brought in when and where necessary to forestall services disruption when applicable and affordable,” the minister said.

“I call on the NARD to return to work and engage the Federal Government in completing the ongoing due process of implementing the MoU between NARD and government.

“I wish to assure the general public that measures have been put in place to ensure that they continue to access services at all our federal tertiary hospitals across the country,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-to-hospitals-replace-striking-doctors-with-nysc-members/

Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by OkuFaba(m): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2020
How will you replace experience with inexperience??

They want to increase number of deaths in hospitals, like how did we choose and selected imbeciles and senseless sets of animals to rule us..

Do dey think before talking or they just open their mouths and trash starts falling off.. I'm so pissed

2 Likes

Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by Romanoff(f): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
Kuku turn everybody to lab rat. Foolish government.

1 Like

Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by Brandstudio01: 8:00pm On Sep 09, 2020
Same way they'll kick out the NYSC as full time doctors tomorrow

1 Like

Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by mencer(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2020
to kill them or what ?
Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by dvdwed(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2020
I'm proposing education suffrage in our elections. Only Nigerians with a master Nigeria or with financial capital of #100m should be allowed to vote.

This is the only way to stop idiots from gaining power.
Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by Jax1: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2020
I don't blame the useless man for that comment. I blame the lifeless mad goat in Aso rock
Re: FG To Hospitals: Replace Striking Doctors With NYSC Members by Mynd44: 4:29am On Sep 10, 2020

(1)

Do You Think The Nigerian Government Takes The Yorubas Serious / No Ranching Land In Ebonyi State, Says Governor Engr Dave Umahi / OPC Spits Fire Over Sokoto Riots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.