Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:02 AM

Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months (10668 Views)

₦98 Billion Oil Pollution Fund Stirs Controversy In Niger Delta Communities / NNPC: We Spent ₦966 Billion On Pipeline Repairs Between 2010 And 2015 / Yahaya Bello Releases ₦3.98 Billion For Road Projects In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by slowice(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2020
Most Nigerians abuse atiku for simply stating the obvious..... Nnpc and Co will be the death of Nigeria
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by wink2015(m): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2020
RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA 'S LOPSIDED FEDERAL STRUCTURE WILL GO A LONG WAY IN PUTTING MOST OF THIS ABUSES BY PEOPLE OF OTHER REGION UNDER CHECK.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Perfecttouchade: 7:29am On Sep 10, 2020
Enough of all these figures, u people should stop stealing in the name of repairs or whatever, what a contiri
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Reference(m): 7:30am On Sep 10, 2020
Criminal organisation.

Nigerians, think hard. What exactly does this organisation do for you that you cannot do for yourselves. Where do these pipelines run. What value do they add to Nigeria for this massive waste of resources.

If you truly owned this enterprise won't you have found a permanent solution to this perennial problem costing you an arm and a leg. Can't you see this tragedy has spawn a black industry of pipeline repair contractors who are certainly in cahoots with the vandals, something that will not exist if these pipelines are truly owned by Nigerians.

I don't know what this news is aimed at but in 40 years things like these have not changed anything in Nigeria. Next year the expenses are bound to be higher and still nothing will be done.

Meanwhile ask yourself this question. How many times have you received reports on the cost of telecommunication infrastructure repair costs, how many times have you received reports about Dangote's or DSTV repair costs. These organisations do have them but because they are proper commercial entities they donot burden us with them AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER CRITICAL NEEDS.

They know their SURVIVAL depends on them finding SOLUTIONS to these problems so they rather sort it out, absorb the costs as much as they can and mitigate the effects on the products and services they offel. When in heaven and on earth will the NNPC become like this. When will someone give them an ultimatum to stop this waste or close down.

What is wrong with this country sef. angry

2 Likes

Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by manunitedbabes: 7:32am On Sep 10, 2020
Are you people repairing or fixing it to a standard where it can't be vandalized again? Or using putty to patch it, for easy penetrating so that billions will be used in repairing ?

This is our country's strength so adequate and strict measures gat to take place.

Billions spent on repairing how much do they people that vandaliz the place made then?
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by themanderon: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2020
Na so.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by PremierGuy(m): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2020
NNPC should be disbanded and privatised
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by nnamdi640: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2020
Every slightest thing in this country is billions yet we are not seeing any good things coming out of them.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by patrickmuf(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2020
I heard retired NNPC directors rejected 500m retirement package from NNPC...This guys play around with money like they are not accountable to anyone...
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by SocialJustice: 7:43am On Sep 10, 2020
See them. Thieves!
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Reference(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2020
kikero:

People steal from pipelines still

Also, pipelines rust, break down, etc

People steal cement from trucks, steal crates of beer, steal rice, steal cables, steal transformers, vandalise GSM masts enmasse, rob ATM's, rob banks, the government through its agencies officially and unofficially rob its citizens daily in billions of naira.
What exactly is the point here. Has that my loss or your loss personally or in our businesses ever become a national burden on all citizens and a calamity on Nigerian.

Please the government should just shut down the NNPC and get people who have solutions to problems handle the affairs of enterprise. They are not fit for purpose. They cannot explore, produce, refine and distribute. What do they exist for.

Just shut the bloody thing down.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by SocialJustice: 7:45am On Sep 10, 2020
Codes151:
Pipeline repair cost 48billion?

In six months.

Welding of leakages, sandblasting, clamping
Testing of integrity

Una spend 48 billion.
This country is filled with wicked witches
Wizards and witches. We are even knowing about these things now because of the open financial account reporting. For many years it was all hidden.

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2020
They shld know how much they spend yearly for tis and use like half the money for security
If there is vandalism in any area, the security in charge of that area would not get paid and maybe be fired
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by ekestic1976(f): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2020
techstack:

Something is fundamentally flawed in the whole setting of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Until that is fixed, nothing will change.

The involvement of goverment in certain business affairs is a problem, everyone sees that as an avenue to corruption.

Its goverment money, do it anyhow, nothing will happen.

Do you want to buy, sell, invest or learn crypto coins/bitcoin?

We Buy and sell your crypto currencies - ETH, TRX, BTC, LTC with rest of mind and have smooth transactions opening and closing within minutes
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by cray91(m): 7:57am On Sep 10, 2020
Their own worse pass witches cuz naija witches sef no dey cost billions everytime
Codes151:
Pipeline repair cost 48billion?

In six months.

Welding of leakages, sandblasting, clamping
Testing of integrity

Una spend 48 billion.
This country is filled with wicked witches

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 10, 2020
Everything costs billions when the funds comes out of the Nigerian government's pocket. i bet ordinary citizens can get it done for cheaper, less than half of the costs. cheesy grin

scam government.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2020
FRAUD CHANELL
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by hush15: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2020
olus01:
Why is it that everything about this nnpc is billions

Oh, that's easy. That's because its the only amount that makes sense to Nigeria for now but something tells me there will soon be a new word, trillions I think its called.
NNPC is a drain pipe that needs to be eliminated.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Tecord1(m): 8:16am On Sep 10, 2020
Codes151:
oga. I am tired of this country. In 6months them spend 48billion. Question is, how much do they make?

Is so bad that this country is so loose and corrupt
This will nor stop until the youths of this country will stop rejecting handouts from our politicians and demand what is rightfully ours as citizens of the country. Which not only includes social amenities, but the right to better representation and better policies for the smooth working of the system

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by hush15: 8:17am On Sep 10, 2020
Reference:
Criminal organisation.

Nigerians, think hard. What exactly does this organisation do for you that you cannot do for yourselves. Where do these pipelines run. What value do they add to Nigeria for this massive waste of resources.

If you truly owned this enterprise won't you have found a permanent solution to this perennial problem costing you an arm and a leg. Can't you see this tragedy has spawn a black industry of pipeline repair contractors who are certainly in cahoots with the vandals, something that will not exist if these pipelines are truly owned by Nigerians.

I don't know what this news is aimed at but in 40 years things like these have not changed anything in Nigeria. Next year the expenses are bound to be higher and still nothing will be done.

Meanwhile ask yourself this question. How many times have you received reports on the cost of telecommunication infrastructure repair costs, how many times have you received reports about Dangote's or DSTV repair costs. These organisations do have them but because they are proper commercial entities they donot burden us with them AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER CRITICAL NEEDS.

They know their SURVIVAL depends on them finding SOLUTIONS to these problems so they rather sort it out, absorb the costs as much as they can and mitigate the effects on the products and services they offel. When in heaven and on earth will the NNPC become like this. When will someone give them an ultimatum to stop this waste or close down.

What is wrong with this country sef. angry

You wan hear truth, whatever the repairs self, it doesn't cost that much. Secondly, na them they do themselves so they can dip their hands into the national cake. Thirdly, they don't care, after all, they trade in dollars and money must be made.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by ogubolokento(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2020
Modernize criminals in our country
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2020
ruggedtimi:
Abeg which pipeline Dem dey repair?..pH refinery pipeline dey pass front of my house. Yes sometimes this pipes are vandalized but trust me wen this refinery guys come to fix it , the method they use won't cost more than N10k(maximum N100k).. So per month if refinery repairs about 1000 cases of pipeline vandalism across nigeria that's around N100m(max N500m). Omo this people na thieves
Na new format be this as we no hear subsidy again.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2020
Tecord1:
People like you are the ones that are suppose to comment here since you know about the industry. Not that 'kikero' guy up there who not knowing the workings of pipeline repairs will take the rubbish written there hook line and sinker. Billion KO, Billion Ni

Since you know so much,can you enlighten us?

You might help ccorrect my ignorance.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Diamondsaheed(m): 9:05am On Sep 10, 2020
am listening to burn boy song, Dey Wana tell u a story ooo X2 since 1960 dem dey play us wayo until now & forever much
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 10, 2020
Reference:

People steal cement from trucks, steal crates of beer, steal rice, steal cables, steal transformers, vandalise GSM masts enmasse, rob ATM's, rob banks, the government through its agencies officially and unofficially rob its citizens daily in billions of naira.
What exactly is the point here. Has that my loss or your loss personally or in our businesses ever become a national burden on all citizens and a calamity on Nigerian.

Please the government should just shut down the NNPC and get people who have solutions to problems handle the affairs of enterprise. They are not fit for purpose. They cannot explore, produce, refine and distribute. What do they exist for.

Just shut the bloody thing down.

Yes....I agree. Shut it down or privatize it.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 10, 2020
Codes151:
oga. I am tired of this country. In 6months them spend 48billion. Question is, how much do they make?

Is so bad that this country is so loose and corrupt

Then get involved in politics....and change things....

You could be the one that could clean up stuff.....

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2020
Codes151:
it’s way too much oga.
How much are they making?

I work in oil and gas sector. Infact I do maintenance

I know what I am saying. You are maintaining the pipes yes but in 6months spending that sum is lavishing and untrue.

Oh i see...

Can you then tell us the actual cost?Based on your wealth of experience , and I genuienly want to know.
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Codes151(m): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2020
kikero:

Oh i see...

Can you then tell us the actual cost?Based on your wealth of experience , and I genuienly want to know.
smh

What’s the damage? Leak, corrosion?
What exactly did they repair?

Do you know that nnpc has pipe welders, ndt inspectors as staffs?

Should they not have equipments for these? (Welding machine, ndt eq, etc

With all that, how do you spend such billions in 4-6 months on maintenance?

Don’t quote me with such backward mentality pls
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2020
Codes151:
smh

What’s the damage? Leak, corrosion?
What exactly did they repair?

Do you know that nnpc has pipe welders, ndt inspectors as staffs?

Should they no have equipments for these?

With all that, how do you spend such billions in 4-6 months on maintenance?

Don’t quote me with such backward mentality pls

Thanks, but i would like to have some more detailed stuff....

Like, how much it actually costs vs nnpc cost.

Also,is compensation to the local area included, re pollution?

(By theway, I think NNPC should be privatised)
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by toprealman: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2020
Drosonogasta:

U've just infringe PMB 2011/2015 manifesto.
Nigerians av heard this before. Meanwhile somebody should get the mic from him before his stone to dead.
Trust me I'm for real.....
Re: Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months by Tecord1(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2020
kikero:

Since you know so much,can you enlighten us?

You might help ccorrect my ignorance.
depending o. The size of the pipe, welders collect 2k per inch in welding on the average. If a pipeline is vandalized, only that section is replaced. So give and take cost from welding will be at most 250k assuming 48"pipe and 3 pipes was used to replace the vandalized point.cost of materials used by the welder will be 200k assuming 2 cans of pipeliner electrode was used(20kg/can) equipment such as welding machine mobilized for 1 week max which will be about 70k. Excavator for 1 week about 840k. Diesel for 1 week for all equipment 5 drums at a rate of 36k per drum, helpers being paid 5k per day for the 1 week, cost of pipe and coating material lets assume 2M. Contractor profit and other excesses lets assume 10M. Bros pls do the maths you will know what we are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Regime Borrows $2.02 Billion From China In Six Years / Atiku Is A Well-Packaged And Whitewashed Crook, APC Replies Dele Momodu / Is Yoruba Language Becoming The Face Of "Nigerian Culture"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.