Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko (3270 Views)

Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / React + Node Js : Fullstack Web Development Training / Lets Learn React Native,javascript,react Js And Node Js Together(alimosho LGA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by crunchyDope(m): 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
cixak95211:

I'm flattered. Thank you.
If you are referring to the node js' fs.watch, yeah that works fine . . i like to use webhooks generally cos they are "language & platform agnostic"
I should prolly start a Youtube channel one of these days.

i would totally follow..
cixak95211:

If you are referring to the node js' fs.watch, yeah that works fine . . i like to use webhooks generally cos they are "language & platform agnostic"

boss that would really be good smiley
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by Babtunz: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
cixak95211:

Not a problem, Any one works, sir !

Alright sir, you may choose to tweet at me @michaelhungbo or send me a mail with your e-mail acct.

Thanks and God bless!
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by crunchyDope(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2020
cixak95211:

baba abeg help solve this biko...

so am doing this

1) i require a object...(but this also requires another object at init)

2) after some changes i then delete the cached object programmatically which calls step 3

3) then i require that same object again via the path(exact same way i require at step 1)

now the problem is for the life of me i cant figure out why the new object still has the same object loaded at step 1 after deleting and reloading(its own required objects)

biko how do i fix it so during the whole delete process its own cached objects are deleted also
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by Jboyossai(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
cixak95211:

Good day boss,

I have a project I'm working on and I will be pleased if you can answer some of my questions.
I am using Nodejs.

Permission to go ahead sir.
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by niel63(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

I don't think those 20k gang know how to even declare variables in JavaScript. I met a computer science graduate from a university in the south east. He also builds websites WordPress websites and claims to know HTML, CSS, JavaScript, bootstrap and PHP. I asked him to tell me how they declare variables in PHP and he said that the question was too big for him. Even here on nairaland when they post that crap try interrogating their knowledge. They don't even know the basics. Wasn't it on this section someone was asking for help with editing a HTML template and be was advertising 20k websites on his signature.

Wow! Where I dey where all these one's dey happen. Anyway, I love MERN. The flow of work and the declarative approach (If I am not wrong), is very much fun especially when you find out that all you know is just the "Getting Started". Lol... Once I know this nodejs, then mixing with reactjs and small time someone will come with a PHP job that takes me like 1 - 2 months, then I start again from getting started. Hahaha... That does not mean I can't use stack-overflow and google to complete any nodejs/reactjs job. But I genuinely want to get this MERN stack 100% in my belt o. I love MEARN no be small. It gives me Joy I can't even explain.
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
niel63:

Wow! Where I dey where all these one's dey happen. Anyway, I love MERN. The flow of work and the declarative approach (If I am not wrong), is very much fun especially when you find out that all you know is just the "Getting Started". Lol... Once I know this nodejs, then mixing with reactjs and small time someone will come with a PHP job that takes me like 1 - 2 months, then I start again from getting started. Hahaha... That does not mean I can't use stack-overflow and google to complete any nodejs/reactjs job. But I genuinely want to get this MERN stack 100% in my belt o. I love MEARN no be small. It gives me Joy I can't even explain.
Na so we see am bros. I was learning MERN stack but absolutely no opportunities for beginner MERN stack developers. Dumped it for PHP and I have not looked back since.

1 Like

Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by cixak95211: 1:10am On Jan 04, 2021
Jboyossai:

Good day boss,

I have a project I'm working on and I will be pleased if you can answer some of my questions.
I am using Nodejs.

Permission to go ahead sir.

Oya hit me grin grin grin
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by Jboyossai(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2021
cixak95211:

Oya hit me grin grin grin
I am working on a plagiarism checker.
A web app that can check the similarities between two or more submitted word/pdf document.

can you give me the best approach to use to achieve this?
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by cixak95211: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
Jboyossai:

I am working on a plagiarism checker.
A web app that can check the similarities between two or more submitted word/pdf document.

can you give me the best approach to use to achieve this?

Rookie method:
Good stuff. I am going to assume the documents will contain English alpahanumeric characters.
You want to go by "propensity to be plagiarized" i.e. the probability that what you're seeing is plagiarized. So depending on how deep you want it to be, you could do 1 - 100. Lets stick with 1 - 10 to keep it simple.
Bear in mind that words will always repeat themselves in everyday English sentences, so your best best is to check each sentence, rather than the whole document. Sentence 0 on copy A should be checked against Sentence 0 on copy B. This is a shallow comparison where each word is matched against the other word, and if they are similar, you can give it a 1 depending on how you calibrated your scale. If they dont match, you can give it a 0, once again depending on how calibrated your scale. Do this for the whole sentences in the document and get an average. Then you decide by sentiments what percentage threshold is an indication of pliagarism or not.

Expert method:
Study Levenshtein distance algorithm. I have attached screens for you to see what you will deal with.

1 Like

Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by Jboyossai(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
cixak95211:

Rookie method:
Good stuff. I am going to assume the documents will contain English alpahanumeric characters.
You want to go by "propensity to be plagiarized" i.e. the probability that what you're seeing is plagiarized. So depending on how deep you want it to be, you could do 1 - 100. Lets stick with 1 - 10 to keep it simple.
Bear in mind that words will always repeat themselves in everyday English sentences, so your best best is to check each sentence, rather than the whole document. Sentence 0 on copy A should be checked against Sentence 0 on copy B. This is a shallow comparison where each word is matched against the other word, and if they are similar, you can give it a 1 depending on how you calibrated your scale. If they dont match, you can give it a 0, once again depending on how calibrated your scale. Do this for the whole sentences in the document and get an average. Then you decide by sentiments what percentage threshold is an indication of pliagarism or not.

Expert method:
Study Levenshtein distance algorithm. I have attached screens for you to see what you will deal with.

thanks for your response sir...
Can you like give me a technical insight of how i can get to read the content of the word/pdf document into my program before i can compare them?

Sorry if my question is too newbie!

Cc: cixak95211
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by cixak95211: 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
Jboyossai:

thanks for your response sir...
Can you like give me a technical insight of how i can get to read the content of the word/pdf document into my program before i can compare them?

Sorry if my question is too newbie!

Cc: cixak95211

Nah, it's fine.
Simple........look for a pdf reader/parser. Since it's node js, feel free to pick one from the public npm repository
You can do the same for any other document format, as long as it contains recognisable character formats.
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by Jboyossai(m): 12:40am On Mar 13, 2021
cixak95211:

Nah, it's fine.
Simple........look for a pdf reader/parser. Since it's node js, feel free to pick one from the public npm repository
You can do the same for any other document format, as long as it contains recognisable character formats.

hello sir,

i would like us to connect and hopefully you see me through on this project.

I see that you have a wealth of knowledge and i would like to tap in that knowledge.

I see you as a senior and a mentor.
Re: Node Js Gurus @nswer This Biko by spartan117(m): 1:34am On Mar 13, 2021
Wow I couldn't stop reading through this thread! This is certainly the best thread in Nairaland programming section. I learnt so many things and I've got so many new stuff to try out.

I salute you @cixak95211 and @codeigniter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Download Spynote RAT V6.5 And Hack Android Devices Remotely / Where Can I Try To Learn A Programming Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.