Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,225 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:43 PM

Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters (566 Views)

We Applied Minimum Force On Shiite Members, Says Nigerian Army / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / FG Condemns Removal Of Egypt's President Morsi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Beaf: 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
[size=14pt]FG condemns Libyan govt over use of force on protesters[/size]
News Feb 23, 2011
DANIEL IDONOR

ABUJA — The Federal Government, Wednesday, threw its weight behind growing worldwide condemnation of the Libyan Government over the use of “unrestrained force” to suppress the mass protest currently going on in the country.

However, despite the condemnation, it is obvious that the Nigerian government is not in a hurry to close its embassy in the troubled country as Nigerian diplomats have been advised to remain in the country but to relocate their families pending the resolution of the crisis in the country.

The government position came as President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday gave a marching order to Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Odein Ajumogobia, National Security Adviser, NSA, Andrew Azazi and Mohammed Sidi, Director General, National Emergency Agency (NEMA) to begin the immediate evacuation of trapped Nigerians in the troubled country.

Addressing State House correspondents, shortly after a brief Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting, presided over by Vice President Nnamdi Sambo, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Ajumogobia said the government condemned the use of brutal force to repress the mass protest by the Libyan authority, advising the Libyan government to resolve the matter in favour of democracy.

“We are not happy about the violence and the unrestrained nature of the violence with the civilian population. We are monitoring the situation from the perspective of our own citizens. We do not interfere in the affairs of other countries; we believe that the Libyan government should find peaceful way of reconciling themselves with their citizens.”

We have condemned the violence and no government should use unrestrained force against its own people,” the minister said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/fg-condemns-libyan-govt-over-use-of-force-on-protesters/
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Eziachi: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Guess who is meddling about use of force on people? Probably Odi & Zaki Biam is in Libya too.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2011
The JTF operation in the Niger Delta to fish out militants hiding among civilians involved heavy force against civilians, did it not? Just asking.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Afam4eva(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
I'm still waiting for the day Nigerians will troop out to the streets to demonstrate. That day at least 5000 Nigerians will be shot dead. Nigerian government condenming libyan government for use of force. That sounds like satan preaching the word of God.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Beaf: 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

The JTF operation in the Niger Delta to fish out militants hiding among civilians involved heavy force against civilians, did it not? Just asking.

Nigeria still has a very long way to go before we get accepted in the hall of civilisation. Sad.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Rhino5dm: 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
Who orders the JTF operations in ayakoromo?? undecided undecided
Jusk like Ahmedinajad condenming Gaddafi. charity should begin at home. Deceit of the century!
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by misterh(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
Charity begins at home
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by IbroYaya: 11:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
misterh:

Charity begins at home

^^^ In what sense?

Thats my President. He is not a coward. He knows when to speak.
UN have spoken, EU have spoken and AU is yet to speak. Are they afraid of that tyrant?
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Jen33(m): 11:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
PhysicsMHD said:

I'm sorry but I don't recall the JTF or Nigerian govt massacring 1,000 people+  like Ghadaffi has done in a matter of days.

And if the USA and Britain can talk, Nigeria most certainly CAN talk.

Who has more blood of the innocent on their hands?

1.5 MILLION DEAD INNOCENT IRAQIS (not to mention Vietnamese, Afghans et al) do not share your admiration and respect for the supposed ''civilized powers''.

That it was foreigners those western troops slaughtered and not ''their own people'' does not make them any less brutal or sadistic, unless you're saying that killing foreigners is morally superior to killing one's own population, a claim for which there is absolutely no basis.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Olaedo1: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
Nigeria is a funny country grin
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by adino(m): 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2011
These people will always keep amusing us. Imagine Nigeria condemning Libya for using brute force on civilians, just like amadinajad of iran condemning ghadafi. Na wa oh, pesin no fit laf o. But, I still give kudos to GEJ, he has spoken and he is not a coward. I pray for things to change in Nigeria and I see GEJ as someone that will surprise Nigerians positively. But, our over-zealous and arrogant security forces must be re-trained and re-organised and also be re-cultured to make them reason as normal human beigns.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Jen33(m): 12:02am On Feb 24, 2011
If the USA and Britain can condemn the violence, Nigeria most certainly CAN do as well.

1.5 MILLION DEAD INNOCENT IRAQIS (not to mention Vietnamese, Afghans et al) do not share your admiration and respect for the supposed ''civilized powers''.

That it was foreigners those western troops slaughtered and not ''their own people'' does not make them any less brutal or sadistic, unless you're saying that killing foreigners is morally superior to killing one's own population, a claim for which there is absolutely no basis.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by violent(m): 12:33am On Feb 24, 2011
But, I still give kudos to GEJ, he has spoken and he is not a coward[/quote]

Lmao!

erhm. . .yes! Fifa comes to mind, didn't they give your president an ultimatum to reverse his decisions?  haha, we all knew what happened.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by presido1: 12:37am On Feb 24, 2011
Did the FG ever condemn what is happening in Jos? I believe Libyan death toll is a child play compared to what we have in Jos.
Misplacement of priority in everything.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2011
presido 1 said:

Did the FG ever condemn what is happening in Jos?

Yes it did. On numerous occasions. In every instance you were sleeping, snoring loudly.

I believe Libyan death toll is a child play compared to what we have in Jos.

Ludicrous. With possibly up to 2000 dead in three days in Libya, including aerial bombardment of protesters by fighter jets, and missiles launched into crowds from warships, whatever is happening in Jos is child's play compared to the mayhem in Libya, unless you are blind.

Misplacement of priority in everything

Misplacement of your mouth in things for which you are supposed to keep it tightly shut.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:45am On Feb 24, 2011
Jen33:

If the USA and Britain can condemn the violence, Nigeria most certainly CAN do as well.

Huh?

WTF are you talking about? Where did you read all this stuff that you seem to be responding to?
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Beaf: 12:45am On Feb 24, 2011
adino:

These people will always keep amusing us. Imagine Nigeria condemning Libya for using brute force on civilians, just like amadinajad of iran condemning ghadafi. Na wa oh, pesin no fit laf o. But, I still give kudos to GEJ, he has spoken and he is not a coward. I pray for things to change in Nigeria and I see GEJ as someone that will surprise Nigerians positively. But, our over-zealous and arrogant security forces must be re-trained and re-organised and also be re-cultured to make them reason as normal human beigns.

Preach bro, preach! cool
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by IbroYaya: 12:46am On Feb 24, 2011
presido1:

Did the FG ever condemn what is happening in Jos? I believe Libyan death toll is a child play compared to what we have in Jos.
Misplacement of priority in everything.

^^^ Useless post. How many times has FG condemned the killings in Jos?
How can u be comparing What Gadaffi is doing with with what is happening in Jos.
Killing his own people, Haba de!!

You are only here to condemn whatever moves GEJ does, without giving a thought whether it is right or wrong.

Thats a good and matured move from Mr President, wait and see other african countries will now follow
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Olaedo1: 12:48am On Feb 24, 2011
Jen33:

Nigeria only condemned the act because it's owners the U.S. and Britain did. They were against the secession of South Sudan, but they gave its support only after the West did. Again, Nigeria is a funny country.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Richtalk: 12:49am On Feb 24, 2011
Brilliant move. I give kudos to you Mr President
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD said:

Huh?

WTF are you talking about? Where did you read all this stuff that you seem to be responding to?

I wasn't referring to you specifically. Just to the general sentiment that Nigeria cannot voice its disapproval on account of what's gone on in the past, when other more bloodstained nations making righteous noises are not held to the same ''high standards''.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:53am On Feb 24, 2011
ROSSIKE:

PhysicsMHD said:

I wasn't referring to you specifically. Just to the general sentiment that Nigeria cannot voice its disapproval on account of what's gone on in the past, when other more bloodstained nations making righteous noises are not held to the same ''high standards''.

Oh.

Hmmm. Didn't know you were Jen33, until now.
Re: Fg Condemns Libyan Govt Over Use Of Force On Protesters by cap28: 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
Pot calling kettle black - i wonder what the FGN would do if protesters were to converge in Eagle Square and start chanting away and demanding for Jonathan to step down - im sure they would come out with tea and biscuits and sit down with them for a friendly chat.

(1) (Reply)

According To Reports, Nigeria’s Oil Firm Said To Have Poorest Transparency / Best Book Ever Written On Nl. . . / Pdp Wants Sympathy Votes By Bombing Themselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.