Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,165 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) (4336 Views)

Do You Know Any Village In Ondo State That i can Go To Start Farming / Fish Farming Mustn't Be Catfish Alone, Explore Tilapia Farming In Fullest(video) / Should I Quit My Job And Start Farming Tomatoes? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2020
In Nigeria of today, anybody that tells you he or she is into fish farming, the type of fish that comes to mind is catfish. How ever, this thread is not in anyway, trying to belittle or discouraged anyone from farming catfish. As a matter of fact, I also hatch/produce catfish seedlings, and farm catfish and I have been doing this since 2007 till date, and I can tell you that catfish is profitable and interesting to farm.
Early last year, I was opportune to go for a short course on tilapia fingerlings production, and I can tell you that tilapia is highly profitable and interesting to venture into.
Here are some advantages of tilapia over catfish
1. Ready market: most of my customers are hotels, restaurant, cold rooms, exporters etc. No room for panicking, there's always market available.
2. Storage advantage: unlike catfish, tilapia can be refrigerated and store for a long time, that is why cold rooms also buy, because it can be stored.
3. Export: Do you know you can export tilapia(red) directly from your farm to US? As in a frozen form. Information they say is key
4. Dried/smoked: It can also be dried/smoked, as in the case of catfish and the likes.
5. Variety: There are silver/black and red tilapia, unlike catfish which has only black as colour.
6. Less cannibalism: Tilapia cannibalize less, unlike catfish.
7. Feeding: tilapia eat same feed with catfish, in addition to that, they feed on any thing eatable such as leafs, kitchen waste, grasses, maggots, decay animals etc.
8. Easier to transport: unlike catfish, tilapia is more convenient to transport, be it fingerlings stage or table size stage.

These are some advantages tilapia has over catfish.

We @ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES, LAGOS. We produce high quality, disease resistant & fast growing tilapia fingerlings/juveniles ( hybrids inclusive)

Lagos Address: sunview estate, Ajah, lekki-epe expressway.
Warri Address: ijaw quarters, by st. Mary's junction, airport road.

Call/WhatsApp: 08021106583

We deliver directly to your farm Nationwide.

Please note:- be mindful of where you buy your Tilapia fingerlings, some persons go to the stream, river, canals etc to catch tilapia fingerlings and resell to unsuspecting farmers, at long run, they complain about slow growth rate and low FCR.

### Our parents brood stock was gotten from Thailand, and be sure of Genetically Improved Tilapia Fingerlings (GITF) when you order from us.###

Tilapia farming, the Future of Aquaculture in Nigeria

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
We appreciate those that have called to book for their fingerlings/juveniles, we promised it will get to you on the said date we agreed on. Once again we say thanks for your patronage.

Still available call to book your tilapia seedlings now, call/WhatsApp: 08021106583 (24/7)

Tilapia farming, The Future of Aquaculture

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Stmiceel(m): 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Thank you for taking on this painstaking exercise.
Well-done sir.
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 7:08am On Sep 11, 2020
Stmiceel:
Thank you for taking on this painstaking exercise.
Well-done sir.

Thank you sir, we are doing what we know how to do best

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 7:18am On Sep 11, 2020
Good day farmers, our next batch of training on tilapia rearing/culturing will commence soon.

Interested persons should call/WhatsApp this number: 08021106583 to book a space, limited space available.

ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES, LAGOS.

Tilapia farming, The Future of Aquaculture in Nigeria
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Sterlingsolutns: 3:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
Is this Tilapia fish farming really profitable? - Low FCR versus catfish; takes longer time to get to the market versus catfish; expensive to maintain a suitable habitat for them to thrive - My thought though

But if one can secure a niche market - It's a great experience

Thanks

Alphafarms:
In Nigeria of today, anybody that tells you he or she is into fish farming, the type of fish that comes to mind is catfish. How ever, this thread is not in anyway, trying to belittle or discouraged anyone from farming catfish. As a matter of fact, I also hatch/produce catfish seedlings, and farm catfish and I have been doing this since 2007 till date, and I can tell you that catfish is profitable and interesting to farm.
Early last year, I was opportune to go for a short course on tilapia fingerlings production, and I can tell you that tilapia is highly profitable and interesting to venture into.
1. Ready market: most of my customers are hotels, restaurant, cold rooms, exporters etc. No room for panicking, there's always market available.
2. Storage advantage: unlike catfish, tilapia can be refrigerated and store for a long time, that is why cold rooms also buy, because it can be stored.
3. Export: Do you know you can export tilapia(red) directly from your farm to US? As in a frozen form. Information they say is key
4. Dried/smoked: It can also be dried/smoked, as in the case of catfish and the likes.
5. Variety: There are silver/black and red tilapia, unlike catfish which has only black as colour.

We @ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES, LAGOS. We produce high quality, disease resistant & fast growing tilapia fingerlings/juveniles ( hybrids inclusive)

Tilapia farming, the Future of Aquaculture

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
Sterlingsolutns:
Is this Tilapia fish farming really profitable? - Low FCR versus catfish; takes longer time to get to the market versus catfish; expensive to maintain a suitable habitat for them to thrive - My thought though

But if one can secure a niche market - It's a great experience

Thanks

@ sterlingsolutns, yes it is really profitable, as for the FCR, it takes 7 months to get close to 1kg, with little input.

As for the expensive to maintain angle, i don't really understand your point, all fishes lives in water and if using concrete or trapouline pond, the water is changed as when necessary as in the case of catfish.

As for the market, believe me when I tell you there is ready Market which our local production can't meet at the moment, that's why we are urging fish farmers to come in and tap from it.
Thanks
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Sterlingsolutns: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2020
You will need aerator and more frequent changing of water compared to catfish farming

Thanks

Alphafarms:
@ sterlingsolutns, yes it is really profitable, as for the FCR, it takes 7 months to get close to 1kg, with little input.

As for the expensive to maintain angle, i don't really understand your point, all fishes lives in water and if using concrete or trapouline pond, the water is changed as when necessary as in the case of catfish.

As for the market, believe me when I tell you there is ready Market which our local production can't meet at the moment, that's why we are urging fish farmers to come in and tap from it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
Sterlingsolutns:
You will need aerator and more frequent changing of water compared to catfish farming

Thanks

Am not here to prove a point to you, you can always visit us to see for yourself, we are all together in this.

Thanks

We appreciate those that called/WhatsApp to book tilapia fingerlings and training space, we are grateful and thankful for choosing us.

Call/WhatsApp: 08021106583 to book for your tilapia fingerlings or training space

Tilapia Farming, The Future of Aquaculture
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Sterlingsolutns: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
It is wrong for you to attempt at rubbishing catfish farming because you want to promote your tilapia fish and training. It is unethical. Just state what you want say on the strong points of tilapia and move on. Some farmers' livelihood depends on what you want to start rubbishing on this platform

I'm not a catfish person I'm into tree crops

Thanks

Alphafarms:

Am not here to prove a point to you, you can always visit us to see for yourself, we are all together in this.

Thanks

We appreciate those that called/WhatsApp to book tilapia fingerlings and training space, we are grateful and thankful for choosing us.

Call/WhatsApp: 08021106583 to book for your tilapia fingerlings or training space

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
Sterlingsolutns:
It is wrong for you to attempt at rubbishing catfish farming because you want to promote your tilapia fish and training. It is unethical. Just state what you want say on the strong points of tilapia and move on. Some farmers' livelihood depends on what you want to start rubbishing on this platform

I'm not a catfish person I'm into tree crops

Thanks

Good day, please can you pin point where i rubbished catfish farming? Didn't you read where I said am into catfish as well? The write up was to give farmers an insight and options on fish Farming, and not what you were thinking.

Well, your aim is now achieved, and I know you are happy now.
Cheers and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
Still available, call to placed your order, silver black or red Tilapia fingerlings available in any quantity

Call/WhatsApp:- 08021106583

PLEASE NOTE:- Our online Training(Batch B) on Tilapia culturing, will kick off soon, call or Whatsapp to book a Training slot.

Thanks
Regards

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 11:20am On Nov 20, 2020
Xmas bonaza!!!

1. Order for tilapia fingerlings, and get free mentorship & materials/ebook from us.(500 to 2000 pieces)

2. Order for tilapia fingerlings, and get free mentorship, business plan & materials/ebook from us.(3000 to 5000 pieces)

3. Order for tilapia fingerlings, and get free mentorship, business plan, materials/ebook, training & weekly/monthly consultation visit.(5000 to 10000 pieces)

@ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES LAGOS,
We produce high improved genetic tilapia (silver black & hybrid) seedlings, that are rugged, disease resistant, fast growing & adaptive to new environment.

Our parents stock was gotten from Thailand (higly improved) to give you a return on investment ROI, in no distance time.

Call/WhatsApp -: 08021106583 to book for your tilapia seedlings today.

We deliver anywhere in Nigeria and west African as a whole.

Address: 12, Sunview Estate, Ajah, Lekki-epe Expressway Lagos.

Address: Ijaw Quarters by St Mary's junction, Airport road, Warri Delta State

A trial will convince you

Tilapia Farming, The Future of Aquaculture in Nigeria

Offer is from 15th November to 15th January 2021.
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
Heritage Farms Abuja, we say thank you for the confidence you have on us, and for signing a contract with us to manage and run the fishery section of your farm.

What are you still waiting for?

Call/WhatsApp us on 08021106583 to booked for your tilapia fingerlings, we deliver anywhere in Nigeria.

Our other services includes

* Marketing your tilapia table size
* Water testing Analysis for your fish Farming biz
* Hatching/breeding for interested farms/farmer
* Tilapia Farm setting up & management
* Training of beginners for tilapia farming
* Consultation & mentorship

Call/WhatsApp 08021106583 to booked or for Equiries

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by AMI3(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Alphafarms:
Heritage Farms Abuja, we say thank you for the confidence you have on us, and for signing a contract with us to manage and run the fishery section of your farm.

What are you still waiting for?

Call/WhatsApp us on 08021106583 to booked for your tilapia fingerlings, we deliver anywhere in Nigeria.

Our other services includes

* Marketing your tilapia table size
* Water testing Analysis for your fish Farming biz
* Hatching/breeding for interested farms/farmer
* Tilapia Farm setting up & management
* Training of beginners for tilapia farming
* Consultation & mentorship

Call/WhatsApp 08021106583 to booked or for Equiries

prce
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
AMI3:
prce

We appreciate your response

Please drop a message on WhatsApp, our representative will chat with you on price range on our tilapia seedlings.

Thanks
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
Good day farmers,
we are grateful to all our customers and clients Nationwide, and those that called for equiries, we say thank you for your patronage, and choosing to do business with us.

Tilapia fingerlings are available, silver black or hybrid, @ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES.

Order now and get free consultation and mentorship on your first rearing cycle from us for free.
We deliver to you anywhere you are in Nigeria

Call/WhatsApp:-- 08021106583

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by oyabak2020: 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
If you are in Oyo state and you are interested in any of the following:

*Cassava farming
*Snail
*Fish farming
*Poultry
*Piggery
*Goat rearing
*Animal feeds production
*Vegetable farming
*Goat farming
*Grass cutter
*Rabbit rearing
*Mushroom farming
*Beekeeping

*Soap moaking
*Paint making
*Bead making
*Perfume making
*Shoe & bag making
*Insecticide making
*Digital marketing
*Makeup
*Chips production & packaging
*Catering services

Come let's train you, empower you and access zero interest loan.

Chat me up via signature for details
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
oyabak2020:
If you are in Oyo state and you are interested in any of the following:

*Cassava farming
*Snail
*Fish farming
*Poultry
*Piggery
*Goat rearing
*Animal feeds production
*Vegetable farming
*Goat farming
*Grass cutter
*Rabbit rearing
*Mushroom farming
*Beekeeping

*Soap moaking
*Paint making
*Bead making
*Perfume making
*Shoe & bag making
*Insecticide making
*Digital marketing
*Makeup
*Chips production & packaging
*Catering services

Come let's train you, empower you and access zero interest loan.

Chat me up via signature for details

Okay that's cool, you are welcome
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
Good day farmers in the house
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
We Thank everyone for call or texting to book or to enquire about tilapia fingerlings.

Please do keep the calls/message coming

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 9:40am On Dec 26, 2020
Season Greetings From All Of Us @ALPHA FISHERIES & AGRO SERVICES LAGOS.

Keep the orders coming, 2021 is a year to diversify in new things and reap bountifully.

Tilapia Farming is worth trying, and reap the benefits.

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Emempaul(m): 9:47am On Dec 26, 2020
show us images of you in your farm and fishes you have successfully done from small to big size or whatever size you have. Seeing is believing here on naira land . I for one want to see those images so as to encourage my interest not some images of oyinbo with fish or fingerling but of you with your products

pictures say alot here, not DM or whatsapp but here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Emempaul:
show us images of you in your farm and fishes you have successfully done from small to big size or whatever size you have. Seeing is believing here on naira land . I for one want to see those images so as to encourage my interest not some images of oyinbo with fish or fingerling but of you with your products

pictures say alot here, not DM or whatsapp but here on nairaland

Peace!
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Good morning and happy New year to you all
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 10:25am On Jan 08, 2021
We thank everyone that called for booking and enquires, we say thank you so much for your patronage.

Keep the calls/WhatsApp coming 08021106583
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2021
Order your tilapia fingerlings and get free mentorship/training from us.
Call/WhatsApp 08021106583
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Freestainworld(m): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
Alphafarms:
7. Feeding: tilapia eat same feed with catfish, in addition to that, they feed on any thing eatable such as leafs, kitchen waste, grasses, maggots, decay animals etc.
8. Easier to transport: unlike catfish, tilapia is more convenient to transport, be it fingerlings stage or table size stage.

Please note:- be mindful of where you buy your Tilapia fingerlings, some persons go to the stream, river, canals etc to catch tilapia fingerlings and resell to unsuspecting farmers, at long run, they complain about slow growth rate and low FCR.

### Our parents brood stock was gotten from Thailand, and be sure of Genetically Improved Tilapia Fingerlings (GITF) when you order from us.###

Tilapia farming, the Future of Aquaculture in Nigeria
I want to know more about this fish farming, and the start up capital.
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
Freestainworld:
I want to know more about this fish farming, and the start up capital.

Thank you for your concern, please call or whatsApp 08021106583 to speak to our representative,we will be glad to hear from you and to render our support.

Regards
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Thanks for your calls and messages, keep it coming, we are grateful
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2021
Order for your tilapia fingerlings today and get free mentorship/training

Our parents stock was gotten from Thailand, be rest assured you are getting an Improved Genetically improved tilapia fingerlings strain, and not the local ones some persons pick from the wild eg stream, river or swampy area.

We deliver anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Why You Should Start Farming Tilapia Now (pictures) by Alphafarms(m): 9:03am On Feb 03, 2021
Join the tilapia Farming club, and smile to the bank

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Your Battery Cage @ Affordable Rate (click Here Now ! !! !!!) / Locally Fabricated Rice Milling Plant In Kano Built By Engineer Ilyasu Nazifi / Teak And Gmelina Trees SEEDLINGS For Sake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.