Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,883 members, 7,956,327 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics (535 Views)

Fayemi At 56: Roles He Played In Ekiti And National Politics / Adamu Song Says Atiku Is Only Strong In National Politics, Not In Adamawa / Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Chimok: 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2020
I really need to be educated on this.
I was having this discussion with a couple of friends on Nigerian leadership and the impact of various tribes
For me as far as north politics is concerned there is no difference between Hausas and Fulanis but a friend we feel know politics more was telling us that as far as national leadership is concerned Fulanis clearly dominated in the north.
In independence, We have Nnamdi Azikiwe (Igbo), Awolowo (Yoruba) Tafawa Belewa and Ahmadu Bello (Fulanis)
In recent history we have the late Yaradua and currently Buhari who are Fulanis
Yorubas have Tinubu and the rest of them making impact at the national level.
Igbos have Peter Obis, Orji Uzo Kalus and the rest.
Even naija delta has Jonathan and the rest of course.
When referring to the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria. It has always been Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba.
Please am really not trying to be mischievous or be misunderstood.
Who are the prominent Hausas in national politics
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by spy24(m): 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
Hausas are no different from Fulanis
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Christistruth00: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
Kwakwanso last Governor of Kano State.

Dangote is also Hausa.

They Say Gen Abdusalami Abubakar who became President after Abacha and handed over to Obasanjo in 1999 is Hausa but i have been trying to confirm it.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Chimok: 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2020
Christistruth00:
Kwakwanso last Governor of Kano State.

Dangote is also Hausa.

They Say Gen Abdusalami Abubakar who became President after Abacha and handed over to Obasanjo in 1999 is Hausa but i have been trying to confirm it.
Dangote an hausaman? interesting

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by DrGoodman: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
Which Hausa? The one bandits are chasing around?
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Sammy07: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2020
Chimok:
Yep, he's an Hausa man
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by helinues: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
sad
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Sammy07: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
I think we need reformed in our education system. The three major tribes are Fulani Igbo and Yoruba
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by DrGoodman: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2020
Sammy07:
I think we need reformed in our education system.
The three major tribes are
Fulani
Igbo and Yoruba

Are you saying that Fulanis has deleted hausa from the history of education books? grin

You are looking for trouble o
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Sammy07: 8:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
DrGoodman:

Are you saying that Fulanis has deleted hausa from the history of education books? grin

You are looking for trouble o

Lol, like seriously.
Hausas has been relegated to a minority tribe.
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by DrGoodman: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, like seriously.
Hausas has been relegated to a minority tribe.

Chai! This is unfair.
Re: Who Are The Prominent Hausas In National Politics by Christistruth00: 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2020
Chimok:

Hausas have always been better businessmen than Fulani and that is what made Hausa Language the second most spoken language in Africa.
International trade is part of their ancient Culture .

Dantata who is Dangotes maternal Grandfather is also Hausa.

Alhassan Dantata who was Dangotes great grandfather was once said to be the richest man in West Africa.

It is said that when the first Bank in Kano Opened in the 1950s he deposited 22 Camel Loads of Gold.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhassan_Dantata

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: IGP Abubakar Deploys CP, 2 DCP And ACP To Rig For APC, Ize-Iyamu / Edo Decides 2020: Tinubu Not A Determiner Of Obaseki's Fate - Wike / National Assembly Shifts PIB Deliberations To 2021, Nigerian Government Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.