Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? (1692 Views)

Does GLO NG Do This On Purpose? / Does Glo Bis Still Work On Android? / Does Glo Roll Over Unused Internet Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by rufaai(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2005
Hey,

I live in Sokoto, and i am using glo line with Sagem myV-55. But there is no GPRS connection here Sokoto.

Is there GSM Connection like that of "Vmobile CSD" were i can access the WAP using dialup number?
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Seun(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2005
There's no CSD on the Vmobile Network. Besides, CSD is probably too expensive. What do you need to use WAP for?
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by rufaai(m): 9:51pm On Jun 27, 2005
There is CSD on Vmobile. If you want to get the configuration send "make model" of your set to "148" and they will send you the config.

By the way i want to use any type of connection to access net with my glo line, you know i live in sokoto, were is no GPRS. So i want to know if i can access it using GSM or CSD.

I hope you can help
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Seun(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2005
Oops. I meant to say there's no CSD on the Glo Mobile Network. My error!
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by rufaai(m): 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2005
Oh, so now how do i get the glo wap service when there is no GPRS in my area? or thats the only alternatate they have? cry
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by mamba(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2005
Glo only has GPRS and no CSD on it's platform so it's a pity you can't use it.

There's something I wanna tell you about this CSD offered by these operators,
they are all offered by 3rd party companies like Mtech offering the service for MTN.
You can use any GSM network glo, Mtel or Vmobile to access the service by simply inputting the settings manually since it's dial-up it will work.
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by rufaai(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2005
So now do you know anyone that has a very fas service?
By the way, is Mtech fast or very slow?
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by mamba(m): 5:31am On Jun 28, 2005
Mtech is CSD provider for MTN, it's about 9kbps, real slow for web browsing but ok for wap.
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by rufaai(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2005
Does you a national or internation Wap provider via dialup (CSD) ? i just want to be able to browse using my mobile phone.
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Seun(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2005
The MTECH WAP service (for MTN) works on Vmobile and Glo Mobile Network (it is only MTEL that doesn't have CSD at all).

Configuration settings for the MTECH WAP service over CSD are available in [url=http://www.mtnonline.com/fun/WAP%20Brochure.pdf]this PDF document[/url] (later on, I might help you extract the relevant details from the document).
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by rufaai(m): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2005
I tried the MTN Brochure link even at there website, but i think they gave a wrong address of the PDF file.

So how can you help me with the configuration. I am very worried to have the Connection.
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Dclique(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2008
does csd connection exist in 9ja?
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Mustay(m): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2008
Of course it does exist in nigeria
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Dclique(m): 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2008
@mustay,can u kindly tell me where u can used this service, ,cus i doubt if its possible
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by samuelk(m): 1:19am On Nov 19, 2008
You can surely use it anywere the network is available unlike gprs,i think the dialup no for vmobile is +2348022980000 you can try it
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Dclique(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2008
Then which one is *99#(nokia dial up) and *99**1*1#(samsung dial up)?
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by stancozy(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2008
CSD does exist, but in small phones like siemen A40 and the likes, those *99# and the likes are for modem dialups
Re: Does Glo have GSM(CSD) Internet Connection? by Dclique(m): 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2008
yea, thanks man
bt have u noticed that when u wana setup a dial up connection via ur phone(modem).its connects to a GPRS NETWORK using a DAIL UP(CSD) mode, why is it like that,

(1) (Reply)

Bluetooth Transfer Rates / Computer Village Street Boys Are Rogues / Precautions Before Using Wifi Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.