Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad (658 Views)

President Buhari Virtually Commissions 3-Projects In Kano And Kaduna (Photos) / Buhari, Blinken, Onyeama Virtually Meet (Photos) / Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by heroshark(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
Please I need to understand the current law and tax policy for Nigerians living in Nigeria but working remotely abroad.

I recently got a job on a contract basis with a UK organization and part of the requirements is understanding the relevant laws and tax policy as regards Nigeria.

Please I need the information as soon as possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by Brandstudio01: 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2020
Why not reach out to the relevant Agency for accurate information via their online platforms if there's any such thing in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by heroshark(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Why not reach out to the relevant Agency for accurate information via their online platforms if there's any such thing in Nigeria

Thanks Brandstudio I will try that
Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2020
Only a fool will willingly pay tax to a Zoo.

The only tax I pay is bribe. Direct payment for the service that I need. Tax gbakwaa oku.

2 Likes

Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by aremuforlife(m): 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
Inky a fool will demand accountability from the the zoo leaders where he/she is an animal in the cage.
Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by LordFriar: 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hey Heroshark. Kindly respond .. On what platform did you the get the remote job please??
Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by heroshark(m): 4:07am On Dec 23, 2020
LordFriar:
Hey Heroshark. Kindly respond .. On what platform did you the get the remote job please??

It was not a straight forward process though. I have been involved with Activism and Youth leadership for quite a while now, I founded the Gray2Green Mvement ( www.gray2green.org) and early this year we became the 1st African organization to join Students Organising for Sustainability International ( www.sos.earth/sos-members/).
Joining the community was a big win for us, one day I received a mail that someone from the team recommended me for a position and that was it, they sent me the application link and I applied and passed through all the recruitment processes.

I think the important thing is networking.
Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:43am On Dec 23, 2020
LordFriar:

Ol boy, go here. I once almost hit a jackpot. I applied and was selected for a test. I did test and was told wait for interview. I dont know if they didn't know how to call naija on phone or what but i never got call. Then i received email that they found a more fitting person. Try your luck.

https://weworkremotely.com/
Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by LordFriar: 4:04am On Dec 24, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Ol boy, go here. I once almost hit a jackpot. I applied and was selected for a test. I did test and was told wait for interview. I dont know if they didn't know how to call naija on phone or what but i never got call. Then i received email that they found a more fitting person. Try your luck.

https://weworkremotely.com/

Thanks a lot bruh. I'll check it out.
Re: Tax Requirements For People Living In Nigeria And Working Virtually Abroad by LordFriar: 4:05am On Dec 24, 2020
heroshark:

I think the important thing is networking.

Networking .. I understand. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki, Shaibu Receive Certificate Of Return From INEC (Photos, Video) / Is This An Achievement? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.