Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri (4334 Views)

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia / Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by double3(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
uboma:

Hehehehe.

You weren't ready for the road trip but opened a thread about it.

Whichever means you choose to travel, do have a safe trip.
A 12 hrs trip with spare fuel pump,spark plugs and 2 etrxa tire speaks volume of the car.
OP if u ain't certain about the condition of ur car u might wanto start by embarking on shorter trips say 2-3hrs observe the performance and know what u might need to fix before embarking on longer distance.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2020
double3:

A 12 hrs trip with spare fuel pump,spark plugs and 2 etrxa tire speaks volume of the car.
OP if u ain't certain about the condition of ur car u might wanto start by embarking on shorter trips say 2-3hrs observe the performance and know what u might need to fix before embarking on longer distance.
Prevention they say is better than cure.
Anything can happen. Remember it's an automobile.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
uboma:

Hehehehe.

You weren't ready for the road trip but opened a thread about it.

Whichever means you choose to travel, do have a safe trip.
Thank you once more.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by double3(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
chillex8:

Prevention they say is better than cure.
Anything can happen. Remember it's an automobile.
Alright, so I guess ur preparing for the worst case scenario.....God's speed on ur trip!!
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2020
thebigkendo:
This ya tire resemble wetin dem rethread ohh
How do you know this? I like to know please
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by kdaddy: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by lilkech(m): 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
op, Na Dakar rally? shocked This one wey you pack spare parts full boot so grin

Relax, it’s a straightforward road. Just follow the Toyota hiace (hummer) busses you see and watch out for the bypass. Before you know it you’re in Asaba.

Safe journey

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by dadabashua1(m): 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
cheesy
lilkech:

Relax, it’s a straightforward road. Just follow the Toyota hiace (hummer) busses you see and watch out for the bypass. Before you know it you’re in Asaba.

Safe journey
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by diportivo: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bonatheripper:
This car I'm seeing here cannot move to owerri without breaking down.... Hope u get better money to change engine Shaaa.

Nobi by painting your car.... Na by the engine.

This one u thing is struggling to survive.

I'll be marveled if it even gets to Ore.... Talkess of Bayelsa

grin grin grin grin

mad oh
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 5:28am On Sep 14, 2020
lilkech:

Safe journey
Sadly, I won't take this advise.
It's one of the Fastest way to die.
Thanks for the journey wishes. Leaving lagos 04:00GMT. Not any second later.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by lilkech(m): 8:04am On Sep 14, 2020
chillex8:

Sadly, I won't take this advise.
It's one of the Fastest way to die.
Thanks for the journey wishes. Leaving lagos 04:00GMT. Not any second later.

It’s like you seldom go on road trips. All ‘major’ interstate bus transport companies were mandated to install speed limiter devices in their fleet sometime in the last year or so. This means those busses don’t exceed 100kmph on the highways these days.

Unless your car isn’t mechanically capable of reaching such speeds I don’t see the reason why doing such on a federal interstate highway will be synonymous with buying a one way ticket to meet your maker.

If you leave Lagos by 4am you’d be over the head bridge by 1pm and in owerri by 2pm. Just remember that once you get into Onitsha and take the flyover towards owerri the road is terrible and holdup will eat another 2-3hrs of your journey except after climbing the bridge you immediately take the next turn to your left at the demarcation in the road and follow the next turn to your right which will be like your going through a market. If you take this road you’d bypass the bad portion of your Onitsha drive and be on the highway to ihiala under 20mins after crossing the head bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by captainking(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2020
lilkech:

It’s like you seldom go on road trips. All ‘major’ interstate bus transport companies were mandated to install speed limiter devices in their fleet sometime in the last year or so. This means those busses don’t exceed 100kmph on the highways these days.

Unless your car isn’t mechanically capable of reaching such speeds I don’t see the reason why doing such on a federal interstate highway will be synonymous with buying a one way ticket to meet your maker.

If you leave Lagos by 4am you’d be over the head bridge by 1pm and in owerri by 2pm. Just remember that once you get into Onitsha and take the flyover towards owerri the road is terrible and holdup will eat another 2-3hrs of your journey except after climbing the bridge you immediately take the next turn to your left at the demarcation in the road and follow the next turn to your right which will be like your going through a market. If you take this road you’d bypass the bad portion of your Onitsha drive and be on the highway to ihiala under 20mins after crossing the head bridge.

if he truely leave lagos by 4 am..he should be in onitsha by 10 am nah..what do you think

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 11:36am On Sep 14, 2020
lilkech:

Would definitely use this route. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by lilkech(m): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
captainking:

if he truely leave lagos by 4 am..he should be in onitsha by 10 am nah..what do you think

grin My brother, as op is afraid of following hummer bus how will you expect him to arrive before them.

A person traveling with his own vehicle should be able to keep up with or overtake these busses on the highway with relative ease.

But we shouldn’t let op hurry for no reason. Let him enjoy his trip. I’m sure he doesn’t get to do it as much as he’d like to and will be looking forward to this one keenly.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by lilkech(m): 11:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
chillex8:

Would definitely use this route. Thanks.

You’re welcome. Once you cross the bridge and take that right turn to climb the bridge you’d see the market to your left across the demarcation and you’d see space to turn a few meters ahead. You won’t miss it.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Kingdemu: 11:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
OP it's 11:55pm. You still never reach?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 2:04am On Sep 15, 2020
Kingdemu:
OP it's 11:55pm. You still never reach?
Lol. Am still in Lagos.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Kingdemu: 6:57am On Sep 15, 2020
chillex8:
Lol. Am still in Lagos.
What happened?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by captainking(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2020
lilkech:

grin My brother, as op is afraid of following hummer bus how will you expect him to arrive before them.

A person traveling with his own vehicle should be able to keep up with or overtake these busses on the highway with relative ease.

But we shouldn’t let op hurry for no reason. Let him enjoy his trip. I’m sure he doesn’t get to do it as much as he’d like to and will be looking forward to this one keenly.

at the bolded...exactly bro,,my uncle that leaves lag by 4 am got to onitsha by past 9 am and arrived villa before 11 am for my younger sisters traditional..

True trueeee

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by IceDune: 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2020
Kingdemu:
What happened?

I don't understand the op, I was waiting for his update because I want to make same movement by weekend

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Kingdemu: 12:05am On Sep 16, 2020
IceDune:

I don't understand the op, I was waiting for his update because I want to make same movement by weekend
Abi the car done disppont am as predicted by a commenter?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 12:28am On Sep 16, 2020
IceDune:

I am still going on the trip. Next week precisely.
Pls update us if you eventually embark on yours.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by chillex8(m): 12:33am On Sep 16, 2020
Kingdemu:
Abi the car done disppont am as predicted by a commenter?
This no be Corolla ooo. Na Henry Ford bro.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by ShenTeh(m): 1:46am On Sep 16, 2020
chillex8:

Lol. Am still in Lagos.

Op, may God go with you. Safe trip.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by ShenTeh(m): 2:36am On Sep 16, 2020
I love road trip threads. One road trip on Nairaland I thoroughly enjoyed https://www.nairaland.com/3536071/lagos-zaria-road-trip-pics#52208860

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Dtruthspeaker: 4:35am On Sep 16, 2020
lilkech:

I do not think that is true but I stand to be corrected, that GIG Jet Mover does not listen to its speed limiter, even from Lekki to Epe grin

lilkech:

Ewo, Onitsha bridge is bad again and traffic laden?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38am On Sep 16, 2020
captainking:

at the bolded...exactly bro,,my uncle that leaves lag by 4 am got to onitsha by past 9 am and arrived villa before 11 am for my younger sisters traditional..

True trueeee

Dem don reduce the check point?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by captainking(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Dem don reduce the check point?
You know.. Onitsha aint as far as we think.. Just keep plenty hundred naira for car and ensure documents are complete... It will be a smooth ride..
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by seanfer(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2020
captainking:

You know.. Onitsha aint as far as we think.. Just keep plenty hundred naira for car and ensure documents are complete... It will be a smooth ride..

This is the trick I learnt from Gazzuzz and this has been working like miracle. PH to Lagos and back to PH. Once the police ask for paper and they check first 2 pages the next is Oga buy us water.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by captainking(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2020
seanfer:

This is the trick I learnt from Gazzuzz and this has been working like miracle. PH to Lagos and back to PH. Once the police ask for paper and they check first 2 pages the next is Oga buy us water.
Hahaha.. That's true boss.. I also learnt it here .. grin
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by lilkech(m): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not think that is true but I stand to be corrected, that GIG Jet Mover does not listen to its speed limiter, even from Lekki to Epe grin

Ewo, Onitsha bridge is bad again and traffic laden?

Sir mischievous drivers unplug/disable their own vehicles speed limiter. Only seasoned drivers in any bus company can do it and get away with it. Onitsha bridge is zoo zoom it’s the other flyover you face Onitsha-owerri road that’s an eyesore.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Owerri by Kingdemu: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2020
chillex8:
This no be Corolla ooo. Na Henry Ford bro.
Glad to know you are fine. Are you still embarking on the trip?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens To Vehicles In A Typical Norwegian Scrap Yard / 6 Reasons Why You Need Genuine Car Parts / Crack Windscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.