Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed (1010 Views)

Dangote, Modular Refineries To Pay Naira For Crude / Only 4 Refineries Near Completion of 70 Licensed, Others Dormant Or Expired / FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Racoon(m): 12:57am On Sep 11, 2020
-FG would resort to holding minority shares after giving up the refineries to investors.

The Federal Government has disclosed that it is in talks with some investors to give up majority stakes in the government’s 4 refineries.

The disclosure was made by the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kyari, during a discussion programme on Channels Television on Wednesday, September 9, 2020.

He revealed that the Federal Government wanted to implement an operating model in which the government-owned NNPC would be a minority shareholder in the assets. He said that the government wanted the LNG model for the refineries, where the private investors would operate and manage the refineries.

Mele Kyari said, “It means there will be more scrutiny of shareholders and also becoming more efficient to operate.That conversation is on the table.’’ The NNPC boss, however, did not specify how the government planned to transfer ownership, or who they hoped to transfer it to.

He also explained that plans were underway to rehabilitate the 4 major refineries to start producing at maximum capacity. This plan is expected to place Nigeria as one of the world’s biggest exporter of petroleum products within the next 3 years.

Kyari disclosed that the refineries, which have only worked sporadically for years due to severe under-investment, would need serious repairs & refurbishment as against the routine Turn Around Maintenance (TAM).

It can be recalled that in April, the NNPC said that it had shut down all its 4 refineries to secure funding for their refurbishment, and would no longer manage them when they reopened.

He said that the pipelines which supplied crude oil to these 4 refineries in Kaduna, Warri and Port Harcourt were badly damaged. In the latest financial report that was released by NNPC, these refineries processed almost no crude in 13 months to June this year, even though they had an operating cost of about $367 million.
https://nairametrics.com/2020/09/10/fg-to-give-up-majority-stakes-in-its-4-refineries-to-be-privately-managed/

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by AKswift: 1:05am On Sep 11, 2020
I would rather get approval from the FG to build new mid-size refineries close to the source of input than buy off FG stakes in those moribund refineries.....

1 Like

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Racoon(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2020
Abeg can this man & the NNPC spare this economically depressed nation among other segments this hogwash?
After how many years?

El Rufai once recommended this same decision but the corruption therein is so sweet.Atiku said same thing but myopic reason will not allow people to see the good side of it.Now after consuming chunk of Nigeria's resources, the moribund refineries are up for privatisation.So who is fooling who in this nation?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Nobody: 1:11am On Sep 11, 2020
They still plan on using the Turn Around Maintenance(TAM) to loot. They have spent billions of dollars "rehabiliting" the refineries and they have never worked to full capacity since the 80's.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Racoon(m): 1:12am On Sep 11, 2020
He also explained that plans were underway to rehabilitate the 4 major refineries to start producing at maximum capacity. This plan is expected to place Nigeria as one of the world’s biggest exporter of petroleum products within the next 3 years.

.........That the refineries, which have only worked sporadically for years due to severe under-investment, would need serious repairs & refurbishment as against the routine Turn Around Maintenance (TAM).
This is another scam or corruption loading.Kyari should perish that idea.If after promising 4 refineries in its first term but only apologized for failure to fulfill same.

Nigeria’s former  Minister of Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu,has admitted the failure of President Buhari’s administration to give Nigerians refinery as promised in the run-up to the 2015 presidential election.
http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/08/buharis-administration-failed-nigerians-not-building-refinery-promised-kachikwu

So kindly privatize & see how it goes.Enough!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Racoon(m): 1:12am On Sep 11, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
They still plan on using the Turn Around Maintenance(TAM) to loot. They have spent billions of dollars "rehabiliting" the refineries and they have never worked to full capacity since the 80's.
You mind these clueless & useless leaders in government?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 11, 2020
Racoon:

This is another scam or corruption loading.Kyari should perish that idea.If after promising 4 refineries in its first term but only apologized for failure to fulfill same, kindly privatize & see how it goes.Enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 11, 2020
Is this not the same thing Atiku proposed to do last year if elected and APC folks called him thief?

Nigerians deserve what they get aswear.

Tamuno come mek we push our canoe comot for here biko.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by realstars: 1:19am On Sep 11, 2020
Starting To Wake Up, The Nation Of Slumber, Wake Up Now Now And Plan For A Better Day.
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by JudasNaCarrot: 3:08am On Sep 11, 2020
So Atiku is no longer a thief.....abi.

Sai Babarians you see una life?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by helinues: 3:17am On Sep 11, 2020
Best way to go.

My people, no do cos of money or power lose your integrity oo..

Atiku comes to mind
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Shorsky1(m): 5:45am On Sep 11, 2020
Will that really help the economy
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by IamWonderful: 6:10am On Sep 11, 2020
Racoon:
Abeg can this man & the NNPC spare this economically depressed nation among other segments this hogwash?
After how many years?

El Rufai once recommended this same decision but the corruption therein is so sweet.Atiku said same thing but myopic reason will not allow people to see the good side of it.Now after consuming chunk of Nigeria's resources, the moribund refineries are up for privatisation.So who is fooling who in this nation?
Osibanjo also said it, he even went further that more license should be given for modular refineries and those illegal refineries that was destroyed should be regulated instead of been destroyed
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 11, 2020
Must it be rehabilitated before being sold.. sell it off this way..
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Duplik8t77(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2020
Same idea they demonised Atiku for. this apc Na dem be boss of cheap propaganda.

Well, I blame them not, I rather blame the gullible Nigerians being swayed around by their barefaced lies
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Aflix(m): 7:02am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:
Best way to go.

But you APC zombies called Atiku names when he proposed this What changed?
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by helinues: 7:04am On Sep 11, 2020
Aflix:

I thought about the same thing not quite long .

That's where integrity comes in... I learned new thing this morning.

People would not take you serious if you have lost your integrity
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Duplik8t77(m): 7:04am On Sep 11, 2020
Aflix:

what else do you expect from a zombie? Na there work to praise anything their Oga talk na
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Duplik8t77(m): 7:08am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:

in essence, you mean Atiku has lost his integrity while buhari is the man with the so called integrity? Mhen, I hope your bmc stipend is commensurate to the amount of work you put in supporting this vile nasty govt. if not, better go dey ride bike, that way you will still have ur senses to yourself

1 Like

Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by helinues: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2020
Duplik8t77:
in essence, you mean Atiku has lost his integrity while buhari is the man with the so called integrity? Mhen, I hope your bmc stipend is commensurate to the amount of work you put in supporting this vile nasty govt. if not, better go dey ride bike, that way you will still have ur senses to yourself

You can read right.. Even if Atiku was elected nas president then, nobody will trust him..

So yeah, Atiku lose his integrity long time ago
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by joelbooks: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2020
Yardua Presidency was the worst culprit by reversing the sale of refineries done by Obj. We are still paying dearly for it.
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by backnbeta(f): 7:13am On Sep 11, 2020
Bunch of confused elementsundecided
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Duplik8t77(m): 7:13am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:

You can read right.. Even if Atiku was elected nas president then, nobody will trust him..

So yeah, Atiku lose his integrity long time ago
here you go again, twisting the truth and creating Your Own reality. if you ask me, I would say both atiku and buhari have questionable integrity. especially the latter, because of his sanctimonious nature
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by HigherEd: 7:14am On Sep 11, 2020
You should have done this like 15 years ago.
Not only refineries, majority stakes in NNPC, NTA, Ajaokuta, Nipost and any other business Nigeria runs should be sold to the private sector with some regulation.

If possible if we can put up Nigeria to be run by an asset management company sef I no mind
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by helinues: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2020
Duplik8t77:
here you go again, twisting the truth and creating Your Own reality. if you ask me, I would say both atiku and buhari have questionable integrity. especially the latter, because of his sanctimonious nature

Oga , Kaki can never be leather...

GEJ removed subsidy Nigerians ( Opposition) protested....

Buhari removed same subsidy na only online ranting we dey read.

Except if you want to continue deceiving yourself, Atiku's integrity no even close to GEJ not to talk of Buhari
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Aflix(m): 7:16am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:

So, you are saying Buhari has no integrity?
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by helinues: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2020
Aflix:
So, you are saying Buhari has no integrity?

This time, read it slowly
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by ThatFairGuy1: 7:18am On Sep 11, 2020
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Duplik8t77(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2020
helinues:

Oga , Kaki can never be leather...

GEJ removed subsidy Nigerians ( Opposition) protested....

Buhari removed same subsidy na only online ranting we dey read.

Except if you want to continue deceiving yourself, Atiku's integrity no even close to GEJ not to talk of Buhari
na buhari tyranny be the difference.

meanwhile, same buhari said he didnt believe there is anything like subsidy, before he became president . the hypocrisy is nauseating
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by ThatFairGuy1: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2020
J111333:
Is this not the same thing Atiku proposed to do last year if elected and APC folks called him thief?

Nigerians deserve what they get aswear.

Tamuno come mek we push our canoe comot for here biko.
I've been seeing comments like this, just like the removal of subsidy.
What you all should ask yourself is why are those that protested Against the pms subsidy removal in 2012 didn't this yrs? The simple answer is, INTEGRITY. The former didn't while the latter posseses it. Why would they when there's nothing shady in it?

Concerning NNPC, If Atiku privatize it, we know he'll give it out to friends IN FRIENDSHIP MANNER.

WE ALL SAW WHAT TRANSPIRED WHEN HE CHAIRED THE PRIVATIZATION OF FG'S ASSETS DURING HIS VICE PRESIDENCY TENURE. WE ALL CAN'T BE HYPOCRITES
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I've been seeing comments like this, just like the removal of subsidy.
What you all should ask yourself is why are those that protested Against the pms subsidy removal in 2012 didn't this yrs? The simple answer is, INTEGRITY. The former didn't while the latter posseses it. Why would they when there's nothing shady in it?

Concerning NNPC, If Atiku privatize it, we know he'll give it out to friends IN FRIENDSHIP MANNER.

[b]WE ALL SAW WHAT TRANSPIRED WHEN HE CHAIRED THE PRIVATIZATION OF FG'S ASSETS DURING HIS VICE PRESIDENCY TENURE. WE ALL CAN'T BE HYPOCRITES
Where is Buhari's integrity because I can't find it? A man that claimed he was so poor that he couldn't pay for his party nomination form yet his wife flies to Dubai to shop for ordinary wedding amidst sufferings in the country. A man that promised to end medical tourism but he is the most abuser of it today. A man that assured he would fight corruption but we all know what is going on today under his nose. Imagine Tinubu had the audacity to bring in money into his home with bullion vans on election eve and Buhari looked the other way. Idi Agbon will be crying in his grave now. Goodluck may be a weakling but he is by far more honorable than Buhari in every aspect of leadership and has real visible integrity, not just integrity on the pages of a 1984 newspaper.

Coming to Atiku selling the refineries to his friends, who else will buy them? Tell me one rich Nigerian today who is not a friend of Atiku. Who else will buy the refineries if not Dangote, Otedola, Arthur Eze, Orji Uzoh Kalu, Tinubu, DanTata, Elumelu, Indimi etc and who among them is not Atiku's friend abi na you and I go buy the refineries?

Mr. Man, abeg comot for my mention. sad
Re: FG To Give Up Majority Stakes In Its 4 Refineries, To Be Privately Managed by Opexzy: 8:17am On Sep 11, 2020
Please sell them all, that's the only way to go...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Sanni Blasts Northern Governors On Twitter / Oil Mill Market Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / See What Nnamdi Kanu Said About Sunday Igboho's Attempted Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.