Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 (4653 Views)

Which Car Should I Buy Between Highlander 2005 And Rx 330 2005 / Lexus ES 350 And Rx 350 Both 2010 Model For Sale At Owerri 08075307042 / Toyota Corolla 04 For 999k And Rx 300 For 1.2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
Greetings to you all.

Please I would like to have a precise advice and analysis between the two above mentioned car.

As I see ES seems trendy but I think the RX should be rugged.

Please Auto know how in the house, help a brother make a better choice.

Modification: Lexus RX 330 (2005) and Lexus ES350(2008)
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by asbenz(m): 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
Is it RS or RX, ES WHAT? CAR MAKE PLS.
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2020
asbenz:
Is it RS or RX, ES WHAT? CAR MAKE PLS.

Thank you Sir.

Lexus RX330(2005) n Lexus ES 350(2008)
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Openbusiness: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2020
Both are good. But you can't just make a vague comparison and expect people to be able to advice you correctly, especially when the 2 cars are not even in the same segment, one is a car and the other is an SUV. You need to add more specific info, like
✓ are you a family man with up to 4 or more members
✓ does your area have good or bad roads
✓ is spaciousness or roominess an important factor for you
✓ do you prefer speed over ruggedness
✓ which class do you like more, SUV or sedan......etc!
So that people can now be able to advice you in the best way possible. Because both of them are good. It is your situation that will now determine which one people can advice you to pick.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Both are good. But you can't just make a vague comparison and expect people to be able to advice you correctly, especially when the 2 cars are not even in the same segment, one is a car and the other is an SUV. You need to add more specific info, like
✓ are you a family man with up to 4 or more members
✓ does your area have good or bad roads
✓ is spaciousness or roominess an important factor for you
✓ do you prefer speed over ruggedness
✓ which class do you like more, SUV or sedan......etc!
So that people can now be able to advice you in the best way possible. Because both of them are good. It is your situation that will now determine which one people can advice you to pick.

Thanks for your response.

I don't have a big family for now.

My area has a good road.

I don't really care if it's Sedan or SUV.

I actually want something that can serve me for a long time.

It's not in my wish to have a Mechanic as a "friend".

I also wish to know which one has a low maintenance culture.

What about what they call "second hand" value?

Thank a lot.
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Openbusiness: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kenmatt:

Thanks for your response.

I don't have a big family for now.

My area has a good road.

I don't really care if it's Sedan or SUV.

I actually want something that can serve me for a long time.

It's not in my wish to have a Mechanic as a "friend".

I also wish to know which one has a low maintenance culture.

What about what they call "second hand" value?

Thank a lot.
Both cars are very good. As per brand, they are both Lexus, as per engine, they use the same engine with same HP, but performance wise, the ES will outrun the RX because it has less drag on the car, because a sedan generally has better aerodynamics than an SUV in motion. As per resale value, both of them have good resale value due to it being Lexus. Both of them are reliable maintenance wise and servicing will cost about the same. The RX has better ground clearance and more roomier. In terms of luxury, for the full options of both, the ES comes out on top and is a bit more luxurious, having some some extras like the rear sensors etc. Since you have good roads, then the ES is not at a disadvantage. Leading us to the aspect of transmission. The RX is 5 speed but the ES is 6 speed, so the driving on the ES will feel a lot more smoother drive and quicker / smoother shifts than the RX. 6 speed vs 5 speed means the transmission in the ES is more modern than the RX. Then lastly, the RX is 2005 but the ES is 2008, that's a three year gap. So overall, I will advice you pick the 2008 ES350. But buy the full options with camera, rear sensors, navigation screen etc

4 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

Both cars are very good. As per brand, they are both Lexus, as per engine, they use the same engine with same HP, but performance wise, the ES will outrun the RX because it has less drag on the car, because a sedan generally has better aerodynamics than an SUV in motion. As per resale value, both of them have good resale value due to it being Lexus. Both of them are reliable maintenance wise and servicing will cost about the same. The RX has better ground clearance and more roomier. In terms of luxury, for the full options of both, the ES comes out on top and is a bit more luxurious, having some some extras like the rear sensors etc. Since you have good roads, then the ES is not at a disadvantage. Leading us to the aspect of transmission. The RX is 5 speed but the ES is 6 speed, so the driving on the ES will feel a lot more smoother drive and quicker / smoother shifts than the RX. 6 speed vs 5 speed means the transmission in the ES is more modern than the RX. Then lastly, the RX is 2005 but the ES is 2008, that's a three year gap. So overall, I will advice you pick the 2008 ES350. But buy the full options with camera, rear sensors, navigation screen etc

I appreciate your work in a great way.

Just that the Es is too flashy (It's eye catching).
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Openbusiness: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kenmatt:

I appreciate your work in a great way.

Just that the Es is too flashy (It's eye catching).
Well, that's a personal perspective for you. For some people it's just normal, there's no flashiness about it. Then again another major advantage is that you can easily upgrade the 08 ES to the newer model look, because the 08 falls in the same category body wise with newer models up to 2018 model, i think. But you can't upgrade the 2005 RX to newer models, because the body was changed in 2010. Only 2004 - 2008 / 09 RX share the same body, I think. So the ES wins in this aspect too. But for me, I don't the think the ES is flashy. If you're talking flashy, then maybe cars like the Porsche panamera etc.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Well, that's a personal perspective for you. For some people it's just normal, there's no flashiness about it. Then again another major advantage is that you can easily upgrade the 08 ES to the newer model look, because the 08 falls in the same category body wise with newer models up to 2018 model, i think. But you can't upgrade the 2005 RX to newer models, because the body was changed in 2010. Only 2004 - 2008 / 09 RX share the same body, I think. So the ES wins in this aspect too. But for me, I don't the think the ES is flashy. If you're talking flashy, then maybe cars like the Porsche panamera etc.

I doff my hat for you Sir!

What is the estimated cost of the upgrade?
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by senator2k9(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
U are very correct except for the fact that u said they have the same engine. ES350 is equipped with a 3.5ltr V6 engine, while the RX330 is equipped with a 3.3ltr V6 engine. That's to say the RX330 is more economical in terms in fuel. A little difference sha
Openbusiness:

Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Openbusiness: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
senator2k9:
U are very correct except for the fact that u said they have the same engine. ES350 is equipped with a 3.5ltr V6 engine, while the RX330 is equipped with a 3.3ltr V6 engine. That's to say the RX330 is more economical in terms in fuel. A little difference sha
Ok, yes, you're right. 3.3 vs 3.5. that specifics skipped my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Openbusiness: 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kenmatt:

I doff my hat for you Sir!

What is the estimated cost of the upgrade?
Depends on the year you are upgrading to. They are not same costs
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Depends on the year you are upgrading to. They are not same costs

Can you use 2016 to analyse the cost?
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Openbusiness: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kenmatt:

Can you use 2016 to analyse the cost?
can't really say. You can seek that info from other experts here like Rad auto etc. Or you can go to local market like ladipo and sample the prices. But pay attention to quality, especially the headlights. Don't buy any light that the seller can't give you like 1 year warranty. Otherwise you might buy lights that will pack up within 1 to 4 months etc, and the seller will disown you.
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by promotervickky(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
Go for any, but the Rx is more rugged and flexible, ensure you carry out a ViNcheck, don't be unfortunate
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by nams77: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2020
Would actually go for the ES except i have specific need for an SUV.
Re: Which One Is Better Between ES 350 2008 And RX 330 2005 by Kenmatt(m): 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2020
Openbusiness:
can't really say. You can seek that info from other experts here like Rad auto etc. Or you can go to local market like ladipo and sample the prices. But pay attention to quality, especially the headlights. Don't buy any light that the seller can't give you like 1 year warranty. Otherwise you might buy lights that will pack up within 1 to 4 months etc, and the seller will disown you.

Thanks a million times.

The upgrade thing doesn't catch my fancy.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!! Nigerian Used 2010 Honda Pilot For Sale @enugu / Sold Reliable Nissan Sunny 2011 Automatic ₦1,300,000 / 2008 TOYOTA CAMRY Le(silver Colour)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.