Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri (830 Views)

Should I Serve In Zamfara Or Redeploy? / NYSC In Borno(maiduguri). Help A Brother. / Emeje Chinonye: Female Corper Dies In Borno State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri by Nahnahvlogs(f): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
Camp might be re opened soon,in three weeks or so I’ll be done with my National Youth Service..
I’m currently serving in Maiduguri and felt some prospective Corp members might have bulging questions they want answers to,I’ll be writing on different categories to make it very clear....please feel free to ask questions you’ll like me to give answers to and you can email me @abdulnana08@gmail.com

So let’s get started��������
First thing I’ll be writing on is the first question you might have.Do people serve in maiduguri?is it one of the states Nysc deploy Corp members to? Keep reading and I’m excited about sharing my experience ☺️
Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri by Nahnahvlogs(f): 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
That night when I saw my call up letter and saw I was posted to maiduguri,I felt sad,yes I picked it but my thoughts were they can’t post me there na.....they did actually and immediately my decision was I’m redeploying why would I stay back but look at me writing this right in the capital city maiduguri and calling myself “your favorite Borno Kopa”lol
Yes!!!!!! Corper’s are posted there,some don’t even pick it during the posting but are posted there so if you don’t want to risk it,don’t put it in the first place,you might end up like me....actually no regrets on my end.
Borno-Maiduguri is in the northeastern part of Nigeria so definitely people are posted there but with the exception to serve only in the metropolitan,no one is posted into the local government like Bama,Jere LGA etc respectively unlike most states where Corp members are posted to every part of a particular state.

The next is can you redeploy?is there automatic redeployment?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri by Nahnahvlogs(f): 11:05am On Sep 12, 2020
Hey!
When I picked Borno as part of my state of deployment choice,I told my friends and they were like why would you choose the state,I said even if I’m posted there,there’s automatic relocation na...I was wrong,so all of my thoughts were if I was posted I’ll be redeployed to another state immediately.no no no that’s not how it goes.
If you see Borno state in your call up letter,you would have to go to camp before you can have the option of relocating,due to the insecurity challenges for awhile camp does not take place in Maiduguri but In other states like for Batch C stream 1&2 we camped in Katsina and the second week at camp we all would be issues relocation form,if you are interested in relocating,I lost interest in redeploying the second week and didn’t get the form,the relocation is based on security challenges like they are on health reasons and the likes,there are exceptions of some states you can’t pick.
The state of origin
The state you schooled
Lagos
Abuja
Port harcourt
Though if you have connections and all you could pick these states and get it but if you don’t,you wouldn’t like where you’ll be posted to,lol.
So the day we are to leave camp you’ll be able to see where you have been relocated to and those of us going to maiduguri would be able to see our place of primary assignment on our dashboard respectively...
I guess this answers the question,and if you feel like,you could wait till the next stream or batch and re register if you don’t want to camp there atall but it’s all fun and experience if you atleast camp in any state and redeploy if you feel like.

So yes,you can redeploy after getting to camp with the exception of some states and base on security reasons.

The next I’ll be writing on is,what does maiduguri look like,if I decide to come down there what should I be expecting?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri by Maj196(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2020
Oporr shocked

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know Before Choosing To Serve In Borno,maiduguri by Timewaster: 6:26am On Sep 13, 2020
Only a corper who don't read news or a born slowpoke with no use of life will carru her 2 hands and select bOrnu as destination

(1) (Reply)

Where Are U Posted For Your Nysc Service ? / NYSC / Nysc Ish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.