Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,371 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Nigerian Militants In Libya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Militants In Libya (2216 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Nigerian Militants Challenge Boko Haram ! For Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Militants In Libya by IbitoruA(f): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2011
I was watching a report on the Libya crisis on CNN yesterday and imagine my surprise when the reporter said that the Libyan president, Muammar Gadhafi had Chad, Sudanese and NIGERIAN militants in his employ. So the situation in Nigeria has become so bad that our militancy has become international shocked
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by ShangoThor(m): 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2011
Ibitoru A:

I was watching a report on the Libya crisis on CNN yesterday and imagine my surprise when the reporter said that the Libyan president, Muammar Gadhafi had Chad, Sudanese and NIGERIAN militants in his employ. So the situation in Nigeria has become so bad that our militancy has become international shocked

So you seriously had no idea of the connections between those militants and the militants in Northern Nigeria, and the source(s) of the weapons used to wage Islamic incursions in Northern Nigeria.

This is precisely the reason why non Muslim communities will remain sitting ducks in Northern Nigeria and strengthens the arguments related to letting them arm themselves in order to protect their communities.

If the malfunctioning State cannot guarantee security, then constituent communities should be allowed to arm themselves in order to guarantee their protection.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by againstGEJ(m): 3:22pm On Feb 24, 2011
believe that and you will believe everything and anything.

Is it not the same propaganda that black Africans are being imported as mercenaries to fight in Libya, forgetting there are black Libyans?

Try not to just believe everything you hear or read about.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by EzeUche2(m): 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
Well they did show images of a man who was captured with a Nigerian passport.

They are most likely from the North, because Southern Nigerians do not go to the "Arab" North. They would rather go to the West or even Asia.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by 9ijaMan: 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

They are most likely from the North, because Southern Nigerians do not go to the "Arab" North. They would rather go to the West or even Asia.

You do not have the name of the so called millitant yet and you have already concluded he's from the North. Nigeria e!
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2011
they said chad, niger and guinea.

i'm sure some are also black libyans though.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by Beaf: 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
I posted a similar topic some days ago. Yesterday, it was announced on CNN as well that Nigerian mercenaries are in Libya. It is also all over the web that there are Libyan pamphlets being distributed in Nigeria for mercenaries at $2000.00 per day. Almajiri's and Boko Haram will be smiling.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by homerac7: 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2011
Assuming there r Nigerian fighters there truly, what happens after Libya? D rogues return wt d weapons n arms to terrorize us here at home, isnt it? I hope d security agencies know dt nipping ds in d but is better dn combating it fully fledged.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by againstGEJ(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
They probably meant Nigeriens and not Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by IbitoruA(f): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
if i didn't hear the reporter correctly, i'm pretty sure i can trust the hearing of everyone in my living room who clearly heard Nigerians, not Nigeriens
againstGEJ:

They probably meant Nigeriens and not Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
some non-nigerians cant tell the difference between nigerian and nigerien, so the reporter could have made an error.

not saying there arent any nigerians in libya though, because we all know there are many sub-saharans there.

even southern nigerians full the place- at least the black immigrant region.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by Obiagu1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nigerian and Nigerien are pronounced exactly the same by the English and Americans.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by londoner: 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
I think it is Nigeriens, most non Africans dont know they are not one and the same nationality.

Having said that, we have our own extremists that would probably be in Libya on the side of gadaffi if called.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by MaiSuya(m): 10:30pm On Feb 24, 2011
isnt there a difference btw a mercenary [/i]and a [i]militant?
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by jara: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2011
Some of you may have forgotten Alhaji Dokubo from Niger Delta and his trainers got "educated" in Libya and other Arab countries.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by koruji(m): 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Ibitoru/EzeUche et al
We should be careful before perperating false information, [size=14pt]worst of all against ourselves[/size]. I saw that report on one CNN program (Spitzer's new gig) and he did say the guy was Nigerian. Later Anderson on Anderson 360 correctly identified the guy as "Nigerien", easily mistaken as "Nigerian" like Spitzer did.

Watch the video - Is that your Green Nigerian Passport or most likely the Niger Passport - [size=14pt]Look at the Shield in the Video and the Shield in the Niger Passport image to the right[/size].

[size=14pt]What's most annoying is not the ignorance of CNN or the fact that this crap is all over the web, but that Nigerians themselves did not check before perpetrating it. Where is our Foreign Ministry?[/size]

Some Libyan is going to attack a Nigerian days, weeks, months, years from now based on this CRAP. Another reason to get rid of this Lugard-Concubine name!!!

[center][flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjHtGsAadWs?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash][/center]

EzeUche_:

Ibitoru A:

Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by againstGEJ(m): 12:50am On Feb 25, 2011
God bless you.

I told them it was probably Nigerien, see what they said in reply:
Ibitoru A:

if i didn't hear the reporter correctly, i'm pretty sure i can trust the hearing of everyone in my living room who clearly heard Nigerians, not Nigeriens
Maybe all the people in the room had nasty hearing palaver.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by againstGEJ(m): 12:52am On Feb 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

yeee - see lie.
Re: Nigerian Militants In Libya by 9ijaMan: 1:52am On Feb 25, 2011
koruji:

@Ibitoru/EzeUche et al
We should be careful before perperating false information, [size=14pt]worst of all against ourselves[/size]. I saw that report on one CNN program (Spitzer's new gig) and he did say the guy was Nigerian. Later Anderson on Anderson 360 correctly identified the guy as "Nigerien", easily mistaken as "Nigerian" like Spitzer did.

Watch the video - Is that your Green Nigerian Passport or most likely the Niger Passport - [size=14pt]Look at the Shield in the Video and the Shield in the Niger Passport image to the right[/size].

[size=14pt]What's most annoying is not the ignorance of CNN or the fact that this crap is all over the web, but that Nigerians themselves did not check before perpetrating it. Where is our Foreign Ministry?[/size]

Some Libyan is going to attack a Nigerian days, weeks, months, years from now based on this CRAP. Another reason to get rid of this Lugard-Concubine name!!!

Shame on those who jumped into unfounded conclusion that the guy could be from Northern Nigeria. Fanning the flame of tribalism will not take us to where we should be.

(1) (Reply)

The Igbo Still Remember How Awo Foiled Their Biafra Dream--Alaafin / Pinnacle Oil To Build N39bn Mooring Facility / President Mugabe's Speech At The 67th UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.