Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share (404 Views)

Samsung Leads In 5G Smartphones In Q1 2020 / How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by beejayvince(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
According to a popular analytical firm Counterpoint Research, Samsung has led the Smartphone Market in South Korea for Q2 2020. Other runner-ups include Apple and LG in second and third positions respectively. The research firm is however yet to release a report on its website but has sent these reports to media houses in South Korea.

With reference to the report, Samsung is still at the top with a 67% market share, as well as improving by 3% QoQ. Apple fell in second place with a 19% market share, while growing at a tiny 1% QoQ. LG, on the other hand, remained in third place with a 13% market share and declining QoQ by 3%.

Samsung’s lead in the South Korea Smartphone Market may be due to the strong sale of its Galaxy A series and Galaxy S20 series. The report released by Counterpoint Research even pointed out that the Galaxy A series made 5 out of the company’s top 10 bestsellers. Apple’s iPhone SE 2020 was the best-selling smartphone in Q2 2020.

It was also recorded that the prices of the Galaxy A-series bestsellers which recorded 45% of Samsung’s sales were priced below $400. Sales also increased by 33% YoY since South Korea has always been a top market for flagship devices. The only issue these companies faced was due to the Pandemic, as reported by Counterpoint Research in May.

On a final note, a decrease of 8% YoY in South Korea’s smartphone market was also recorded despite its 9% increase QoQ in Q2 2020.

Source:
https://www.smartphonecamp.com/samsung-leads-the-smartphone-market-in-south-korea-with-a-67-market-share/

Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by uncleck: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
Samsung, the King of Android phones. I told people that Apple will one day go the ways of BlackBerry, they called me a madman. But time will tell.

Please nairalanders, where is NwaAmaikpe?
If any mod has given him 1000 years ban or something, please unban him. It's even better you ban me. If He's absent on his own volition, someone should please reach out to him and bring him back.

I always looked toward to reading his comment. I miss him so much.

Even if you add that 'damn nigarrr' boy plus that heaven/hell fire man including that once noisy LadyF, even plus Ubunja and Poco something, all of dem together, they no reach only nwaAmaikpe.

#BringBackNwamaikpe
Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by Rareoil(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
Samsung's HQ are in South Korea.
Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by edoairways: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
You expect Samsung not do well in their homebase, of course they will?. Apple is still the best in term of security
Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by Jafar1: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
Uncleck
Samsung, the King of Android phones. I told people that Apple will one day go the ways of BlackBerry, they called me a madman. But time will tell.

I disagree with the bolded...
There are many android, but only one ios..

Apple is unique and will not be stupid to make the same mistake BB did.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by lanre316: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2020
I will be surprised if they are not the no 1 in their own country. Huawei is no1 in China and Apple is no1 in USA.
Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by Sanuelpaul(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2020
Item, tecno and infinix take 1st, 2nd and 3rd spot in Nigeria
Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by Ghallant01(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Na Samsung be their phone for South Korea... people who watch K-Drama can relate to this

1 Like

Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by Sbsrules: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ghallant01:
Na Samsung be their phone for South Korea... people who watch K-Drama can relate to this
so true

1 Like

Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by walesho(m): 4:36am On Sep 16, 2020
If you say Samsung is the king of android, what will you say of the real owner of the Android OS (Google Pixel) grin
Re: Samsung Leads The Smartphone Market In South Korea With A 67% Market Share by Kunja2: 5:57am On Sep 16, 2020
That's nice. I thought it's even Apple

(1) (Reply)

Gionee S9 Battery / Buy Your Iphone 7plus, Huawei Y7prime, Huawei Y6P Phones On Zoomba.ng / I Need A Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.