Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,089 members, 7,849,408 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Naija Pastors: My Opinion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Naija Pastors: My Opinion (815 Views)

Naija Pastors Again: Checkout Receipt "For Deliverance Fee" Paid To A Church / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Naija Pastors: My Opinion by Hathor5(f): 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hismasterpiece:

Uhmm... They've read it? And read it over and over? They've gone to seminary? They are anointed to preach? Etcetera..

Besides if not for people's laziness, we are not supposed to be dependent on Pastors the way we are. We all are supposed to know God for ourselves.

If people actually read their Bible's and didn't depend on Pastor's prayers and teachings things would be very different.

I have not said that people should not read the Bible but a pastor should know more about the Bible than the average person and to have a deeper understanding of the Bible it is not enough to just read it over and over again. You must know the context of each passage, the etymology of words, the audience a passage was directed at, the background of the writers and more.
Re: Naija Pastors: My Opinion by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hathor5:

I have not said that people should not read the Bible but a pastor should know more about the Bible than the average person and to have a deeper understanding of the Bible it is not enough to just read it over and over again. You must know the context of each passage, the etymology of words, the audience a passage was directed at, the background of the writers and more.

True that... It's important to have a sound theological background, knowledge of the cultures, languages and so on associated with the scriptures..

1 Like

Re: Naija Pastors: My Opinion by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Truvel:
Op, U Av Spoken Well. It's Better To Be A Rich Pastor Dan To Be A Poor Pastor. Most Of Dis Men Of God U See Riding Big Cars Passed Tru Hell B4 Dey Became What Dey Are.

LOL..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Law And Homosexuality. / Divine Revelation|| "Should I take the Vaccine", "Great Tribulation" / Why You Will Never Be Satisfied When You Receive All That You Prayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.