Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Limitation On Professional/ Personal Advancement - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Limitation On Professional/ Personal Advancement (149 Views)

Enlightenment On Professional Course To Take As A Corp Member / Corp Member Dilemma On Professional Certificate Program/course. / Career Advancement - Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Limitation On Professional/ Personal Advancement by Teemarhtee(f): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2020
I was awed when I got to know of the development or should I say rule regarding the take of professional exam in a workplace. Let’s fast forward to the present which says an employee of a department is entitled to write a professional exam once in a year ( irrespective of how many diets you have in a year), this means as an employee, you have to rotate the take of professional exams. Let’s say there are 5 employees in a department and there are 2 diets in a year, it will take 5 diets for the exam to go round each individual which is equivalent to 2 years and half.. Don’t forget, that might be the first stages of writing. Assuming there are 2 to 3 stages, how do they cope? Where is the room for advancement?
I see no reason why a 3-4 days leave should pose a threat to the organisation. I’m still trying to comprehend. What’s your take on this?
Re: Limitation On Professional/ Personal Advancement by Naijabad: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2020
Teemarhtee:
I was awed when I got to know of the development or should I say rule regarding the take of professional exam in a workplace. Let’s fast forward to the present which says an employee of a department is entitled to write a professional exam once in a year ( irrespective of how many diets you have in a year), this means as an employee, you have to rotate the take of professional exams. Let’s say there are 5 employees in a department and there are 2 diets in a year, it will take 5 diets for the exam to go round each individual which is equivalent to 2 years and half.. Don’t forget, that might be the first stages of writing. Assuming there are 2 to 3 stages, how do they cope? Where is the room for advancement?
I see no reason why a 3-4 days leave should pose a threat to the organisation. I’m still trying to comprehend. What’s yours take on this?

Any organisation that does not support or that hinders the development of their staff is not worth working for.

Just start looking for another job.
Re: Limitation On Professional/ Personal Advancement by Teemarhtee(f): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
My point exactly! All I can deduce from this is a selfish interest of that organization!

(1) (Reply)

Better Days Ahead.....Dr Ramon Adedoyin / Vacancy For The Post Of Operation Assistant. / How To Work With Isahgolds And Get Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.