Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience (25537 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by foreveryou(m): 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
This is not funny but waiting for HIV result can be very agonizing. I had my 2nd HIV testing done recently and I vowed never to touch 'toto' again. The fear, agony, ill-thoughts and blood pressure i felt while waiting for the result got me to saying NO to 'toto'. But unfortunately, in less than 2 weeks after the joy of being clean, I was back at chopping my 'toto'.
Please share your experience of waiting for your HIV testing!!!! Is there a 'do it yourself kit' that one can use? How best can one get tested without being subjected to the higb-blood pressure we suffer at the DR?
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by MMM2(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2011
start using condom.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Dsense(m): 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nairaland Rats still exist shocked sad
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by foreveryou(m): 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2011
M M M:

start using condom.

I always use Condom. With all this buhaha about leaks and inefficiency, one can never tell.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by neyshed: 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
Where is the Rats @D- sense shocked shocked
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by kaymoney2(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
foreveryou:

I always use Condom. With all this buhaha about leaks and inefficiency, one can never tell.

@OP Egungun becareful na express you dey go motor go jam you
Trailer go kill you  
undecided undecided

Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by foreveryou(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
kay-money:

@OP Egungun becareful na express you dey go motor go jam you
Trailer go kill you  
undecided undecided

What are you trying to say? That you wear no condoms?
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by neyshed: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2011
Meaning PLs@ kay-money
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by kaymoney2(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
foreveryou:

What am saying is that when you enjoying the trip deep down and
your condom leak or bust along the line then there are bound to be problems,   
That's when Egungun got to becareful on the express road
grin grin grin
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by ShyOne(f): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
i will be taking an HIV test soon

i'm just not going to think about it or worry about it (i hope that will be my actual reaction at the health dptmt)

i will have the staff email the results to him and he has agreed to do the same
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Odunnu: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
Depending on your sexual activity,I think we should be sure of our status everytime.
My first test was done without my consent. I went to see my cousin at the teaching hospital so she could draft a medical fitness letter for my admission into the University. Amongst other things she did was the HIV test whch wasnt included by the sch.She felt like just doing it.
There's a 'do it yourself' kit available for free at general hospitals now.I used it just for fun few months back.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by googles: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hmmm my first HIV test was such a scare lol. . . . I had my first ever tattoo so 'twas necessary to do the test 3 months after and during the

15-20 mins wait I thought about my life and all the times 've gone skinny dipping . 'twas the longest 20 mins of my life ever since then I try to

do the test every six months just to be sure of my status.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nakele(f): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
If its the first ever time, am telling you, you gonna freak out,,,,it would be jittery everywhere,,,,,,,, regardless your sexual activities,,,, even you 'v only slept with your one man, you will be nervous and shaking as hell.

With me, I even delayed to go get the results,,,,,,,By then I never had unprotected sex but cos  HIV can be caught thru different means, I was not sooo sure I was safe,,,,, so you NEVER can tell,,,, I was still scared and I felt like my heart was popping out ,,,,,Gosh I will never forget that day,,,,even on the tests that followed, my heart would always pump like someone pumping a car tire,,,,,lol but it is scary yoh,,,,,
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by aminalib(f): 11:14pm On Feb 24, 2011
my first test was filled with anxiety and what ifs, it took i believe 2 weeks i would get the results back,.they gave me a number to call in and what time to call in tot get my results, i could not sleep for 2 weeks,, i would wake up in the middle of the night thinking about"WHAT IF", i thought about everything i had done in my life and what i had yet to accomplish and would i tell people, how would i tell people, just alot went on in my mind,
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by ismaeel86(m): 12:09am On Feb 25, 2011
When i had my first HIV test, i knew dat i cannot have dat virus cos have been very careful with unprotected sex, i just did it out of curiosity, and i was glad i did, cos on getting there i met a lot of people at the centre looking healthy but they did not come for HIV test but to receive their anti retro viral drugs. it was then i now realised dat the virus is REAL and people can carry it without one knowing. AIDS IS REAL abstinence is d best form of protection. or stick to only one partner.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 25, 2011
The first time around was kinda weird and crazy thoughts also ran through my head, remembering all the questionnable piece of asss I have laid with. . . . . . . . But now its just a walk in the park.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Pweety4me(f): 3:46am On Feb 25, 2011
^Till u 'hit' the wrong 1! lipsrsealed
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 25, 2011
@pweety
The reason it is now a walk in the park is because you would never see me touch a gal, in this day and age, without protection.
As for being unlucky like that and get it through other means(bad blood transfusion after an accident or unclean needles at the hospital), there is not really much I can do against it, is it?
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Pweety4me(f): 3:55am On Feb 25, 2011
That's ur own perogative Browny cool
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 25, 2011
Sunshine, you need to take precautions in life but you also shouldn't leave in fear like a closet freak. As long as a person wears a condom during sex then they have taken all the necessary measures against catching some bad stuff. What do you suggest, Not having sex? Wear a "full body condom like" protection?
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Pweety4me(f): 4:08am On Feb 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Sunshine, you need to take precautions in life but you also shouldn't leave in fear like a closet freak. As long as a person wears a condom during sex then they have taken all the necessary measures against catching some bad stuff. What do you suggest, Not having sex? Wear a "full body condom like" protection?

Honey Bun, i get it but babe that's just not me, i'm not down with them kinda shows, i can only tell you what i know & feel same as you, look the way u chose to live your life is choice bruh. smiley

Do u follow any religious beliefs watsoever?(just asking)
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:25am On Feb 25, 2011
What does religion has to do with condoms?!
I live my life to the fullest of my abilities without any regrets/remorse whatsoever.
I don't go to no church and I DEFINITELY don't listen to no goddam preacher. . . . . I believe in god, I just don't believe he is waiting for me in church every sunday to talk to me via a puppet aka preachers.
I stand and believe in everything I have ever done in my life without any regret or remorse! on judgment day, I will be fully ready(with a grin on my face and SWEET memories)for whatever sentences, if any.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Pweety4me(f): 4:27am On Feb 25, 2011
^Y are u blasting? anywho's so u believe in God? so y don't u follow his words?

Stop hiding from the truth ok.

& i didn't say religion had anything to with mini rubber bags!!
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 25, 2011
You better read the bible again sista!! Many highgly respected men of god had biatches while being married some up to 400 and they were NOT sinners in the eyes of god. So if its ok for them then its damn well ok for ME!
Don't believe the hype and READ your bible rather than letting someone preach to you what THEY want to believe.
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Pweety4me(f): 4:40am On Feb 25, 2011
Uhhh. . .ok

Living in denial
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:50am On Feb 25, 2011
You are the one living in denial believing what some man in a robe tells you rather than reading the good book for yourself. Men in biblical time had biatches & hoes and it was perfectly fine in the eyes of god (so long as these women were not married to other men)
Educate yourself!
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by Pweety4me(f): 4:55am On Feb 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

You are the one living in denial believing what some man in a robe tells you rather than reading the good book for yourself. Men in biblical time had biatches & hoes and it was perfectly fine in the eyes of god (so long as these women were not married to other men)
Educate yourself!

Sorry, just because i choose not to believe in what u do, doesn't mean i am in-denial neither does it mean i am not informed, i know the bible don't know what one u read but yea goodluck with that!
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by foreveryou(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2011
MRbrownJay and Pweety4me, make una no drag this issue too long now? Or should we recommend both of you as the latest couple on Nairaland? All we wanted was for you to share your experiences not fight. Abeg, biko, ejoor.

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by snthesis(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2011
neva had sex without a condom.
my 1st test ws done for a job interview, full medical exam required, as a sharp guy, i did a pretest in a private hospital jst to ensure say evrything dey kampe. where to do d test bcame a challenge contemplated going out of town sef, finally settled for one far far far away from my hood, friends etc. surprisingly as soon as i got to d clinic and registered with a fake name , i saw my paddy from Uni grin grin grin, and had to wait for 4hrs pretending to gist whilst waiting for the results, d longest four hours eva.

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by SNAMI: 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
People that keep saying wear condom and you will be protected should think twice, condom leak and breakage is not the only scare. what kind of romance process do you go through before the final act of penetration? you finger to get your girl wet, but what if you have a cut you don't know of can a condom protect that? some guys suck the hell out of their girls, how clean is she not to drop some liquid in your mouth? some suck the breast and sometime after a girls period she has flows from the breast, how safe is that flow when you are sucking? even during sucking of breast, some breast are tender and you may suck so hard that blood may flow, how can a condom protect you there? the edge of your fingers are tender and the finger growth leaves slit opening in the finger and some guys do deep fingering, you can either infect your girl or you get infected so think about it. there is noting like safe sex and condom is not the best advice but abs tenace is the best way or faithfulness to a partner that has been tested. best of luck guys.

1 Like

Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by kemisuga(f): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
ABSTINENCE is he solution. But if u cannot use Condom
Re: Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience by lekyar(m): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2011
Recently carried out HIV test and we were about 40 guys. Wasn't nervous until the result were been called out , was the 4th person tested and I was called out first, this got everyone staring at me but it turns out the 3 guy up front got positives. Can you imagine my relief. I'm much more circumspect in my sexual relationships now and its approached the infinite point of one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative / CiSHAN Reacts As Rivers Nurse Talks About HIV Patients At Her Hospital / Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.