Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. (505 Views)

Solskjaer Warns Liverpool It Will Be Difficult To Dominate Like Ferguson's Utd / Liverpool Begin Champions League Defence With Napoli Defeat / Man United At Liverpool: How Mourinho Lines Up Without Pogba, Fellaini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by vanida6: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2020
Kevin De Bruyne has warned Liverpool how difficult it is to win back-to-back Premier League titles.

Manchester City successfully defended their crown in the 2018/19 season but were pushed all the way by Liverpool.
Pep Guardiola's men finished on 98 points, just one ahead of Liverpool, who responded by finishing 18 points ahead of City last season to end their 30-year wait for a league title,
"It was harder than we expected and we needed a very big fight with them to get it done," De Bruyne told theDaily Mail. "Mentally, sometimes it's tougher. Some teams are a little more focused on beating you.
"Sometimes, some people find it more difficult after winning to get that same feeling again. It is very difficult to recreate the same feeling even with the same team,
"There is so much in life that goes on personally. Every little thing can change you. Injury can change you. Football is all about circumstances and it's already difficult enough to try and win one, never mind twice.
"I think they [Liverpool] can reach the levels again. I don't think you need to change the team to have the same feeling or ambition. But I don't know how they feel. I don't know their desire. For everyone, it is personal."
Manchester City were heavily linked with Lionel Messi during the close season, only for the Argentine star to reluctantly stay at Barcelonaafter he was denied a free transfer.
But even when a switch to City looked on the cards, De Bruyne never even considered the possibility of playing alongside Messi.
"I really don't care. I really don't," he said. "If he would have come, it would have helped us because, for me, he has been the best player of all time. But I am never looking at what players may come and what may happen",
"You play with the players you have and I think we have a pretty good team in that respect. It would be stupid of me to assume what would happen if a certain player came. It happens in football all the time. People are supposed to come and eventually they don't."
Manchester City are not in action on the opening weekend of the Premier League season. They open their campaign away to Wolves on September 21.

Souce: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12069665/kevin-de-bruyne-manchester-city-star-warns-liverpool-how-tough-premier-leaugue-defence-will-be?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5677388949

Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by iamyemiakins(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2020
Vanida, arrange the post properly jare, so as to make it suitable to read
Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:35am On Sep 13, 2020
vanida6:
Kevin De Bruyne has warned Liverpool how difficult it is to win back-to-back Premier League titles.

Manchester City successfully defended their crown in the 2018/19 season but were pushed all the way by Liverpool.
Pep Guardiola's men finished on 98 points, just one ahead of Liverpool, who responded by finishing 18 points ahead of City last season to end their 30-year wait for a league title,
"It was harder than we expected and we needed a very big fight with them to get it done," De Bruyne told theDaily Mail. "Mentally, sometimes it's tougher. Some teams are a little more focused on beating you.
"Sometimes, some people find it more difficult after winning to get that same feeling again. It is very difficult to recreate the same feeling even with the same team,
"There is so much in life that goes on personally. Every little thing can change you. Injury can change you. Football is all about circumstances and it's already difficult enough to try and win one, never mind twice.
"I think they [Liverpool] can reach the levels again. I don't think you need to change the team to have the same feeling or ambition. But I don't know how they feel. I don't know their desire. For everyone, it is personal."
Manchester City were heavily linked with Lionel Messi during the close season, only for the Argentine star to reluctantly stay at Barcelonaafter he was denied a free transfer.
But even when a switch to City looked on the cards, De Bruyne never even considered the possibility of playing alongside Messi.
"I really don't care. I really don't," he said. "If he would have come, it would have helped us because, for me, he has been the best player of all time. But I am never looking at what players may come and what may happen",
"You play with the players you have and I think we have a pretty good team in that respect. It would be stupid of me to assume what would happen if a certain player came. It happens in football all the time. People are supposed to come and eventually they don't."
Manchester City are not in action on the opening weekend of the Premier League season. They open their campaign away to Wolves on September 21.

Souce: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12069665/kevin-de-bruyne-manchester-city-star-warns-liverpool-how-tough-premier-leaugue-defence-will-be?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5677388949
Copy and paste them
Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by thesicilian: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2020
It's going to be tough for everyone, not just Liverpool. See what Leeds did to them yesterday. Arsenal, Chelsea, even Tottenham may end up being title contenders this season. But the major fight will still be between Man City and Liverpool most likely.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by reccy(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
My love for this guy eh make me hate mourinho......such a beast in my team now, nah epl back to back with ucl.. .

This season epl is open for anybody.

You might be surprise that tottenham has chances.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by paulolee(m): 1:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
after seeing that Liverpool defense against leeds, i jus pity them if dey dnt improve...
Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by Godmademan(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2020
The recent results and performances will ironically do them some good later on. It is easier to beat a team coming all out to attack than one parking the bus. Many teams will be all out to attack when they play against LFC but end up opening huge gaps in their defence. Once firmino gets back to top form it is finished
Re: Kevin De Bruyne: Warns Liverpool How Tough Premier League Defence Will Be. by SirMichael1: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Godmademan:
The recent results and performances will ironically do them some good later on. It is easier to beat a team coming all out to attack than one parking the bus. Many teams will be all out to attack when they play against LFC but end up opening huge gaps in their defence. Once firmino gets back to top form it is finished
True bro. Firmino had a bad game yesterday but next time will be different.

(1) (Reply)

Three Yahoo Boys Run Mad In Abuja Nigeria See Why / 'covid Had The Courage To Challenge Me' - Ibrahimovic Confirms Positive. / LIONEL Messi Dribbles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.