Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,652 members, 7,823,846 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister (2331 Views)

2016 Budget Will Diversify Economy From Oil Says Buhari / Aregbe Admitted That He Can't Manage Osun Without Niger Delta Oil / Injustice: 20 Owners Of Richest Oil Blocks In Nigeria Without Niger Delta People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 2:09am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

Hahaha,

Then the North and the South are married forever. For good, bad and ugly times till Jesus comes.
Did I hear someone say amen?

Seriously, I don't care about oil. We are only limited by our imagination, hard work ethic and willingness to generate wealth, produce a surplus.

Nevertheless: South Sudan rules out sharing oil revenue with North

http://www.sudantribune.com/South-Sudan-rules-out-sharing-oil,38009

The talks are inconclusive atm
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Becomrichn: 2:19am On Feb 25, 2011
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 2:21am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

My point is that I believe it is wrong to place ones allegiance to foreign religions before the allegiance to Africa, Black Africa, and the Welfare of Black Africans. This is part of the reason why Black Africans remain crawling and will never be seen as equal partners by other races.
In the thread below, I asked you the same question:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=610234.msg7783055#msg7783055

and this was your reply:

guy i am african does not mean i will put africa first before my religion

i have never and will never deny my africaness but i will put my religion before any africa crap

do you understand smiley

moreover why do you think i am arab or out arab first because of my religion,.,.,.,., should i call you a jew grin wink because of yor christain faith
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 2:25am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

Seriously, I don't care about oil. We are only limited by our imagination, hard work ethic and willingness to generate wealth, produce a surplus.

Exactly! And I'll keep on hammering it, the way we share money instead of producing it is the reason Nigeria is backward.
If we all states had to make money none would allow 10 million members of their workforce to mentally vegetate and roam the land as almajiri's crazed on gutter water, killing, looting and ra'ping the members of society that actually contribute to the economy with their jobs or market trade.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 2:30am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

It's good you said the talk is still inconclusive but you have to note that it was in the 2005 deal that paved the way for the referendum.
Can the South renege on that deal? I don't know if they could unilaterally without triggering a war.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 2:33am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's good you said the talk is still inconclusive but you have to note that it was in the 2005 deal that paved the way for the referendum.
Can the South renege on that deal? I don't they could unilaterally without triggering war.

Oh yes, they can and will. In life and death situations, you do what is necessary to free yourself, then once free, you rise like a lion. . . lol
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 2:34am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Exactly! And I'll keep on hammering it, the way we share money instead of producing it is the reason Nigeria is backward.
If we all states had to make money none would allow 10 million members of their workforce to mentally vegetate and roam the land as almajiri's crazed on gutter water, killing, looting and ra'ping the members of society that actually contribute to the economy with their jobs or market trade.

This does not solve the problem. You guys only complain about the North everytime but keep hold of the oil the North wants. If there won't be any compromise, then stop bothering yourself about the North. If they turn your land to an uninhabitable territory, you only have to move on.

If you want them to just go away, make a deal and have your freedom. This is the way I see it.

Else, go to war!
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 2:37am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Oh yes, they can and will. In life and death situations, you do what is necessary to free yourself, then once free, you rise like a lion. . . lol

I don't know the terms of that deal but if it states that the deal must continue after Southern independence, then if the South reneges on the deal and the North goes to war, the world will not view the North as belligerent and will get total support of the world.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 2:39am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

This does not solve the problem. You guys only complain about the North everytime but keep hold of the oil the North wants. If there won't be any compromise, then stop bothering yourself about the North. If they turn your land to uninhabitable territory, you only have to move on,
If you want them to just go away, make a deal and have your freedom. This is the way I see it.

Else, go to war!

I haven't said they should go away, but if it ever comes to that, we will raise the sort of army West Africa has never seen in a few short days. It will be like judgement day! lol
At least for that, oil is gud! grin
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 2:41am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

I haven't said they should go away, but if it ever comes to that, we will raise the sort of army West Africa has never seen in a few short days. It will be like judgement day! lol
At least for that, oil is gud! grin

Goodluck with that. What if your were defeated and turned to slaves?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 2:44am On Feb 25, 2011
alj harem:

guy i am african does not mean i will put africa first before my religion

i have never and will never deny my africaness but i will put my religion before any africa crap

do you understand smiley

moreover why do you think i am arab or out arab first because of my religion,.,.,.,., should i call you a jew grin  wink because of yor christain faith

Read what I wrote: 'Foreign Religions', all monotheistic religions derive from Africa, where it was first practiced, Egypt to be precise, prior to the Arabian conquest.

As I said before,  Black Africa, and the Welfare of Black Africans should always be put first and this will be the last revolution in Africa, where Africans will take a stand. They will awaken eventually.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 2:48am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

Goodluck with that. What if your were defeated and turned to slaves?

Thats some funny shyte! No oil country can lose a war against a fellow under developed country. Not possible, instead we will draw our borders where we like.
Two weeks should do the job. cool
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 2:51am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

I don't know the terms of that deal but if it states that the deal must continue after Southern independence, then if the South reneges on the deal and the North goes to war, the world will not view the North as belligerent and will get total support of the world.

@ Obagui, there is no point in preempting the outcome of the talks, and I don't believe the West would watch idly while the Southerners are being slaughtered. Well, just let's wait and see what the agreement will be. Either way, I know it sets a blueprint for a recurrence.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 2:54am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

@ Obagui, there is no point in preempting the outcome of the talks, and I don't believe the West would watch idly while the Southerners are being slaughtered. Well, just let's wait and see what the agreement will be. Either way, I know it sets a blueprint for a recurrence.

Exactly, it sets a blueprint for a recurrence most probably in Nigeria.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by odumchi: 3:02am On Feb 25, 2011
It is true, the East powers Nigeria. Only a fool will disagree. Other than our oil, what else is funding Nigeria? Do you think that Hausa nnama and granut can sustain them?
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 3:04am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Thats some funny shyte! No oil country can lose a war against a fellow under developed country. Not possible, instead we will draw our borders where we like.
Two weeks should do the job. cool

This is how I analyze situations.

1st scenario: Currently, oil is shared in Nigeria right? The North gets more according to their inflated population right? This is the point; oil revenue is being shared right now.
You said you did not want them to go away. Good, but you don't have the liberty you'll wish for, the liberty to manage ecological damage you witness in your towns and cities. If you continue with them, there is every possibility the situation will remain the same or slightly improved.

2nd scenario: If you let them secede with oil revenue still being shared, but you'll have your freedom. Away from all the grudges and murder that go on in the North, away from the threat to turn your territory to a sharia state.

Of the 2 scenarios, which one do you prefer? Remember, oil revenue is shared in both!
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by ShangoThor(m): 3:10am On Feb 25, 2011
^^^^^^^^

Read my lips ~ We don't negotiate with terrorists! Oooops, did I say that out aloud? It must have been a Freudian Slip or something. LOL  grin
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 3:14am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

This is how I analyze situations.

1st scenario: Currently, oil is shared in Nigeria right? The North gets more according to their inflated population right? This is the point; oil revenue is being shared right now.
You said you did not want them to go away. Good, but you don't have the liberty you'll wish for, the liberty to manage ecological damage you witness in your towns and cities. If you continue with them, there is every possibility the situation will remain the same or slightly improved.

2nd scenario: If you let them secede with oil revenue still being shared, but you'll have your freedom. Away from all the grudges and murder that go on in the North, away from the threat to turn your territory to a sharia state.

Of the scenarios, which one do you prefer? Remember, oil revenue is shared in both!

Your analysis is flawed. It is obvious to everyone that exploitation by the North is on its last legs; in my opinion, we should be thankful to God that GEJ is President today, because Yar Adua was driving the country toward war they would have bitterly regretted. If the exploitation didn't stop in the soft way its ending under GEJ, it would have ended in a very violent way. Since Yar Adua's time, I've been preaching that sophisticated armies can be raised in days, events in Libya show that analysis to be correct. Oil can do wonders.

If we go, we will not share a drop of oil with vulture or parasite that can't save themselves by doing an honest days job.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 3:18am On Feb 25, 2011
ShangoThor:

^^^^^^^^

Read my lips ~ We don't negotiate with terrorists! Oooops, did I say that out aloud? It must have been a Freudian Slip or something. LOL  grin

Hahaha, I know some will say we won't share but the truth is that we are already sharing..
It's a fact we don't know what we want.

I can only say no if I could just break away and they wouldn't do a damn thing because I am stronger than them but we are not.

The problem is that we don't look at the big picture and weigh options because if we do, then you'll know we have a way out.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Obiagu1(m): 3:19am On Feb 25, 2011
Beaf:

Your analysis is flawed. It is obvious to everyone that exploitation by the North is on its last legs; in my opinion, we should be thankful to God that GEJ is President today, because Yar Adua was driving the country toward war they would have bitterly regretted. If the exploitation didn't stop in the soft way its ending under GEJ, it would have ended in a very violent way. Since Yar Adua's time, I've been preaching that sophisticated armies can be raised in days, events in Libya show that analysis to be correct. Oil can do wonders.

If we go, we will not share a drop of oil with vulture or parasite that can't save themselves by doing an honest days job.

That means you're ready to go to war. It's interesting to hear.  I'll wait for you to start the war and can wait patiently while enjoying "Nigeria" as it pushes us in different directions.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Beaf: 3:27am On Feb 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

That means you're ready to go to war. It's interesting to hear. I'll wait for you to start the war and can wait patiently while enjoying "Nigeria" as it pushes us in different directions.

Nobody is going to be pushed forever. We aren't anybodies slaves.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by Mobinga: 4:19am On Feb 25, 2011
Are we still on that? Muh'fucka we off that.
Re: North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister by aljharem(m): 4:43am On Feb 25, 2011
i can see that there is no point reasoning with all of you here

some are even talking about terrorist while other and saying the east drive the economy

songothor

i will not put africa above my religion either do i expect you as a christian to put africa first before Jesus but at the end of the day it is you decision cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Government Bad O, Post Your "Frustration" and "Revolution" Songs Here / Question To Ma Apc Fans Shouting Change! / Behold The Change APC Is Offering You And I (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.