Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee (1795 Views)

ASUU Strike: Kaduna State University Asks Students, Lecturers To Resume May 9 / Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees / Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by campuscatch: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2020
Babcock University Asks Final Year students of the institution to resume from September 21 with N25,000 for COVID-19 screening Fee at the Entrance of the University Campus.
Source:
https://www.facebook.com/1447996982173935/posts/1972678626372432/?app=fbl

#schoolsreopening
#campuscatchng

1 Share

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by edoairways: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
So you expect the school to absorb such cost?
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by ggirl4real: 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Na so

The school cannot afford to pay for the costs of the tests.

I wish the government can step in to, at least, subsidize the cost
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by donbachi(m): 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Gross extortion...dis country don finish.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by EmzyT: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
Everybody wan cashout by all means grin See ehn, if you just get enough money ba, carry your family leave this useless country.. Nothing good will come out of it even in the next 50 years to come

10 Likes

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Vyzz: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
grin
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Oga VC, Corona Virus has been technically defeated.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by paulolee(m): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
dts expected and part of the reasons why F.G dont want to reopen skuls..
some skuls would ask for covid test and would use it to extort the rich and the poor..
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by ojun50(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Evey body won sha cash out
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Openbusiness: 12:53am On Sep 14, 2020
Buy intelligent dispenser for soap and sanitizer
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Freestainworld(m): 5:04am On Sep 14, 2020
donbachi:
Gross extortion...dis country don finish.
which one is Gross extortion? you know how much covid-19 cost? ask those returning to Nigeria since the resumption of international flight, you will understand, the school only wants to play safe with their students, the only solution if the government to intervene by conducting free test for all students which I doubt they will do.
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
which one is Gross extortion? you know how much covid-19 cost? ask those returning to Nigeria since the resumption of international flight, you will understand, the school only wants to play safe with their students, the only solution if the government to intervene by conducting free test for all students which I doubt they will do.
Stop defending extortion in any guise, it will reach you one day.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by sinkhole: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2020
DamZik:
Stop defending extortion in any guise, it will reach you one day.
I can't even understands what you're arguing self!
We want schools to reopen, stakeholders said government should provide some things to prevent corona from spreading.
FG does not want to provide such things, perhaps because of the cost.
Everybody went up in arms, raining abuses on ASUU, as if ASUU closed down schools cheesy
Now, private Unis want to reopen and are asking you to provide what others asked the FG to provide and you're still complaining
I am, seriously not understanding you embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by heykims(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2020
They know 25k is a chicken change for students paying annual fee of almost a million naira.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by lilkech(m): 8:13am On Sep 14, 2020
sinkhole:
I can't even understands what you're arguing self!
We want schools to reopen, stakeholders said government should provide some things to prevent corona from spreading.
FG does not want to provide such things, perhaps because of the cost.
Everybody went up in arms, raining abuses on ASUU, as if ASUU closed down schools cheesy
Now, private Unis want to reopen and are asking you to provide what others asked the FG to provide and you're still complaining
I am, seriously not understanding you embarassed

Hmm, but scrutinizing this fee properly you’d find out it costs more if you choose to buy a personal test kit by yourself either locally or online. It even costs far more going to get a lab certified test result by yourself elsewhere.

The students should endeavor to see this as a way to get a verified documentation of being virus free for cheap (especially when you compare it to their school fee prices)

1 Like

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by sinkhole: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2020
lilkech:

Hmm, but scrutinizing this fee properly you’d find out it costs more if you choose to buy a personal test kit by yourself either locally or online. It even costs far more going to get a lab certified test result by yourself elsewhere.

The students should endeavor to see this as a way to get a verified documentation of being virus free for cheap (especially when you compare it to their school fee prices)
This the only way to go, government can not be subsidising everything for everybody!

1 Like

Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Temitopemo6e6(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2020
heykims:
They know 25k is a chicken change for students paying annual fee of almost a million naira.
dont kill me here
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by clockwisereport: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2020
na for this kind rubbish u go dey see naija universities. No be their mates dey carryout research for covid-19 vaccine?

ndi uchu
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by DaInferno(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
be like this one na the school staff; apparently, it doesn't occur to you that these school is using flimsy excuses to extort students. check if China charged there students for these insensitivity. lockdown, no money, where do u want them to cough out this sum! adherence to the social distance rules is enough for anywhere in Nigeria

no be only test!
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by DaInferno(m): 9:39am On Sep 14, 2020
heykims:
25k x200 students, okay lemme stop being modest, 25k x a thousand students! what do they want to really buy, them no even put am at 5k

face mask + sanitizer= 2k kpatakpata,
they want conduct test?, person wey get covid no suppose the think of to resume school, the person suppose dey bed the struggle with life
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by CodeTemplar: 10:19am On Sep 14, 2020
In private set up like this, cost is wholly shifted to beneficiaries.
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Adedotguy: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2020
shocked
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by jericco1(m): 11:06am On Sep 14, 2020
It is nothing, school that fees go into millions. undecided
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by hunterezi(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Freestainworld:

How will I pay 25k for a sickness I'm so convinced I don't have? Its gross extortion.
Re: Photo: Babcock University Asks For N25k Covid19 Fee by Judybash93(m): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
EmzyT:
Everybody wan cashout by all means grin See ehn, if you just get enough money ba, carry your family leave this useless country.. Nothing good will come out of it even in the next 50 years to come
cry cry cry regardless of how much i try to counter this, I've also just realized that Nigeria ain't just it men.. we're in an hopeless country to say that least

(1) (Reply)

Top 7 Industries Most Likely To Make You A Millionaire Today / Graduate Applications In The USA: A Comprehensive Roadmap For Scholarship / What Does A Univerity Diploma From Nigeria Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.