Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling (176 Views)

Man Who Just Returned From Europe After 15 Years Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) / Photos Of Corpers Involved In A Motor Accident / FRSC To Start, Operation Speak-out At Motor Parks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling by Alexgman1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
As a constant traveller who patronize public transport system, i have come to realise that just before vehicles takes-off for a journey a certain individual always come to preach & mostly pray for the journey ahead. And there after they ask for money for the growth of the ministry. This happen at various motor parks in colaboration with the driver of the vehicle. At first i do give whatever i have but since last year i stopped and i get angry at the sight of them. I dont know why i feel dat way but i have a strange feeling these men are hungry hustlers in disguise of preachers. I dont know if am wrong. Let me know what you guys think about these motor parks pastors.

1 Like

Re: Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
99% hustling.

1 Like

Re: Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling by donbachi(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Whatever...the gospel must spread.
Re: Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling by haiti007(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
That's their calling. Motor evangelism and intercessor for journey mercies.

It's not hustling as you're not forced to give, if you no wan give, the pastor will gladly walk away.
Re: Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling by pafra(m): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2020
It's annoying. They give people the wrong impression. that is not what true evangelism is all about.

Is their kind that most people will want to equate with great servants of God who are sincere and are genuinely into ministry.

Their God is their belly.

1 Like

Re: Preaching & Praying To Collect Money At Motor Packs: Evangelism Or Hustling by Emmanuelcann: 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about the salvation of mankind from the death that is the consequence of sin. Those hustlers don't preach the Gospel. They take advantage of the fears of gullible travellers to obtain money from them. Imagine some of them going as far as to ask for tithes as if they were in church! The Gospel is free!
"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."
Matthew 10:8

(1) (Reply)

Ajonymelo Beauty Products / See What I Did That Got People Talking / Ondo Amotekun Arrests Herdsman, 65 Cows For Destroying Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.