Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Land Ownership Verification Issues In Lagos State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Ownership Verification Issues In Lagos State (175 Views)

Please Help! I Need A Sample Of Deed Of Agreement Of Transfer Of Land Ownership / How To Transfer Land Ownership In Nigeria / Four Vital Documents To Prove Land Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Land Ownership Verification Issues In Lagos State by drewe20(m): 7:39am On Sep 14, 2020
People often ask me to use the coordinates picked on a property they are interested in to verify the true owner at Alausa. They are always surprised and disappointed when I say I can’t verify the ownership of a property at Alausa except the property has a registered deed/existing title. The truth is, in most cases, if you take the coordinates of a land to Alausa for verification, nobody will be able to tell you who owns the land. You have to find out the owner yourself through whatever documents the seller presents, asking questions in the neighbourhood and any other means you can employ. It is quite unfortunate that Lagos state does not have the technology to do this and that’s why people get scammed too often.

I believe there has to be a way to keep track of the ownership history of every property and to monitor all property transactions in a state –especially Lagos state. There ought to be one geospatial database where every single real estate transaction is recorded in a way that makes it extremely difficult to purchase a property from the wrong person or buy a government committed land or pay for a property that has already been sold to someone else. The location, ownership details, history and boundary coordinates of every property should be stored in a geospatial database. Any real estate transaction consummated and not recorded in this database will be considered null and void.

https://oticsurveys.com/property-ownership-verification-issues-in-lagos-state/

Follow us now
Twitter @oticsurveys
Instagram @oticsurveys
Once this is in place, whenever anyone needs to confirm the owner and history of a property, the boundary coordinates of the property will suffice. Lagos state government will charge a fee for this service and I believe that most people will be willing to pay to get the facts of a property before making any commitments.

It is not rocket science. Lagos state government really needs to work on this.
Re: Land Ownership Verification Issues In Lagos State by ikoroduarea: 10:08pm On Feb 06, 2021
drewe20:
People often ask me to use the coordinates picked on a property they are interested in to verify the true owner at Alausa. They are always surprised and disappointed when I say I can’t verify the ownership of a property at Alausa except the property has a registered deed/existing title. The truth is, in most cases, if you take the coordinates of a land to Alausa for verification, nobody will be able to tell you who owns the land. You have to find out the owner yourself through whatever documents the seller presents, asking questions in the neighbourhood and any other means you can employ. It is quite unfortunate that Lagos state does not have the technology to do this and that’s why people get scammed too often.

I believe there has to be a way to keep track of the ownership history of every property and to monitor all property transactions in a state –especially Lagos state. There ought to be one geospatial database where every single real estate transaction is recorded in a way that makes it extremely difficult to purchase a property from the wrong person or buy a government committed land or pay for a property that has already been sold to someone else. The location, ownership details, history and boundary coordinates of every property should be stored in a geospatial database. Any real estate transaction consummated and not recorded in this database will be considered null and void.

https://oticsurveys.com/property-ownership-verification-issues-in-lagos-state/

Follow us now
Twitter @oticsurveys
Instagram @oticsurveys
Once this is in place, whenever anyone needs to confirm the owner and history of a property, the boundary coordinates of the property will suffice. Lagos state government will charge a fee for this service and I believe that most people will be willing to pay to get the facts of a property before making any commitments.

It is not rocket science. Lagos state government really needs to work on this.

Do you help people to investigate confirm the owner of land and the history of the land?

(1) (Reply)

AC, Marble Finishing Of Mausoleum (ex-governor, Abiola Ajimobi ) / What's The Light Situation In Abraham Adesanya Estate / How Do I Redeem My Fence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.