Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Is Education The Problem Here??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Education The Problem Here??? (243 Views)

Is Education And Integrated Science A Good Course? / Entrepreneurship Education: The Covenant University Way - Businessday / Covenant, UNN Break Into Times Higher Education (THE) Top 1000 World Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Education The Problem Here??? by jaszplus12(m): 8:18am On Sep 14, 2020
JUST ANOTHER COMMON SENSE LECTURE

Give N50,000 only to a secondary school dropout and watch him buy stove, a frying pan, cooking oil and other things to start indomie joint business. In just three years, the young man will have a wife and a plot of land worth N1million, a tokunbo car, a TV, sofa, bed etc in
his one bedroom house.

Give one million to most university graduates and watch them buy Samsung Galaxy phones, several pairs of skinny jeans, take their numerous girlfriends out, take selfies and post
them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In less than two years, they will still be buying indomie on debt from the secondary dropout guy and paying rent or staying in their parent's house.

The question is: DOES EDUCATION BREEDS WASTE, ARROGANCE, GUILIBILITY AND STUPIDITY?

Education does not mean gullibility but it makes you look down on possibilities as low status. Unemployment is actually higher amongst the educated not within the uneducated. The uneducated are more innovative and ready to do what the educated will refer to as "dirty menial jobs" and before you know, that uneducated guy will be needing an accountant to look into his books and will now employ the educated guy.

REALITY OF OUR ENVIRONMENT
#copied from a friend.
Re: Is Education The Problem Here??? by ggirl4real: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2020
OP, I think you're generalizing with your analogy of the secondary school leaver and a graduate.

There are secondary school levers you'll give #50,000 to and they'll spend it carelessly

Also, there are graduates you'll give #50,000 to and they'll utilize it properly.

I think it's about the individual involved

1 Like

Re: Is Education The Problem Here??? by jaszplus12(m): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
ggirl4real:
OP, I think you're generalizing with your analogy of the secondary school leaver and a graduate.

There are secondary school levers you'll give #50,000 to and they'll spend it carelessly

Also, there are graduates you'll give #50,000 to and they'll utilize it properly.

I think it's about the individual involved
Thanks for the observation ...
Why I posted it was to see how much we can do to help anyone who's depressed over conditions like this to wake up and live!
Re: Is Education The Problem Here??? by iTroll: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
What a sick and poorly thought out generalization on the great folks known as Nigerian Graduates.
Have you seen what an average Nigeria is capable of in the right environment, regardless of educational levels?
Other nationalists hate it when Nigerian immigrants gain access to their country. You know why?
We are better hustlers regardless of educational level.

How you took the crooked pan of generalization and slammed it on the education populace of Nigeria with its layers all together befuddles me.

Your post carries zero weight and is not fit for discussion. Clown world indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Private Teacher / Online Learning - What Is It, And How Does It Work? / ABSU: Instead Of Giving Students 30k Reduce Their Fees, Lawmaker Tells Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.