Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How To Reaffirm God’s Love For You In Your Down Moments? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Reaffirm God’s Love For You In Your Down Moments? (179 Views)

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reaffirm God’s Love For You In Your Down Moments? by Anelkanu2: 8:39am On Sep 14, 2020
“You don’t know my love language, Chris.” Anita said right before asking for a break from their 3-month relationship. Knowing your love language is one of the most important things in a relationship and most experts agree with this. Unlike Anita, God won’t break up with you, but for the sake of our growth in the faith, it is important to learn about love languages.

To answer your question on how you can reaffirm God's love for you, we will have to talk about two out of the five love languages. The love languages in focus are: quality time and words of affirmation.

Every relationship requires reciprocity and the one we have with God isn’t an exception. First, I’ll start by saying that it is okay to need reaffirmation. More often than not, we go through faith threatening situations. You know; situations where you wonder if God really loves you, situations that make you ask if there is a God ,or if you did something to wrong Him (You did, but he doesn’t hold it against you). I’ve been there a lot of times and I know first-hand the effects of fear on our faith in God.

In one of his sermons, Fada Oluoma said fear and faith have an inverse relationship and I wholehearted agree. The more faith you have, the less fear the enemy can plant in your heart. To reaffirm God’s love for you, three things have to be put in place.

The first is that you need to accept that you have survived all your down moments and you will survive this one because God is with you.

The next step is to decide that you can’t keep being on the defensive. What I mean here is that you can’t let the enemy always have his way in your heart. You have to make the conscious decision to fight back. And you can do this by building your faith. I’ll buttress my point with references to a passage from the Bible. Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

The first statement says that faith comes from what is heard. What Anita needed from Chris was a consistent reminder that he still loved and adored her. Her love language is words of affirmation because her confidence comes from hearing. The same applies to us as Christians; God’s word is and should remain the source of our faith.

It gives me confidence to know that God is thinking about me. It gives me confidence that He loves me and has plans for me.

And the realization of this strengthens my faith. No matter what I go through, I know as long as my Father is thinking about me, I will be fine. But it does not stop with reading one or two passages. This is where we have to commit to God, not because he needs our commitment to bless us. But commitment to Him is for our benefit. The more time spent reading his Word, the greater our faith and eventually, the word will live in you. That is where quality time comes in.

I can testify to this. There are times when I got in trouble and the first thing that came to my mind was “it’s over”. But then, because I have read and reread God’s word to the extent that it lives and grows in me, I can recite any one that fits my situation and instantly, my faith conquers my fear.

The last step is to pray about your situation. Sometimes, the best way to tackle fear is by going to God in prayer. It works for me and it will work for you.

One other thing that has worked for me is joining WOWCatholic. WOWCatholic is a social media community for Christians and with over 30,000 registered users, the love has been overwhelming. There I have been encouraged, helped and cared for.

If you are not signed up on WOWCatholic.com, do so using this link https://www.wowcatholic.com/register and connect with other faithful around the world. The best part is that it’s free and you can earn when you refer your friends. Sign up and explore the many benefits of WOWCatholic.com

(1) (Reply)

Download Marriage Seminar By Pastor Paul Enenche / Bishop Dale C. Bronner / NIMC Registration Ogun State Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.