Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

A Typical Nigerian - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Typical Nigerian (1363 Views)

Some Superstitious Beliefs In A Typical Nigerian Traditional Society / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / Typical Nigerian Behavior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Typical Nigerian by ToToChoper: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2007
With conviction in my heart and as well as most of us here, it is a settled matter that we are Nigerians.
However the question is, what determines this distinctiveness - what makes you a typical Nigerian?

I have found myself musing on the ideal meaning of this.

Is it simply the identity by birth, the reasoning, the language, the political ideology, the culture –tribal marks, food, etc?

Quite certainly, there is one common denominator that distinguishes us from other people.

Enlighten us with your views,
Re: A Typical Nigerian by redsun(m): 10:21am On Jul 08, 2007
It is false assumption.
Re: A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2007
Re: A Typical Nigerian by MP007(m): 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
lateness
african time
nappy hair, guys plzzzzzz
dress like sh%t
Re: A Typical Nigerian by naijadiva2(f): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2007
knows how to switch accents. lol
Re: A Typical Nigerian by Mandora(f): 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2007
I quite agree wit u but I cant say its dis or dat. I just knw dat Nigerians can "show theirselves" which just shows how unique dey r
Re: A Typical Nigerian by k0be: 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2007
yahoo-yahoo and 419.
Re: A Typical Nigerian by KnowAll(m): 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2007
Nigerians are showy people, might be remnants of the Udoji days when the goverment of the day doubled all workers salary in 1974 (The goverment never knew any better then[b][/b]). No where in this world has such a thing been done b4. As a result there was massive consumerism, from buying new cars , houses, to the importing everything from a match box to a needle even toilet rolls where imported. Obviously when the economy collasped in the late 80's and early 90's there was mass migration, Nigerians cannot imagine themselves surving without all those goodies they have been used to.
Re: A Typical Nigerian by ssRhino: 12:05am On Sep 05, 2007
You know you are a nigerian:
1. When you can survive in any situation
2. You are the presido, the VP, the senator and almighty God of your own house and no one can boss u around
3. When you wanna beat the system in all situations
4. When you use all your money to buy a nice SUV ( Jeep) even though you cant afford the money to buy gas and you taking money off your boyz to gas up
I will think of more and be back some other days.

However, i raise the roof for all nigerians, we too dey represent
Re: A Typical Nigerian by davidif: 9:11pm On Jan 01, 2008
Nigeria is a state of mind.
Re: A Typical Nigerian by topkin(m): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2008
I think it's:
1. The Doggedness
2. The Resileience
3. The Bullish attitude
4. The Ruggedness and
5. The "Suffering and Smiling attitude"

That's why, i think, I call myself a Nigeian!!! smiley cheesy grin
Re: A Typical Nigerian by davidif: 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2008
Nigeria is not just a country but a state of mind an evil one at that.
Re: A Typical Nigerian by Ajebota(f): 12:59pm On May 11, 2008
davidif:

Nigeria is a state of mind.

hahaha nice 1. You could be right.

(1) (Reply)

Arε There Any KEGITES On Nairaland,if There Arε Let Us Vibrate Here. / Some Of Ethiopia Aristocracies from Shewa Province / Fact About Ijebu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.