Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Retracing The Lost Glory Of Education Sector In The Country - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Retracing The Lost Glory Of Education Sector In The Country (172 Views)

Lagos Launches ₦5 Billion Recovery Support For Stakeholders In Education Sector / ASUU Decries Fg’s Indifference To Education Sector / FG To Declare State Of Emergency In Education Sector In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Retracing The Lost Glory Of Education Sector In The Country by Settright(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
RETRACING THE LOST GLORY OF EDUCATION SECTOR IN THE COUNTRY
Overtime one will begin to wonder if actually what was sang into our ears when we were young, which seems to be national anthem is actually true, that education is the best legacy parents can give to their children. If one will compare the current happenings in our society and what was obtained in the past, one will be filled with doubt. Our society has grown up to be a place where merit is no longer consider in selection anymore. I'm very sure the octogenarians and above amidst us will actually be able to testify to this that this is never the country they grew up with but overtime things have fallen apart, we no longer appreciate brain work. The country has turned out to be a place whereby before you get to any position or get admitted into schools of higher learning it is on the basis of who you know.
When impunity becomes order of the day things will actually fall apart. Education is really the best legacy a citizen could have from both parents and government at his or her tender age, education is the root of any development. People in my category were not born during the era of Chief Obafemi Awolowo but many of us have his story on our lips, up till date after so many years of his demise, many generations after him still benefits from his selfless contribution in the education sector and till date the western region of the country is more developed because many of them were privileged to know the value of education, courtesy of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. What will the elders of this generation use to convince the youth of this generation that education is the best? When they could see people without education making it in a big way compared to their counterparts struggling to make it through education.
No doubt about it with the way we are handling education in this country we are sitting on a gun powder which will soon explode if care is not taken. Majority of our leaders and those that matters in the society who can question those in elective position are selfish because they can afford their children schooling abroad not knowing, this has its way of causing havoc on the economy of the country. The little foreign exchange which would have been useful for other things are spent on education which wouldn’t have been necessary if our education sector is in good position in the first place. How will our economy thrive when we spend on things we can actually achieve here in our country? The greatest disservice any leader could do to his people is to pay leap service to the education sector, such a leader has successfully put its citizen in the dark whereby they can’t even ask for their right.
Though such leaders might be winning right now because they are able to acquire wealth illegally but certainly they will lose at some point. If the citizens go into illegality activity who should take the blame if not those that refuse to make things work well. Before I drop my pen, I will like to offer my suggestion, if anything will be better in this country, we must actually get both our education and politics right within the same period because either of them will not work unless they both improve at same time. In the same vein if the education sector will be better the politicians both those appointed or elected must be mandated to make sure all their children school here in the country, not just schooling here but made to go to government owned schools, with that they will be aware of what is going on in the education sector. No doubt about it, we have missed the road a long time ago and we need to retrace our steps back before it’s too late.

(1) (Reply)

Why Students Must 25k For Covid-19 Test - Babcock University / BREAKING: Panel Submits Report On UNILAG Crisis / Should I Study MBA In Massachusetts Institute Of Technology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.