Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Is This Fair? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is This Fair? (669 Views)

Is This Fair To Our Soldiers. / Pls Don't Judge Me(is This Fair) Must Read / Is This Fair On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Fair? by lucabraski(f): 10:08am On Feb 25, 2011
My brother got married in his early forties,[not by choice but due to poverty]and looked forward to start having children on time. He got married to the lady who assisted him in getting a job in an oil company. After 2yrs of courtship, they decided to get married.

A month after the wedding, the lady claimed that since the date of the proposal, she had been bleeding for a month and upon seeing her doctor was told she had Fibroid. she claimed that the doctor advised her to remove it by surgery, or she would never have children.
Now my brother is angry and feels that he was deceived. We all believe that she knew all along and did not tell. My brother has walked out on the marriage.
The issue now is that people are blaming my brother, saying that he just used the lady to climb the ladder in life and wants to abandon her now in her time of need.

Please NL, do you think he should go back after the lady lied to him? On top of all this, the lady is very arrogant.
Re: Is This Fair? by InkedNerd(f): 10:14am On Feb 25, 2011
Is there any proof that she lied? All you've mentioned is that you and everyone else believes that she deceived him. And yes, your brother is wrong. Although lying is never good, your brother doesn't seem that different from the lady. As far as I'm concerned, they seem to be in the same boat.
Re: Is This Fair? by lucabraski(f): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2011
No particular proof but from what the doctor said, the size and position of the growth is such that she should have known about it for years. my brother is the first son of our family and needs to start having kids soon.
Re: Is This Fair? by InkedNerd(f): 10:37am On Feb 25, 2011
lucabraski:

No particular proof but from what the doctor said, the size and position of the growth is such that she should have known about it for years. my brother is the first son of our family and needs to start having kids soon.

Him being the first son or being poor is no excuse for him to just use someone. If anything it seems like he had it comin'. And suppose she didn't know. There are people who have medical issues that go undiagnosed for years. Just because she may have had it for years doesn't necessarily mean that she had preexisting knowledge of it.
Re: Is This Fair? by Tingles(m): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
The marriage was a contract, the woman breached the agreement. All is fair in love and war.

(1) (Reply)

Dip Events (outdoor Catering, Cooling Vans, Decorations And Video Coverage) / Getting A Code To Unlock My Honda Accord 98 / At Last Starcomms Slash Down Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.