Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? (317 Views)

How Much Will This Structure Cost? Land Already Available / Secured Land Without Government Acquisition In Epe / Places To Buy Land Without Any Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThaThinka: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello, people! I was just wondering if it's possible to buy land in Lagos or Ogun state without being ready to build yet. I have a few hundred thousands and I don't feel like leaving it at the bank anymore.

The thing is I have been considering the idea of buying land for some time (years) but I heard one risks a piece of land bought being resold if there's no development on it after like six months. I don't want unnecessary hassles because I ain't got money to build something right now.

Please I need your help on this matter, people. If you are an agent, it helps to still be objective. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
If you have enough money to fence it and put a small gate, then you might have secured it. But buying a land and leaving it to lay fallow in this construction boom era is a bad idea... Omo oniles would most likely resell to someone or split the land for you.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by Oblongata: 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
Build 2 shops on it and rent it out, thank me later
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThreeEyedRaven: 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
It's very possible especially when you buy from real estate companies.
You buy from gated Estate where documents would be given to you and the estate companies manages the place till you're ready to build or sell off.. Chat me up 08036858593 I'll show you many places you can buy with peace of mind in gated estates with good titles.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThaThinka: 10:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Thanks all for your responses.

Loneprof, those Omo oniles are a big headache. They're the primary reasons I haven't bought all this time. I wonder if such crap obtains outside the country. undecided

Oblongata, nice idea. But I'm not sure it's one that would work considering I don't have a lot of money for this right now. With the kind of money I am talking about, chances are that the land might be in a location where renting a shop might not sound appealing to anyone.

ThreeEyeRaven, it seems you're an agent. These places, are they low-budget or million of Naira? Could you name some of these companies? Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by Elawnugo: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Sincerely I will advice you to do the C of O and do the fence if you don't have money to build anything on it to make the land secure.... contact MR FIXER FACILITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY for durable building construction services at an affordable price.
24/7 consultation service ✅✅
Legally registered ✅✅
Certified Engineers and building technologist✅✅
Affordable quality service ✅✅
Proven track records ✅✅

+2348127478080 +2347046517600 (WhatsApp)
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThaThinka: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2020
Please your opinion is still needed on this matter to enable me make a more informed decision. Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThaThinka: 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2020
Up. grin
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hello I don't know ur pocket but, I may have an opportunity 4 u, dat is if u like epe there's a land beside my own land 4 Sale u can buy do conner piece ND leave it I will be the one to look after it 4 u
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThaThinka: 7:53am On Sep 16, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
Hello I don't know ur pocket but, I may have an opportunity 4 u, dat is if u like epe there's a land beside my own land 4 Sale u can buy do conner piece ND leave it I will be the one to look after it 4 u

Thanks, sir. I'd actually prefer buying from a company offering satisfactory documents and assurance.

I could have gotten land for N150-250k before now around Ifo-Sango axis but it involved buying from individuals or an obscure "company," so I backed out. Let me not lie: I am somewhat risk-averse.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2020
ThaThinka:

Thanks, sir. I'd actually prefer buying from a company offering satisfactory documents and assurance.

I could have gotten land for N150-250k before now around Ifo-Sango axis but it involved buying from individuals or an obscure "company," so I backed out. Let me not lie: I am somewhat risk-averse.
good point.ur not buying from an individual, its a family land I have proofs of my own purchase.
And there is no land of 150 _250 k in this area, somebody give u such amount in a developing, residential area must be fake
Re: Is It Possible To Buy Low-cost Land Without Building Yet? by ThaThinka: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
good point.ur not buying from an individual, its a family land I have proofs of my own purchase.
And there is no land of 150 _250 k in this area, somebody give u such amount in a developing, residential area must be fake

Note that I wrote "before now." The latest of the offers was made to me a little over a year ago for 250k at a location that is accessed via Oja side in Sango. The place was too far for me and I dey fear Omo onile palaver like say tomorrow no dey. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TRADEGY: See Photos Of Collapse 4 Storey Building In Abia State With Dead Bodies / Land For Sale At Orozo Abuja 1,400sqm R Of O #850,000 / Serviced Plots @ Westagro Estate, Epe, Lagos- 600sqm For N800k!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.