Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,304 members, 7,839,481 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America (187 Views)

UN Staff Members Inspect The Remains Of Aid's Car Hit By Israel In Gaza / Iran Warns 'war With Israel Has Already Begun ( Pics) / Iran Says UAE, Bahrain Will Bear The Severe Consequences Of Israel Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America by WebIncome: 10:11am On Sep 15, 2020
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday will preside over the signing of historic diplomatic deals between Israel and the Gulf states of Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates that could herald a dramatic shift in Middle East power dynamics and boost his reelection hopes.

The event on the White House South Lawn, attended by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the foreign ministers of Bahrain and the UAE, will be the first time Arab nations have established relations with Israel since Egypt in 1979 and Jordan in 1994.

"All sides are excited," a senior Trump administration official told reporters.

Hundreds of people are invited to attend, and a symbolic handshake between the Arab representatives and Netanyahu is not ruled out, the official said.

"Coronavirus (is) in the background of everybody's minds, although everybody will have been tested," he said.

For the Mideast, the deals dubbed the Abraham Accords mark a distinct shift in a decades-old status quo where Arab countries have tried to maintain unity against Israel over its treatment of the stateless Palestinians.

Sceptics, including many longtime Mideast observers, have expressed doubts about the impact of the deals and lamented that they ignore the Palestinians, who have rejected them as a stab in the back by fellow Arabs.

Yet even the harshest critics have allowed that they could usher in a seismic shift in the region should other Arab nations, particularly Saudi Arabia, follow suit,

UAE, Bahrain deal with Israel seen by many as a betrayal of the Palestinian cause Feeling increasingly abandoned, Palestinian leaders on Sunday urged demonstrations in the occupied territories and outside embassies of the United States, Israel, Bahrain and the UAE to protest what they called "shameful agreements".

But other, powerful forces are transforming the playing field in the region.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200915-bahrain-and-uae-to-sign-israel-peace-deal-at-white-house-ceremon
Re: UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America by prince2pac(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2020
grin
The Palestinians are there crying... The should wait more Arabian countries are likely to join too..
I see Kuwait and Jordan next on line....

Trump is really trying for them middle East.. Afghan and Taliban are also normalising there own peace talk in UAE
Re: UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America by LadyExcellency: 10:19am On Sep 15, 2020
prince2pac:
grin
The Palestinians are there crying... The should wait more Arabian countries are likely to join too..
I see Kuwait and Jordan next on line....

Trump is really trying for them middle East.. Afghan and Taliban are also normalising there own peace talk in UAE

Jordan has done so more than two decades ago
Re: UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America by LadyExcellency: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2020
They called Trump a warmonger but in.reality his critics support military industrial complex
Re: UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America by prince2pac(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Jordan has done so more than two decades ago
Wow I never knew... I think they don't feel safe playing the Iranian and Saudi political card.. It's a good development for them
Re: UAE, Bahrain To Normalise Relations With Israel in America by Righteousness89(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2020
Wonderful

(1) (Reply)

Model Accuses Donald Trump Of Sexual Assault At US Open Tennis / . / My Statement Was Clear, I Believe I Had #coronavirus In Nov 2019 And I Advocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.