Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Cushioned Shoes Or Going Barefoot: Which Is Better For Running? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cushioned Shoes Or Going Barefoot: Which Is Better For Running? (219 Views)

Portable Spotted Trekking Barefoot On A Street In Sango (Video) / Ruby Ojiakor Hits The Street On Barefoot To Celebrate 1 Million IG Followers / Toke Makinwa Pictured With Obasanjo On Barefoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cushioned Shoes Or Going Barefoot: Which Is Better For Running? by Susi007: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2020
For injury-prone runners there’s always the question of what type of shoe is safer.

Some runners think it is shoes that are heavily cushioned and others prefer the more traditional thin-soled shoes.

A new study published in Scientific Reports suggests that running in those comfortable, highly cushioned shoes often marketed to prevent injury, might actually increase leg stiffness and lead to greater impact loading when your foot hits the pavement.

What The Study Found

The small study looked at 12 healthy men with an average age of 27 who were accustomed to running. Each of them had some sort of experience running regularly or playing sports. The men were given pairs of the thickly cushioned Hoka One One Conquest shoe and the thinner Brooks Ghost 6 running shoe.... Source for more details here ==>>>https://nutritionfood.in/are-minimal-sneakers-better-for-running/
Re: Cushioned Shoes Or Going Barefoot: Which Is Better For Running? by SarkinYarki: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2020
I am an avid runner and I can tell you for free that the harder the soul of the running shoes I use the worse the shock on my knees ... i have never ran bearfoot though or even with Vibrams but I believe barefoot will Naturally prevent you from over striking which might protect our joints

(1) (Reply)

Justin Bieber Is Ready For His Tour #changes / Reno Omokri Condemned Nigerians Comparing Their Parents With Otedola's / Logic Responds 2 Kanye & Says Def Jam Wont Pay Lil Wayne For Logic Perfect Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.