Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers (283 Views)

Woman Filmed Hawking Intimacy Gadget Publicly In Lagos Street / Man Publicly Drags Nigerian Businesswoman For 1000$ Debt In Istanbul / Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers by Ijcharis(f): 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
A frustrated business owner has publicly shamed hundreds of pandemic recession jobseekers.

Ryan Irving, from Henley-on-Thames, slammed these people after 97 percent of applicants failed to follow his advert's basic instructions.

The 36-year-old businessman claims the job advert specified not to submit a CV but rather asked candidates to answer a handful of simple questions for a role at his web services company Ri Web.

Meanwhile, he did not specify which job advert his post referred to, his company, Mail Online Report.

However, Ri Web has recently advertised a one-year internship, paying £12,000-a-year, asking applicants to answer questions rather than requesting a CV.

Irving took to Linkedin revealing that of a whopping 183 people who applied, all but six were automatically declined because they weren't sufficiently tuned in to respond properly to the request.

While some supported his message to pay attention to detail and not just fire out CVs blindly, others branded him 'sanctimonious' and said he was failing to see it from the point of view of job seekers.

What do you think about this, state your comment via this link: https://news.1app.online/frustrated-business-owner-publicly-shames-job-seekers/

Re: Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers by dingbang(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2020
Even moses disobeyed God. It is just in the nature of humans not to follow simple instructions.
Re: Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers by sulaimon22: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2020
Following instructions during job hunting is key
Re: Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers by yomi007k(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
dingbang:
Even moses disobeyed God. It is just in the nature of humans not to follow simple instructions.

...and that ,my friend, is a bad nature if one plans to be successful.
Re: Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers by dingbang(m): 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
yomi007k:

...and that ,my friend, is a bad nature if one plans to be successful.
it is just human nature, something innate
Re: Frustrated Business Owner Publicly Shames Job Seekers by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
In this day and age, advertising for staff will let you realize how really dumb some "supposed" graduates seem to be.

We once were looking for staff and at the interview, one of the simple question was:" what is the answer of 7 X 40= "... And I was amazed at how many people failed this basic question or needed to use their phones to answer it.

(1) (Reply)

Every Bank Account Holder Must Complete And Summit Self Certification Form. / Certus Investment / Airpod Pro Available for Sale(Bulk deals available)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.