Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Please Help A Newbie With Java. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help A Newbie With Java. (371 Views)

How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / Top 20 Websites To Learn Coding With Java, Python, SQL, Algorithms, And Git For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Antidotecasmir(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2020
Dear programmers, after installing jdk and configuring it in my system, what should I do next ?
Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Karleb(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2020
Install an IDE, I'll recommend NetBeans.

Google how to run your first Java program on it or you could try to do it instinctively.

...and follow a tutorial.

I said an IDE because I find it easy to run code on it.
Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by SpambotLeaveMeNa: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2020
install intellij... I think it has kotlin and Android also in it...
and its also good for beginners
Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Xperienx(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2020
Install Eclipse and get some good tutorials from YouTube.
Feel free to reference stackoverflow or ask questions here when you get stuck

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Coder2Client(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2020
OP look at the first 3 comments. That's what I started with. 1. NetBeans 2. Eclipse 3.IntelliJ IDEA but as a beginner you should not start with IDE, rather I would tell you to start with notepad or note++ and run your code in the command line. That way you will understand how JVM work and how you can debug your code without IDE.
Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2020
Coder2Client:
OP look at the first 3 comments. That's what I started with. 1. NetBeans 2. Eclipse 3.IntelliJ IDEA but as a beginner you should not start with IDE, rather I would tell you to start with notepad or note++ and run your code in the command line. That way you will understand how JVM work and how you can debug your code without IDE.
So we still have hardened CLI/Shell commandos. grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Coder2Client(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2020
SegFault:

So we still have hardened CLI/Shell commandos. grin
Don't get it wrong. I said for a beginner who wants to start Java s/he must have that knowledge of running code from the command line. Even if it is just a day or two. Everybody uses IDE these days.
Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Antidotecasmir(m): 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2020
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my thread so far. I found them(your contributions) very helpful. I guess I'll just have to think about it a bit and then decide whether to go for notepad/note++ or IDE.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Newbie With Java. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
Coder2Client:

Don't get it wrong. I said for a beginner who wants to start Java s/he must have that knowledge of running code from the command line. Even if it is just a day or two. Everybody uses IDE these days.
O boy, I'm still a hardcore shell user, even when I switched from termux to using a laptop, I still went back to the shell because I realised that when you compile and write makefiles by hand you get to know what and how everything is happening, that's why I prefer to use the shell.

(1) (Reply)

Please Where In Abuja Can I Learn Oracle With Cert? / Direct Uk Used Asus X401a Ultrabook 4gb Ram 500gb Hdd Very Slim & Portable / Why Should I Learn Software Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.