Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF (381 Views)

Aondofa Kefas Azonto: JTF Arrest Benue Militia Leader And Most Wanted Criminal / Yahoo Boy Kills Motorcyclist In Delta, Injures Passenger While Being Chased / AAU Student Who Fell Inside Well After Being Chased By SARS (More Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by Diamondniyi(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2020
Oyetola reacts to death of Osun resident being chased by JTF
The Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola has ordered for an extensive investigation into the events that led to the reported death of a citizen.

Four suspected Internet fraudsters (Yahoo boy) got involved in an accident while being chased by the men of Joint Task Force on Tuesday evening in Osogbo.

Three persons were rushed to the hospital why the other died on the spot.

The accident occurred at the East bypass when the Toyota Corolla with registration number KUJ-553LY Abuja – conveying the suspected Yahoo boys veered off the road during the chase and hit electricity poll.

In a statement signed by the States’ Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Funke Egbemode, he said the governor, Oyetola, expressed shock over the incident and the disruption that followed.

He asked the State Command of the Nigeria Police to get to the bottom of the matter.

According to the state governor, nobody has a right under the laws to take a life, saying that all lives matter in the State.

He said, “nobody has a right under our laws to take a life summarily. While we appreciate the great job our law enforcement agencies are doing to keep Osun safe, the confusion and disruption to our peaceful state capital on Tuesday needs to be investigated.”

Oyetola’s government, however, called on the Osun State Command of the Nigeria Police to launch a comprehensive investigation into the tragedy.

Meanwhile, the Governor has appealed to the families of the deceased and the injured not to take matters into their hands by hurting more people or destroying properties.

“We implore our citizens to trust the Government to get to the bottom of this sad occurrence. Let us all go about our lives peacefully while we await the results of the investigation,” he concluded.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/16/oyetola-reacts-to-death-of-osun-resident-being-chased-by-jtf/

Re: Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2020
But, why should anyone run away from JTF or FSARS?

If your hands are clean, PARK , show them your details, if they find you GUILTY of anything, BARGAIN with them.

They are human being like you.
I encounter them every blessed week.

I made it a point of duty to dress well anytime I am going out, no matter the distance. I carry my ID cards and receipts along too.
And I am bold and confident in my interactions with them.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by solmus: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2020
Kindly obey Constituted Authority whether US or Europe once you run from the police they use Maximum force
Re: Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by Mayng01(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2020
Nigerian sars, always feeling too big & better
Re: Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by ebuka440: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2020
Nigerian police on the whole has to be reorganized. Whenever they see a young boy ridding a clean car, they will come after the person immediately and label them yahoo boys.

They should know fully well that not all Nigerians boys are yahoo guys. Some guys made their wealth legitimately.

The Governor should not allow this made be swept under the carpet. He should just make sure that all concerned should be jailed for at least 65 years in prison with hard labour so as to serve as a deterrent to other erring officers.

Most of these SARS officers are equally yahoo boys
Re: Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2020
This is not just in Osun State alone, but the misdeed of these police guys are rampant in major cities in Nigeria, the NPF is too corrupt and the IGP isn't doing anything about it. This will soon be swept under the carpet like all other atrocities they commit on a daily basis, Nigeria is heading towards anarchy we need to pray and work to get back on track.
Re: Oyetola Reacts To Death Of Osun Resident Being Chased By JTF by GolDRoger: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
SARS Are licensed Criminals.

They have caused more harmed than Good.

I still remember last year event, when a stray bullet killed one Guy watching Liverpool match @ a viewing Centre coz of this same SARS shooting.

Just SCRAP the damn force. . . Or better still, overhaul the entire system

(1) (Reply)

#endsars Protest In Ilorin Turns Violent As Thugs Viciously Attack Demonstrators / Why Lagos Police Hired OPC To Guard Police Stations! / Pastor Almost Lynched In Port Harcourt For Alleged Homosexual Acts- VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.