Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Hookup For Arduino Programmers. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hookup For Arduino Programmers. (1486 Views)

New And Hot: Lithium Battery Level Indicator With Arduino And LCD / Free Arduino Tutorial / Sine Wave Inverter Using Arduino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by VoidLoop: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2020
I created this topic to create awareness and also to know our arduino programmers in Nairaland and those who'll love to learn arduino

It is observed that so many people(particularly programmers in embedded systems), do feel that ARDUINO are for kids..

In a way, they're right if they actually talking about the arduino hardware/breakout boards like UNO and others. Because it won't be wise to use something like arduino UNO for commercial products except for prototyping..

But for the Software(Arduino IDE), it's for all classes(beginners, intermediates and professionals). Arduino IDE can be used to program so many microcontrollers apart from its popular ATMEL products.
Personally, i have used arduino IDE to program real time projects(e.g inverters, preemptive traffic lights e.t.c) that are still been used to date.

From my experience,Arduino has alot of advantages like;
-Making things easier to work with.
-A very large community
-Open sourced.
-Cheap.
-Anyone that's determined to learn it might end up being an electronist and a programmer.
-Possibility of switching to other related software like proteus, app inventor to achieve a project and still return back to arduino,. Which is an added knowledge.
And so many...

It has just one major disadvantage like;
-You might not have some fundamental knowledge in electronics/C programming.

Now you see that the advantages outweighs the disadvantages cool..

So many people do copy and paste codes due to how open sourced arduino is, ye you are right and wrong for calling yourself a programmer.

Please let's connect if you're an arduino programmer here, we can do some challenge here.

If you have interest in learning arduino,electronics and android app programming with MIT app inventor for embedded system projects. check the flier.

Re: Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by VoidLoop: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
If you're among those that use delays and arduino strings in your sketch. You need to upgrade...

Delays stop your microcontrollers temporarily while arduino strings( e.g "String var = "Hello"wink occupy much memory and if your string are much in your sketch. Your arduino code might freeze after some time(probably after days of continuous operation ), so you might not notice the bug immediately after uploading it might take some time....

If you also use arduino UNO/nano development board in your electronic project( i mean commercial project and not prototype projects like the one been used for educational purposes), you need to upgrade your knowledge too on electronics and arduino C programming.....

Let's make this topic active,, if you also have other good experience in arduino programming and electronics, please don't hesitate to share so we can all learn together... I'll be posting important guide on how to be efficient in programming with arduino.....
Re: Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by 1stNumeroUno: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
Nice one bro.

I'm new to Arduino and just resumed the prototyping again after I took some time off for an exam.

Presently I'm trying to build a system that'll monitor water tank. Please do you think the arduino UNO will be able to do this. If not, are there any other boards for such and other real life/commercial size projects.

Wish to see/meet more people here.
Re: Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by arduino: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
1stNumeroUno:
Nice one bro.

I'm new to Arduino and just resumed the prototyping again after I took some time off for an exam.

Presently I'm trying to build a system that'll monitor water tank. Please do you think the arduino UNO will be able to do this. If not, are there any other boards for such and other real life/commercial size projects.

Yes, you can accomplish this with Arduino. Infact Arduino is even an overkill for a basic water level control. A cheap and properly design 555timer circuit can accomplish same.
Re: Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by JohnBullMySon: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2020
1stNumeroUno:
Nice one bro.

An arduino with just a sonar can achieve that.
Re: Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by VoidLoop: 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
An arduino with just a sonar can achieve that.

Ye Bro, with sonic sensor
Re: Hookup For Arduino Programmers. by VoidLoop: 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Active

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Key Factors To Build An Excellent Business Mobile App? / Guys You Need To See This...sooo Funy (pics) / Ionic: Back Button Not Working On Side-menu Template

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.