Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,649 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

I Am A Senator For Life – Akpabio Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am A Senator For Life – Akpabio Declares (346 Views)

Akpabio Declares Umahi, Geidam’s Seats Vacant / Appeal Court Declares Jerigbe Senator For Cross River North / Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Senator For Life – Akpabio Declares by Merteenz(m): 11:45am On Sep 16, 2020
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio has stated that, as a former Minority Leader of the Senate and former senator representing Akwa-Ibom North-West constituency, he believes he is a senator for life.

Akpabio made the statement while responding to questions from newsmen when he visited the National Assembly for what could be described as a ‘fence-mending’ move amid the ongoing probe of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) by the lawmakers.

He had – in the heat of the probe – accused senators and House Representatives members of being the biggest beneficiaries of NDDC contracts, he also reportedly sent a list of the said beneficiaries to the National Assembly.

The minister was asked if he submitted more names of the NDDC contractors or clarified the earlier list he sent to the House when he met the acting clerk of the National Assembly, Amos Olatunde-Ojo.

In his response, Akpabio said: “No no no, you are wrong. That was not what the Speaker demanded. The Speaker wanted to know whether there was undue influence from any section of the National Assembly in respect of contracts in the NDDC.

”He did not say whether they were contractors so I’m hearing it from you.”

The minister explained that his visit was in furtherance of President Muhammadu Buhari’s call for a cordial relationship between the Executive and the Legislature and to congratulate Olatunde-Ojo on his ‘elevation’.

He said: “I am here(National Assembly) to congratulate the acting CNA for his elevation and of course to solicit the continuous cooperation of the National Assembly towards the development of the Niger Delta region

”In any case, I am a senator, so seeing me in the National Assembly should not be a surprise; as a former Minority Leader of the Senate and a senator, I believe I am a senator for life.

”Nobody will refer to me as Governor Akpabio, they will always refer to me as Senator Akpabio so this is homecoming for me. The National Assembly is supposed to resume today(yesterday) but it had been postponed. I had intended that as soon as the resumption takes place, I will be here as part of my effort to support the President’s decision that there must be a much more cordial relationship between the Executive and the Legislature.

”So far, I believe that whatever disagreement that could have occurred between my own ministry and the National Assembly must have been as a result of mischief and that mischief must be put to rest so that we can work in one accord for the sake of the nation.

”It is important as a minister to make efforts to work towards ensuring that cooperation come on board for the benefit of the region.

”The National Assembly is one, we must ensure that there is harmony between the Legislature and the Executive. Today, we have a better National Assembly in terms of Legislative-Executive harmony and cordiality.”

Source: https://ijawnews.com/i-am-a-senator-for-life-akpabio-declares/

Re: I Am A Senator For Life – Akpabio Declares by Simplyleo: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2020
The reason ipob miscreants may not attack him is that Akpabio comes from oil producing state.

But then, they may still attack him for being a member of APC, same party they insult from morning till sunset, yet promising thunder and brimstone if the party does not zone its presidential ticket to a particular tribe.

However, the miscreants really got confused when Akpabio attacked Tinubu's boy in NASS. Perhaps, their sentiment is strongly hinged on the importance and significance of the personality involved, not the issue.

Las las, ipob pigs are terrorists.
Re: I Am A Senator For Life – Akpabio Declares by javaguru: 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2020
Simplyleo:
The reason ipob miscreants may not attack him is that Akpabio comes from oil producing state.

But then, they may still attack him for being a member of APC, same party they insult from morning till sunset, yet promising thunder and brimstone if the party does not zone its presidential ticket to a particular tribe.

However, the miscreants really got confused when Akpabio attacked Tinubu's boy in NASS. Perhaps, their sentiment is strongly hinged on the importance and significance of the personality involved, not the issue.

Las las, ipob pigs are terrorists.
you fail to realize that the value of fuel is depreciating on a daily basis. the Igbos don't care about the fucken oil anymore, hw many igbos do u hear made their billions from oil. wise up things are changing.
Re: I Am A Senator For Life – Akpabio Declares by Abasman008(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
Lol he failed and will keep failing..
Am an Akwa-ibomite an the era we loved him is over, he has disgraced the NIGER DELTA..

people think I'm stupid when agitating for a place for my people in the Niger delta...

We with different languages have stayed more peaceful together than people who speak the same language...After over 50 years of feeding the nation, this is what we get as thank you below...

They kill us if we complain..

We are ourself to defend our ansetorial waters but a foreinf tribe deadly than they label us call us millitants..

We loose fishing grounds and useful land everyday but no one cares....

bross I'll love to work with you... Please respond.. let's talk in private..

I'll never stop until we get freedom..

#joinTheMovement for the freedom of the Niger Delta

https://www./942372532913725/permalink/942405859577059/?app=fbl

#NigerDeltaRepublic

Comrade Abas..

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election: Am Been Rigged Out – Obaseki Lament. / Edo Decides 2020 / Edo 2020: Oshiomhole In Bible Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.