Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? (323 Views)

Pere And Angel To Return To The BBNaija House As They Join The Finale / BBNaija: Cross Reveals What Could Happen To Saga If Nini Fails To Return / Big Brother Naija 2018: Ex-Housemates To Return For Reunion Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? by harrytlm: 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2020
Warner Bros. is reportedly quite serious about getting Joaquin Phoenix back, not only for Joker 2, but for another sequel as well, which would complete a trilogy. Joker arrived last year and became an unexpectedly huge hit both critically and commercially, controversial though it may have been. As such, the studio seems intent on getting Phoenix back under the makeup for another go as the DC villain. As incentive, they are said to be offering him a boatload of cash.

According to a new report, Joaquin Phoenix is being offered $50 million to return for Joker 2 and 3. Warner Bros. is said to be hopeful that the movies could be ready to go in 2022 and 2024, respectively. This comes after Phoenix took home the Best Actor Oscar earlier this year at the Academy Awards, capping off a huge awards season run. Plus, Joker took in more than $1 billion at the box office, making it hugely profitable, given its relatively small budget. An unnamed insider had this to say about it.

"Joaquin initially felt Joker was a standalone movie. But he's changed his tune now. He says he wants to play this character again, despite the controversies that came with the release last year. It's still being negotiated but the scripts are being written and Joaquin is very engaged with it."
Re: Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? by Favemmzar200(m): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2020
First to comment
Re: Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? by flyingpig: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2020
The part 2 will break more records if Joaquin acts it. He's my best "superhero".
Re: Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? by Rayd502(m): 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2020
flyingpig:
The part 2 will break more records if Joaquin acts it. He's my best "superhero".

He is more of an anti hero.
Re: Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? by phr0nesis(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2020
Rayd502:

He is more of an anti hero.
Joker is a pure villain
Re: Joaquin Phoenix Offered $50M To Return For 2 Joker Sequels? by meobizy(f): 2:10am On Sep 17, 2020
Greed is about to make these people overdo things. That movie is better as a standalone. I tried my best to enjoy it, but I was bored to tears. Three times I’ve tried to finish it and I slept during every watch. I enjoyed Leto’s joker anyway. I guess that’s an unpopular opinion.

(1) (Reply)

[download Movie] Cold Vengeance / Movie Review (citation) / Wendy Shay Ghana's Favourite Female Artist Disgraces Herself On A Tv Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.