Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi (1317 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt - Maiduguri Rail Line (Photos & Video). / Extend Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line To Chad, President Deby Tells Buhari / FG Okays $3.02bn For Reconstruction Of Port Harcourt-maiduguri Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Asphericnews: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2020

Minister of Transportation, Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has disclosed that upon completion of the Lagos-Ibadan railway project by December, the Federal Government would immediately commence construction of the Eastern rail line which connects Port Harcourt – Bonny to Maiduguri.

Amaechi said the planned commencement is subject to approval by the Federal Executive Council, while listing other projects in line for commencement. They include, the Kano/Maradi line and the Ibadan to Kano section of the Lagos to Kano rail line.

The Minister stated this in Ibadan, Wednesday, shortly after inspecting the level of work on all the Stations across the Lagos-Ibadan railway project.

He said, " We have sent to the cabinet the request for approval of two railway contracts, Port Harcourt - Bonny to Maiduguri. If that is awarded, that will be the next assignment for the Ministry of Transport. Also the Kano - Maradi line, which passes through Kano, Dutse, Kazaure, Daura, Katsina, Jibiya, Maradi.

"We are also pursuing the loan for the contract which has been awarded for the Lagos to Calabar rail line. We also expect that Ibadan to Kano will commence before the end of this year," Amaechi said.

On the Lagos-Ibadan railway project, he noted that much work has not been done on the Apapa station because the building of the station just commenced, “but I want them to finish all the stations at same time. And I have insisted that a special taskforce be set up to make sure Apapa station is completed same time as all the others. If you see the station at Olodo, there are improvements, they finished flooring, roofing, lighting, ceilings; just doors and windows left. Again, what is left at Kajola is just painting. There is improvement in Olodo and Ebute-metta.

"The only station in which I am not satisfied is this last station in Ibadan. However, they have given us the following targets: End of September, three stations will be ready; end of October, all the seven minor stations will be ready; end of December, everything will be ready," he said.

Amaechi also disclosed that the contractors were expecting more engineers on site to speed up construction.

Hear him, "The timeline hasn't changed, but they didn't meet my target for this inspection, my target was that by today (September 15), they would have finished the minor stations, but they gave an excuse that because of Covid they hadn't enough engineers on site. What you have is the same engineers supervising Agbado and Agege, so they move in between and that is slowing down the work.

"As for me, I want this job done because I want to move out of Lagos. Their submission is that by next week, all engineers will be on site and work will commence and once work commences, they will be faster and by the end of September, they should finish the three major stations."

Reacting to the accident that occurred in Oshodi on Monday, Amaechi said the Ministry would collaborate with the Lagos State government to ensure fencing of the tracks, which he said has already began in some parts to avert such incidents.

https://asphericnews.com/2020/09/17/port-harcourt-bonny-maiduguri-rail-to-commence-soon-amaechi/

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Asphericnews: 11:01am On Sep 17, 2020
Meanwhile, here are photos of Yestersay's Inspection of Lagos- Ibadan Railway Stations. See More photos on https://asphericnews.com/2020/09/16/live-updates-amaechi-inspects-lagos-ibadan-railway-stations-takes-train-ride-with-md-railway-others/

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Karlovich: 11:02am On Sep 17, 2020
Rothiefmi amaechi

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Enudapan: 11:03am On Sep 17, 2020
Nna eh! This sophisticated
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by sparkle1996(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2020
nice one from amaechi

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by slivertongue: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2020
seeing is believing
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by ODJ124(m): 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Amaechi is doing well...
Kudos to him...

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by DEROX: 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
wink God bless amaechi a detrabalised politician he has really done well in SW if he wants to contest we will deliver for him

5 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
The insistence on Maradi is quite baffling because wetin concern us with Niger republic railroads ? All at the expense of the SE which this divisive government has sworn that they’ll avoid at all costs. Meanwhile, is Bonny realistic ? We know how many decades it took successive Govt’s to even start that project talk less of finish it or does Amaechi want to use this as another cash cow like his famed monorail to nowhere ? Nigerians are tired sha, e go be cool
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Ades1234(m): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
The insistence on Maradi is quite baffling because wetin concern us with Niger republic railroads ? All at the expense of the SE which this divisive government has sworn that they’ll avoid at all costs. Meanwhile, is Bonny realistic ? We know how many decades it took successive Govt’s to even start that project talk less of finish it or does Amaechi want to use this as another cash cow like his famed monorail to nowhere ? Nigerians are tired sha, e go be cool

What's ur problem with ameachi,
Ameachi is no longer the governor of River state , he did his best as a governor and we want Wike to continue from where he stop,

What stop Wike from continuing the project?
U guys are full with hatred , are u from bonny land?

What's the problem with southeast people,
Instead of u to thank God we have a hard working minister who has tried his best,

*what did our former president who is the son of soil do for his people?*

4 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by ourema(f): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2020
I thought the APC led government gave as part of their achievement of the ongoing work for the Lagos to Calabar coastal rail line. But the Hon Minister is saying different things.

Make I comot before they call me wailer
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by BlackfireX: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
Why Maiduguri to peaceful bonny ??
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ades1234:

What's ur problem with ameachi,
Ameachi is no longer the governor of River state , he did his best as a governor and we want Wike to continue from where he stop,

What stop Wike from continuing the project?
U guys are full with hatred , are u from bonny land?

What's the problem with southeast people,
Instead of u to thank God we have a hard working minister who has tried his best,

*what did our former president who is the son of soil do for his people?*
shut up your mouth abeg, Mr Adewale please face your front or is your name Amaechi ? Are you even from Rivers state ? Is your father Rotimi Amaechi ? I’m making comments as a concerned Nigerian and you’re farting all over the internet. Please do your BMC zombie work and avoid me.

Ps, since you’re semi literate I know it’ll be hard for you to see that I’m Ijaw from my signature and it’s such a sad shame on your sad life that you had to drag Gej into this topic. Maradi almajiri like you cool
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Christistruth00: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:

Their Calculation is so that Republic of Niger will Start Using the Port of Lagos being a Landlocked Country instead of Cotonou which it is currently using .

But NIgerians must be looked after first and too many parts of NIgeria have no railway at all and need it desperately.

In fact they shouldn't connect to Niger Republic till Security is guaranteed because Niger is already a safe haven for NIgerian killer bandits and Boko Haram Terrorists.

Maradi in Niger cannot be connected to Nigeria's railway before, Bida ,Bayelsa, Calabar , Akure,Ekiti,Owerri , Yobe ,Taraba etc
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Ades1234(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good development.. kudos Minister
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
Na Audio
Finish Lagos-Ibadan first
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Blue3k(m): 5:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
The insistence on Maradi is quite baffling because wetin concern us with Niger republic railroads ?

• Nigeria has been wanting them to patronize the ports. The Jonathan administration were looking to build rail lines aswell.

• Niger republic exports tons uranium, gold and other agricultural product.

• Niger Republic has been uninterested in Nigerian rail opting to build rail lines with Benin Republic for the past two decades.

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by realstars: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
The Vision Of Our Past Leaders.
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by utytill(m): 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Maiduguri to PH?
Borno state to Rivers State.
Hmmm, God ,if this railway will bring bokoharam to the South,may the contract scatter by fire by thunder .
The blessing of the Lord maketh rich and added no sorrow.
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by kettykin: 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
Even though i am not really a fan of this man , but notice how the same people that has hailed him , celebrated and called him nice names will start cursing him becuase of the PH - Maiduguri line

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Henrymas(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
If it ever comes to fruition, then River state should prepare to receive an influx of boko haram elements and other category of bandits relocating to the state.
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Achuwa1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
We already have #18.89trillion debt from the loans they've collected so far & they still have three more years to go.only God knows how much debt this government will leave behind for generations to pay on those sectional rails they are trying to build .
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by proeast(m): 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jokers, so Nigeria obtained loan from China, only to use same loan in building railway in Niger republic??

I'm not getting it, is Niger rep now part of Nigeria that will make these guys to be building railway within their territory? Secondly, of what benefit is this railway to the Nigerian economy??

Trump is building a fence to stop Mexican migrants from flooding America but here we have buffoons building expensive speed rails into Niger, a very poor country that has historically flooded Nigeria with the worst form of migrants any sane country should totally avoid!!

Are these people not mad?? Why are Southern politicians so timid and queit in the face of all these rubbish going on??

It is an open secret that this man claiming to be from Daura is actually from Niger republic but instead of him to be discreet about his alien identity, he still has the effrontery to shove it in our faces?!
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Blue3k:

All Akwa ibom girls are cheap prostitutes everywhere. blue boy,what can you say about that?
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Blue3k(m): 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
Henrymas:
If it ever comes to fruition, then River state should prepare to receive an influx of boko haram elements and other category of bandits relocating to the state.
Christistruth00:

In fact they shouldn't connect to Niger Republic till Security is guaranteed because Niger is already a safe haven for NIgerian killer bandits and Boko Haram Terrorists.

How long do you guys see the boko haram war lasting. Is the insurgency going to be an eternal war. Just look at how long it took the government to build rail to Ibadan. By the time it reaches Borno Nigeria should win the war.
Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Blue3k:
How long do you guys see the boko haram war lasting. Is the insurgency going to be an eternal war. Just look at how long it took the government to build rail to Ibadan. By the time it reaches Borno Nigeria should win the war.
what is the difference between these two animals?

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Blue3k(m): 10:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
JBTJ:
what is the difference between these two animals?

Lol attention hungry loser.

Re: Port Harcourt - Bonny - Maiduguri Rail To Commence Soon- Amaechi by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol attention hungry loser.
cry me a river blue blue boy

(1) (Reply)

What Is My Governor Still Doing In Edo State? / 2023 Election:youth Democratic Party Nigeria, As Sam Adeyemi And Aisha Yesufu Le / 'Im Still A Member Of IPOB' - Uche Mefor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.