Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria (1124 Views)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / "If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
Please I'll like some advice dear nairalanders. Especially from those who have the experience of doing masters in lagos or anywhere else while working. How possible and feasible is it. What are the challenges etc. Any advice generally or personal experiences. Thank you .

Lalasticlala please help up sir.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by Enudapan: 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Why Masters when you can bomb steadily
Anywhere, anytime , graduate or not, unemployed or employed ..
Then always take a mushin weed, to enlighten and educate you more than Master degree
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Enudapan:
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Why Masters when you can bomb steadily
Anywhere, anytime , graduate or not, unemployed or employed ..
Then always take a mushin weed, to enlighten and educate you more than Master degree
Lol. Are you slawormir twin brother

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
1. It depends on the department and institution.

2. It should be kept away from your would-be lecturers & Supervisor(s).

3. It depends on your capacity to carry both.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by Fkj202004: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
kamtrix:
Please I'll like some advice dear nairalanders. Especially from those who have the experience of doing masters in lagos or anywhere else while working. How possible and feasible is it. What are the challenges etc. Any advice generally or personal experiences. Thank you .

Lalasticlala please help up sir.

Yes. National Open University of Nigeria is there for you to work and learn.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
fergie001:
1. It depends on the department and institution.

2. It should be kept away from your would-be lecturers & Supervisor(s).

3. It depends on your capacity to carry both.
oh I see. Why do you say it should be kept away from lecturers or supervisors. What is the reason. Thank you for responding.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
Fkj202004:

Yes. National Open University of Nigeria is there for you to work and learn.
yes they are but they don't offer any of the required courses. Thank you
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2020
kamtrix:
oh I see. Why do you say it should be kept away from lecturers or supervisors. What is the reason. Thank you for responding.
My bro ran his @ Akoka, he was asked and he denied it.

I had the same scenario and played same card (though not @ Akoka)

Supervisors need someone that will do "a lot of work".
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
fergie001:

My bro ran his @ Akoka, he was asked and he denied it.

I had the same scenario and played same card (though not @ Akoka)

Supervisors need someone that will do "a lot of work".

thank you for this. But how will you be able to continually keep it a secret from your supervisor. Because you'll have to meet up with both work and schooling
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by edoairways: 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
It is possible provided you have a good rapport with your lecturers and course rep
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by segzytemi(m): 6:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Some schools offer part time and full time courses. So for part time, you can work and at the same time proceed with your second degree
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
Thanks friends
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2020
kamtrix:
thank you for this. But how will you be able to continually keep it a secret from your supervisor. Because you'll have to meet up with both work and schooling
Sorry I am responding late....

Once you are admitted, there is little or nothing they can do.

When I ran mine, I did know a guy who kept his work-stuff secret for close to the 2 years we ran through the programme.

Usually, its not like UG so the Class Rep can squeeze in courses to give some allowance, but if you can rapport with your Supervisor there could be some understanding.

You could also register for PT, depending on the Course though.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
fergie001:

Sorry I am responding late....

Once you are admitted, there is little or nothing they can do.

When I ran mine, I did know a guy who kept his work-stuff secret for close to the 2 years we ran through the programme.

Usually, its not like UG so the Class Rep can squeeze in courses to give some allowance, but if you can rapport with your Supervisor there could be some understanding.

You could also register for PT, depending on the Course though.
Thank you so very much. I'm learning a lot
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
kamtrix:

Uwc....if its UNILAG...It is easier.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
kamtrix:

Uwc....
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by denvers: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Maybe with a flexible job, I did mine in unilag while supporting my self as a photographer.
It is not going to be easy with a fixed scheduled job.
I had 2 or 3 guys who tried it but their results weren't good, I doubt they will have finished by now.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

Uwc....if its UNILAG...It is easier.
yeah. That's even the plan but no one to help run the admission yet
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
kamtrix:
yeah. That's even the plan but no one to help run the admission yet
Run the admission how?
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by kamtrix(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
fergie001:

Run the admission how?
give information about the step by step process and help with the whole process.
Re: Can Someone Do Masters While Working As A Young Graduate In Nigeria by fergie001: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
kamtrix:
give information about the step by step process and help with the whole process.
Ok....Best of luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike; ASUU Is Likely To Call Off The Strike On Tuesday. -BBC / Nuc Approved Take Off Courses For Bouesti / Waec & Outstanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.