Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Bayern Boss Hans-dieter Flick Congratulates Liverpool On £20m Signing Of Thiago - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bayern Boss Hans-dieter Flick Congratulates Liverpool On £20m Signing Of Thiago (341 Views)

Hansi Flick's Bayern Contract Terminated As Requested / Mourinho Mum On £20m Rated Super Eagles Target / Thiago Messi VS Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. Who Is The Next Legend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayern Boss Hans-dieter Flick Congratulates Liverpool On £20m Signing Of Thiago by Pantoo: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
Bayern Munich manager Hans-Dieter Flick has congratulated Liverpool on the £25million signing of Thiago Alcantara.

Having been linked with the Spaniard all summer, Liverpool finally made a breakthrough in their negotiations with Bayern on Thursday after they agreed to pay a minimum of £20m over the next four years, along with £5m in add-ons.

The 29-year-old was made available by Bayern after he entered the final year of his contract, which saw the European champions cash in on arguably their best midfielder.

And now with his move agreed between the two clubs, Flick took the opportunity to heap praise on Thiago, while applauding Liverpool for their most recent acquisition.

'Thiago is an extraordinary player and was very important for us,' Flick said. 'My coaching team and I enjoyed working with him.

'It was very emotional as we said goodbye. I can only congratulate Liverpool as they got a great player and especially a great person.

'Thiago gave the team a lot of options and made us unpredictable, he solved things in ways you don't expect.

article image
'Now we're losing yet another great player. We are in contact with Hasan [Salihamidzic, sporting director] and we are confident that we can still do something.

'We're positive and we have the first game tomorrow. That's the focus now and we have a good squad with which we can win the game.'

Thiago will join Liverpool on a four-year deal and will wear the No 6 shirt, as he has done all through his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dLlSdDpAo

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/Headline/Bayern-boss%C2%A0Hans-Dieter-Flick-congratulates-Liverpool-on-%C2%A320m-signing-of-Thiago/2440923
Re: Bayern Boss Hans-dieter Flick Congratulates Liverpool On £20m Signing Of Thiago by paulolee(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2020
at such age he wasn't needed again in bayern....bayern wont av sold him if he still gat alot to offer and also clubs like barca and city would av bought him if he still gat it in him..
congrats to Liverpool bt i wish he makes thier team better..
Re: Bayern Boss Hans-dieter Flick Congratulates Liverpool On £20m Signing Of Thiago by Ehiscotch(m): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2020
paulolee:
at such age he wasn't needed again in bayern....bayern wont av sold him if he still gat alot to offer and also clubs like barca and city would av bought him if he still gat it in him..
congrats to Liverpool bt i wish he makes thier team better..

Bayern didn't want to sell him; they offered him a new contract which he turned down because he wanted a new challenge. He has spent almost a decade there and he decided it was time to go.

Bayern Munich would definitely have fought harder to keep him if he were much younger; but , the best thing happened for both parties
Re: Bayern Boss Hans-dieter Flick Congratulates Liverpool On £20m Signing Of Thiago by paulolee(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Bayern didn't want to sell him; they offered him a new contract which he turned down because he wanted a new challenge. He has spent almost a decade there and he decided it was time to go.

Bayern Munich would definitely have fought harder to keep him if he were much younger; but , the best thing happened for both parties
yes....we both on same page....bayern are done with him and gat so many options to cover his position, age is also a factor and he isnt dt thiago we knew before or else bayern would av kept him...lewa also asked for a new challenge last two season dt Madrid was calling bt bayern gave him no chance..

(1) (Reply)

Rakitic: I Was Never Close Friends With Messi Or Suarez At Barca / Hamilton Takes 91st Win To Equal Schumacher's F1 Record / Cadiz Beat Real Madrid In La Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.