Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. (1346 Views)

The Difference Is Very Clear, Dele Momodu Praises Wike Outfit (photo) / The Difference Is Some People Have Pride And Dignity. - Joe Igbokwe / Nnamdi Kanu And Sunday Igboho: Difference Is Clear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Rich4god(m): 7:18am On Sep 18, 2020
Good day all. I normally recharge my prepaid meter with about N2500 a month. I don't have much appliances at home, just fridge, TV sets and energy saver bulb. So yesterday after my units ran out, I decided to recharge. But I wanted to calculate the difference between the new tariff and the old one, so I recharged for N500.

Before the increase in tariff, I usually get about 24.86unit for N500, but yesterday after recharging, I got 8.43units... chai cry that's about 3times increase in tariff.

That means, in a month I will have to be spending about N7500 just on light bill. No b say my salary increase.

This govt no get joy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Moyinoluwa35(f): 7:23am On Sep 18, 2020
This is Nigeria,
Where Cattleā€™s fly their terrorism flag,
Stumping on humtydumpty green white green.
-This is Nigeria
Where corrupt QWERTY and busy ******
Puts food on the table of unemployed youths.
-This is Nigeria
Where clerics find paradise on earth
Lo! followers live as church rats withal.
-This is Nigeria
Where Eve plotted against a serpent
Hm! Mrs Philomena and her fairytale animal.
-This is Nigeria
Where Sundays are full of bibles and Qurans,
Yet her body stinks in poo of immorality.
-This is Nigeria
Where the mace is a mess in her house
As senators sleeps and vacate seats in a hearing.
-This is Nigeria
Where in Nigeria
We are looking for Nigeria.
From between heaven and earth stand a perilous place
Where poverty kicked us on face
Tears stand as our drinks
Where hunger eat up our meals
Our pain is a poisonous laughter
Where sadness becomes our daily activities
Where hardship becomes our ambition
And sorrow our career
Still, we need to pledge to Nigeria

Blood, bone and oil,
Are the pedestal of earth
Where killing is a lifestyle
And ****** a hobby
Where humiliation becomes our take home
And misfortune our store-house
Where graduate works by the road-side
Where poverty is titillating and titivating before the mirror of our land
Yet we need to pledge to Nigeria

Pledge to Nigeria
Even when the birds refuses to sing,
When moon dims its light,
When our days turn into nights
When sun fails to shine
And flowers refuse to bloom
When life fails to give reasons
When dreams refuse to forgive
When the weep inside birth the smile outside
When tears wash hope from our sight
Nigeria must still be pledge to

I pledge to Nigeria
Not to be one if the ambassadors that sing the National Anthem with a teleprompter smiling at them in a shameful tears
I pledge not to be a naked masquerade dancing at the village square
I pledge to steal government money for the poor when I become the President
I pledge to be loyal and not betrayal
I pledge to fight off vices and calamities with my pen
If democracy must to end
I pledge to go crazy to stop it to the end
If civilization was to make us stupid
I pledge to swim in stupidity not to be civilised
I pledge, I pledge

2 Likes

Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by KfashionHubb: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2020
The IMF and World bank has taken over the economy. China has taken over the infrastructure.
Buhari is just herding cows and his boys are just looting the meagre resources left

6 Likes

Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Flexherbal(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2020
It is only in this country, you will be beaten and be told not to cry.

2 Likes

Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by decatalyst(m): 7:30am On Sep 18, 2020
Rich4god:
Good day all. I normally recharge my prepaid meter with about N2500 a month. I don't have much appliances at home, just fridge, TV sets and energy saver bulb. So yesterday after my units ran out, I decided to recharge. But I wanted to calculate the difference between the new tariff and the old one, so I recharged for N500.

Before the increase in tariff, I usually get about 24.86unit for N500, but yesterday after recharging, I got 8.43units... chai cry that's about 3times increase in tariff.

That means, in a month I will have to be spending about N7500 just on light bill. No b say my salary increase.

This govt no get joy.

It's really sad.

Hard times for salary and business owners.

For those that voted this government, those that did not, and those that didn't vote at all, we are in in together grin
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by FarahAideed: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2020
Rich4god:

This govt no get joy.

So you are just realising after almost two weeks ?
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by MarveworldNG: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2020
So sad that we are heading this way. No increase in minimum wage but cost of living is increased by the government
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by nkwuocha: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2020
I recharge any amount i like every month. undecided

The rest of light consuming gadgets dey on bypass tongue

I no go follow una suffer under government wey I no vote cool

1 Like

Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by nkwuocha: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2020
Rich4god:

This govt no get joy.

Bypass some light consuming gadgets na.
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Hoelujohn: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2020
Rich4god:

This govt no get joy.
Bypass the meter at by every evening and weekends grin
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Rich4god(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2020
FarahAideed:

So you are just realising after almost two weeks ?
Walahi... I been think say the increase go dey negligible.
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Rich4god(m): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2020
Hoelujohn:

Bypass the meter at by every evening and weekends grin
Our meter is outside the compound... Bypass will be noticeable.
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Rich4god(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
Flexherbal:
It is only in this country, you will be beaten and be told not to cry.
Seriously, our country is something else.
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
With N2500, I receive about 90 units before the increase in tariff. Yesterday, I got about 45 units with the same amount.

1 Like

Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
Rich4god:

This govt no get joy.
This GMB government nah one kin useless government. Prices of almost everything for Nigeria don rise by 100% yet salaries are not increasing
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Rich4god(m): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
Acidosis:

With N2500, I receive about 90 units before the increase in tariff. Yesterday, I got about 45 units with the same amount.
My brother... Your own is fair. Cos it's like 2x increment.
Re: Those With Prepaid Meter. How Much Difference Is You Bill Now. by Ntigha: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
ALERT! The poster I suspect must be an agent of power distribution companies.
1- By claiming he spends =N=2500 per month, he's trying to work on our mind " that afterall the payment was so small".
2. By claiming he now pays about =N=7000 ,he is still trying to work on our mind to believe that even with the increment the amount.isn't much.

Op if all u use in your apartment is a single light bulb pls let is know. Everyone knows that before the increment the minimum for an average or basic use of electricity in Nigeria is about =N=5,000 /7000.

And with the increment it ranges about =N=10000/12000.

With the proposed increment coming it is expected to rise to =N=30000/36000 for average or basic use.
We know that the parastatals like power distribution companies , telecomms, police, army all have social media agents like op on their paroll

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What if Biafra Gains Independence / What Will You Do For The Next 24 Hours If The World Is Ending Within 24 Hours? / Forgotten History Of Igbo Tribe And Northern Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.