Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari (234 Views)

Peter Obi: 2023 Will Be About Competence, Character, Commitment, Not Connection / My Commitment To Tinubu Is Total - Bayo Onanuga / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari by joelobi: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2020
Ahead of the Edo State governorship election on Saturday, President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said that his commitment to ensure free and fair elections would be futile if other actors are more focused on winning elections by all means than abiding by the rules.

President Buhari disclosed this in a message to political, voters and security personnel ahead of the Edo State poll where he urged actors in the election to allow the will of the people to prevail.

He said, “I am passionately committed to free and fair elections, but my commitment is not enough if other actors at ground zero refuse to abide by the rules.”

Buhari in a statement signed by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity stated, “I want to see democratic standards in the country raised higher at every level, but these cannot be achieved when politicians resort to do-or-die methods to gain power by any means or machination.

“The do-or-die mentality to politics is a threat to free and fair elections because the actors are more focused on winning than caring about a fair outcome that reflects the will of the people.”

He went on to urge electoral officials and security agents to maintain neutrality to ensure dree and credible elections and avoid action(s) capable of compromising the integrity of the elections.”

He reiterated that “conducting free and fair elections is one of my main concerns for our democracy, and I want this commitment to be one of the legacies I will leave behind when I depart office.”

This President’s address comes as the incumbent governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is set to test his strength at the poll against opposition candidate Osagie Ize-Iyamu who is running under the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Source: https://africannewstoday.com/politics/my-commitment-not-enough-to-guarantee-credible-election-buhari/

Re: My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari by chatinent: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2020
Sb else may care.
Re: My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari by OUTLAWwizard: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2020
News for Zombies. Commitment indeed! Believe this man at the detriment of the wisdom of your ancestors. He's got zero integrity.

Re: My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari by prowriterss: 11:07am On Sep 18, 2020
Story story
Re: My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2020
Chief dullard
Re: My Commitment Not Enough To Guarantee Credible Election – Buhari by MajesticKris: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2020
All Na Behind the scene...

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Blames INEC: Why Election In Rainy Season Since People Need Umbrella? / It’s Sad To See The Extent Of Destruction Caused By The Recent Rainstorm In Ilor / Analyst To PDP: Don’t Rejoice Yet, Obaseki May Return To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.