Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Edo Poll: My Reelection Not Worth Spilling Of Blood- Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Poll: My Reelection Not Worth Spilling Of Blood- Obaseki (166 Views)

70 Percent Of My Reelection Votes Were Delivered By Muslim Community - Makinde / Edo Poll: Oshiomole Assures Supporters Of Ize-Iyamu’s "Landslide Victory" / Tinubu Meets Buhari Over Ambode’s Reelection Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Poll: My Reelection Not Worth Spilling Of Blood- Obaseki by nairapark: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, have said his second term ambition is not worth spilling the blood of anyone.

Obaseki who is also a candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the coming Edo governorship election, specifically asked God to let him lose his re-election bid “if it will cost the blood of anybody.”

He reassured that the Saturday’s governorship election in the state would be peaceful and violence-free.

Obaseki who said this in a statement titled, ‘My reelection not worth spilling of blood – Obaseki’, and sent by Obaseki’s Special Assistant on Media, Crusoe Osagie quoted him speaking after a one-day prayer and fasting session for a peaceful election, organised by the Edo Christian Community for all the governorship candidates ahead of the election.

The governor noted that there was no need for any form of violence during the electioneering process and urged eligible voters to come out en masse without fear of intimidation or harassment.

Obaseki said, “Ordinarily, an election is supposed to be a contest where people go to sell their ideal, and citizens in their own free will go and vote for those ideals they believe in; it shouldn’t be one where people will do anything to get power.

“Election should not be one in which we shed blood because the election will always come. If you die in an election, you will not be there in the next one to vote. So, there is no need for violence.

“It’s unfortunate that where we are today we are all afraid that there will be trouble, that there will be crisis and violence but by the grace of God, we will all come out and vote and there won’t be any bloodshed.

“There is no need for any violence and if anybody decides to act in a violent manner just walk away because our lives are very precious. I have a covenant with God; if it will cost the blood of anybody for me to get into power, he should not let me have power.” The statement concluded.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1600442906/edo-poll-reelection-not-worth-spilling-blood

Re: Edo Poll: My Reelection Not Worth Spilling Of Blood- Obaseki by amuwo1980: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Wao this man is a man of peace this much ? Am impressed .
Re: Edo Poll: My Reelection Not Worth Spilling Of Blood- Obaseki by solmus: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Who one spill him blood for you sef?
Re: Edo Poll: My Reelection Not Worth Spilling Of Blood- Obaseki by SmartProf(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2020
GEJ has inspired u well. But I suspect that terms and conditions may apply in this your statement, should APC decide to change the rules & misbehave.

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election: 5 Key Elements That “helped” Obaseki Win! / Centre Commends Nigeria’s Progress On Peace Despite Threats / For Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.