Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code (9818 Views)

There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code – Osinbajo / Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate / There’s Need To Adequately Fund NASS — Saraki, Dogara, Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by themomentng: 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2020
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says the Federal Government needs to revisit the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) amendment of the broadcasting code.
Osinbajo said this on Friday during a session with Nick Clegg, vice-president of Facebook’s policy and communication.

The code, which has stirred a lot of controversy, seeks to regulate content exclusivity, enforce content sharing and empower the NBC to determine prices at which content is sold to sub-licensees by rights holders.

Also, the fine for hate speech has been increased from N500,000 to N5 million.
Osinbajo said there is need to take a second look at the code so as not to “stifle the work of hardworking, creative people”.

“The NBC code is one where the is now activity around trying to take a second look at it. Those who say that it is pro-competition, it is one I think we should take a second look at,” Osinbajo said.
“Basically, it says if you have a licenced product for TV, you’re expected to share it with other platforms. It’s one which I understand the argument of those who say this is a violation of copyright and intellectual property which is a very strong point and this is why I think we have to take a second look at it and see whether there are ways of moderating it to be more acceptable so as not stifle the work of very very hardworking, creative people.”

Ikra Aliyu Bilbis, chairman of the NBC board, had accused Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, of amended the country’s broadcasting code “unilaterally” without involving relevant stakeholders.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-theres-need-to-take-another-look-at-amended-nbc-code-says-osinbajo/amp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by solmus: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
Before NBC guidelines could be changed there must be stakeholders meeting, Lai Mohammed can't just change the guidelines without recourse to anyone

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by BERNIMOORE: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
God.bless you Mr Vice president

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by IamWonderful: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
A refined gentleman and amazing impeccable president in the making

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by yanabasee1(m): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
Those people that signed it in the first place will do everything to twart his efforts....
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Racoon(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
It was grossly irresponsible of Lai Mohammed to single handedly sign that satanic bill.

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by naiirablog: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2020
Niger Politicians. .Reminds me of the man called Osho.

Now, it came to pass, In that period when men chose their rulers, after the reign of Lucky the son of Igbenedion. A certain man arose from the mount of Auchi whose name was Adams the son of Osho.

It was he was he who was the chief of the publicans and a leader of labour. Later he had become Governor over all the province. And adams abode as governor for eight years in Edo.

Behold, During his reign, the man Adams had excelled in speech and utterred many fierce and lofty words.

And his oration was honey and wine to the hearts of the people.

He ruled the city with a mighty hand and prophesied with a loud voice unto the four walls of the cities; the North, the South, East and West, saying;

“Woe unto the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchists, to the men who have exalted themselves over this city as gods over men. “Again i say woe onto them. “For as the day wipeth out the night, I Adams the son of Osho, shall flush out their reigns, and seize their loincloth.

“With a heavy rod shall i chase them out, and they shall run. I shall break their brass gates, and set their iron bars asunder. And it was so.
That at the end of the Eight year, wherefore Oshomole was to complete his reign, a man called Godwin the son of Obaseki had exalted himself saying ” I will be Governor.
At the same time, Iyamu the son of Ize had also exalted himself and said i will be Governor.

Adams had looked up the face of Obaseki and took his hand and kissed it and spake with a voice saying “Fear not, for i am with you, oh thy faithful servant, I shall bear you upon my wings, thy mouth shall speak good tidings, and in my stead thou shalt reign.

And it came to pass, that when the due season for contest came. Adams and Obaseki went together in one accord, to the outskirts of the cities to the tabernacles, to the villages, and to every field.

Lo, Oshomole had held his companions hand saying with a loud voice;

“Oh cities of Edo hear ye my counsel, Oh land of my inheritance bear thy comrade’s witness, for this is the man whom thou shall vote for a faithful and just man!
“Begone from the man Iyamu for he is vain and double faced.
Cast not thy votes for him for his mouth is slack.
Ye! He has put on the loincloth of a saint but his heart is darker than widow’s ash.
Withdraw your firstborne sons, from him, for he dines in the devil’s cult.
Withdraw thy daughters, for he is a deformer!

And it came to pass that many people had hearkened unto the voice of Osho the son of Adams.

And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had be crowned governor to reign in Osho’s stead.

Then one day....

Check my Sig for the rest.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by gbaskiboy: 6:27am On Sep 19, 2020
Hate speech brought Buhari and his co liars to the power, but they hates it when people criticise them over their incompetency, failure and misuse of power. They quick to impose hate speech to avoid being criticised by the public. All I know Buhari and his cohorts are failure.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Yommi708: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2020
A REVOLUTIONARY global firm that provides a wide range of financial services. We hold your hand through the lnvestment process and guide you each step of the way.includes interests across foreign exchange,crypto(BTC , ETH) trading, transportation..
You have total control over your investments..We believe in the creation of multiple income streams for sustainable wealth.

Interact also with admin on the support mail available 24hrs

WEBSITE ON MY SIGNATURE
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Slawormir: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by ossaisly(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2020
cry
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2020
Good developments

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Chisinau: 6:29am On Sep 19, 2020
cool
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:30am On Sep 19, 2020
Stupid fake pastor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Enudapan: 6:30am On Sep 19, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:30am On Sep 19, 2020
post=94070522:
Ok

SHUT UP!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by appishani1(m): 6:31am On Sep 19, 2020
I love this man to become our presdor. if Yoruba will sit down and all support this man not tinubu, even the north we will support him. or else we go for ATIKU.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:31am On Sep 19, 2020
post=94070522:
Ok

I heard vultures are now very cheap in Makurdi
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by MelesZanawi: 6:32am On Sep 19, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
Stupid fake pastor!
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:32am On Sep 19, 2020
appishani1:
I love this man to become our presdor. if Yoruba will sit down and all support this man not tinubu, even the north we will support him. or else we go for ATIKU.

Fake useless pastor will be the president of oduduwa

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:32am On Sep 19, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:
Stupid fake pastor!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by MelesZanawi: 6:33am On Sep 19, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

I heard vultures are now very cheap in Makurdi

Yes. Igbos have a superstition that their ancestors transform into vultures, that is why they worship vultures.

Better don't go and buy your grandfather in Makurdi thinking you are buying vulture.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:33am On Sep 19, 2020
post=94070525:

By GOD'S GRACE.
INSHA ALLAH,

He will be our President come 20[/b]23.
A great man he is.
Continuity is all we wbtin our darling nation.
Lowkey, God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

KEEP SHUT THERE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Houstency(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2020
Some Urchins paid to support all actions of the government of the day are trying to spin the narratives, now the V.P isn't fully in support of the said NBC code. Double standards and hypocrisy in full glare.
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by dalass(f): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2020
angry

They don start again..... You are not allowed to speak against tyrants and tyranny... undecided
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by appishani1(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

the hatred is real bro

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Yes. Igbos have a superstition that their ancestors transform into vultures, that is why they worship vultures.

Better don't go and buy your grandfather in Makurdi thinking you are buying vulture.

SHUT UP!
YOU'RE AN IGNORAMUS
Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by MelesZanawi: 6:36am On Sep 19, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

If someone in the calibre of Osinbajo rules a single state in Igboland, the life of all Igbos in the entire Alaigbo would be better. Look at the misfits ruling Igboland.

Sister Ugwuanyi
Willie the drunk
Ikpeazu the kerosene dispenser
Uzodinma
Umahi the fighter, always fighting other igbo states.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code by Seventy7kings: 6:36am On Sep 19, 2020
Our own STARBOY

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taraba: Suntai May Be Flown-In Next Week / Will You Be Proud to fly Nigerian Colour Today / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $27.2bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.