Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Issues With My Ride After Fixing. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With My Ride After Fixing. (3562 Views)

Man Spotted Fixing A Faulty Cab In Motion In Lagos: Video / Who Can Help Piimp My Ride? / I Want To love-vendor My Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Hello fellas!

I don come with my wahala again, but that's the life of a first timer taking care of this wahala called car.

Well I successfully put my ride back in shape but here are issues I'm now facing:

1. My MIL(check engine) light was previously blinking anytime I drive, but after some mechanical works today, it has stayed put any time I'm driving. I browsed the internet for some info and found out a faulty airflow meter usually causes it. Actually a part of my airflow meter is broken anyway due to the accident, which makes the car make noise like trailer.

Was told an airflow meter goes for about 10k, bear in mind I reside in Taraba state.

2. Anytime I drive, my drive D keeps blinking, even after refilling the transmission oil with 1L of transmission oil, as i saw on the net as well that it's the commonest cause of a blinking D on the dashboard. Wetin una think?

3. Sometimes the car goes off itself while driving yesterday, and was diagnosed today as one of the plugs being faulty. Had the whole 3 of the front plugs changed today and it hasn't gone off itself since then. But there's this low sound it makes while it's on idle, as if it wants to go off, before going back to it's normal sound again. This sounds is worsened anytime I switch on my AC. Make una epp me check am out!

4. Finally the Brake light keeps showing, despite the Brake working perfectly. This is giving me serious concern as the info I got on the net says it means the brake isn't working as it's supposed to. Checked the "master slender" as they called it for the brake oil, and saw the brake oil is reduced. Yet to top it up, but I go still like know weda anything apart from brake oil fit cause am, to be prepared before hand.

Thank ya'll for the comments in my previous post. Abeg make una epp me put mouth for this one too ooo!

Nagode soose!

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Promxy94(m): 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
PaulH07:
Hello fellas!

I don come with my wahala again, but that's the life of a first time taking care of this wahala called car.

Well I successfully put my ride back in shape but here are issues I'm now facing:

1. My MIL(check engine) was previously blinking anytime I drive, but after some mechanic works today, it has stayed put any time in driving. I browsed the internet for some info and found out a faulty airflow meter usually causes it. Actually a part of my airflow meter seems broken anyway. Which makes the car make noise like trailer.

Was told an airflow meter goes for about 10k, bear in mind I reside in Taraba state.

2. Anytime I drive, my drive "grin" keeps blinking, even after refilling the transmission oil with 1L- as i saw on the net as well that it's the commonest cause of a blinking "grin" on the dashboard. Wetin una think?

3. Sometimes the car goes off itself while driving yesterday, and was diagnosed today as one of the plugs being faulty. Had the whole 3 of the front plugs changed today and it hasn't gone off itself since then. But there's this low sound it makes while it's on idle, as if it wants to go off, before going back to it's normal sound again. Make una epp me check am out!

4. Finally the Brake light keeps showing, despite the Brake working perfectly. This is giving me serious concern as I've checked that it means the brake isn't working as it's supposed to. Checked the "master slender" as they called it for the brake oil, and saw the brake oil is reduced. Yet to top it up, but I go still like know weda anything apart from brake oil fit cause, to he prepared before hand.

Thank ya'll for the comments in my previous post. Abeg make una epp me put mouth for this one too ooo!

Nagode soose!

For brake please top up the brake fluid.

Once my camry fluid is low it shows brake sign on dashboard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
Promxy94:

Thanks man. Would do that that 1st thing 2mao smiley
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by buygala(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
Promxy94:

He should also check all his brake light bulbs...a burnt Brake light bulb illuminates the dashboard brake warning light in my Honda DC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2020
buygala:

He should also check all his brake light bulbs...a burnt Brake light bulb illuminates the dashboard brake warning light in my Honda DC

Thanks a lot boss! smiley
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
PaulH07:
Hello fellas!

I don come with my wahala again, but that's the life of a first timer taking care of this wahala called car.

1. My MIL(check engine) light was previously blinking anytime I drive, but after some mechanical works today, it has stayed put any time I'm driving. I browsed the internet for some info and found out a faulty airflow meter usually causes it. Actually a part of my airflow meter is broken anyway due to the accident, which makes the car make noise like trailer.

2. Anytime I drive, my drive D keeps blinking, even after refilling the transmission oil with 1L of transmission oil, as i saw on the net as well that it's the commonest cause of a blinking D on the dashboard. Wetin una think?

3. Sometimes the car goes off itself while driving yesterday, and was diagnosed today as one of the plugs being faulty. Had the whole 3 of the front plugs changed today and it hasn't gone off itself since then. But there's this low sound it makes while it's on idle, as if it wants to go off, before going back to it's normal sound again. This sounds is worsened anytime I switch on my AC. Make una epp me check am out!

4. Finally the Brake light keeps showing, despite the Brake working perfectly. This is giving me serious concern as the info I got on the net says it means the brake isn't working as it's supposed to. Checked the "master slender" as they called it for the brake oil, and saw the brake oil is reduced. Yet to top it up, but I go still like know weda anything apart from brake oil fit cause am, to be prepared before hand.

Nagode soose!

your car is being scanned with a basic scanner or its just guess work

1 MIL but stay on (as indication that something is wrong) therefore you need to pull out the code through scanning

2 Forget about what you browsed, aslong browsed with a specific code you are at the mess of all DIY information on the internet, yes part of air flow meter is busted but let a code direct easily that browsing blind

3 Blinking of D is specifically something to do with gearbox, get it scanned with a right scanner that can scan your gearbox module aka brainbox of the gearbox

4 As for the brake sign check all relatent parts see if there are ok then clear it and see if it pop up again

1 Like

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by chukel(m): 12:38am On Sep 19, 2020
For problem 1. It means you were driving your car with a serious misfire before the accident. Probably from the coils. I'm sure you do not know the part they call airflow meter. Go and scan that car.
Problem number 2. You drive a Honda. Honda is very sensitive to choice of transmission fluid. What did you put there. Hope not abro or seahorse. Get it scanned.
Problem 3. Idle may the low. There may be a vacuum leak. Scan the car
Problem 4. By brake light, you mean brake symbol on instrument cluster? Make sure ur hand brake is fully released. Take this car to a proper technician. You are killing it already.

2 Likes

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 3:08am On Sep 19, 2020
chukel:
For problem 1. It means you were driving your car with a serious misfire before the accident. Probably from the coils. I'm sure you do not know the part they call airflow meter. Go and scan that car.
Problem number 2. You drive a Honda. Honda is very sensitive to choice of transmission fluid. What did you put there. Hope not abro or seahorse. Get it scanned.
Problem 4. By brake light, you mean brake symbol on instrument cluster? Make sure ur hand brake is fully released. Take this car to a proper technician. You are killing it already.

Hmmmm...can I get a proper technician come to Jalingo from Abuja

I have this feeling I'm actually killing the car, and the mechanics just dey use my car learn work ooo...
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 3:34am On Sep 19, 2020
Change the engine
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 8:51am On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:
Change the engine

Hmmm...hope you're not experimenting your username with me?

3 Likes

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 9:19am On Sep 19, 2020
PaulH07:

I'm serious

Ask Gazzus for more
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:

I'm serious

Ask Gazzus for more

How did you reach your final conclusion with the information I put above?
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2020
PaulH07:

How did you reach your final conclusion with the information I put above?

I mean since the car already have many issues and the engine is like the Brian holding all this issues together

Don't you think the brain or engine is the cause of the issues?

Changing it ones and for all will help solve the issues and others in future

My brother and friend, a word is enough for the wise

If you need good engine recommendations for the ride send me a pm

I have friends in Ladipo

400-500k should get you a good engine

This is the best and cheapest solution
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:

I mean since the car already have many issues and the engine is like the Brian holding all this issues together

I have friends in Ladipo

A blown gasket is what the mechanic said is the problem.
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Kingdemu: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2020
Pls scan that car. And what type of transmission fluid did you use?
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2020
PaulH07:

A blown gasket is what the mechanic said is the problem.

Change the mechanic and follow what I tell you
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by speedfreak(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
PaulH07:
Hello fellas!

Nagode soose!
Good day bro, So sorry about the accident,congrats on fixing the car up
For no 1. Forget the internet,get the car to the nearest mechanic and have it scanned,CEL could mean a lot of things not just MAF
For number 2. What oil was used in replacing the drained fluid? Not to be spoilsport but if anything other than DW-1 was used please prepare to replace the entire gearbox that j30 is very unforgiving when it comes to gearbox maintenance? Try draining and replacing with the recommended Honda DW-1 ATF
For number 3. You might want to adjust the idle control,just take it to your mechanic and ask them to increase your “slow”. If that doesn’t work then have the car scanned
For number 4, check all your brake lamps,brake pads and hydraulic
NB.
These are just suggestions coming from a fellow eod owner,your mechanics advise and expertise is still paramount.
Hope all goes well,been following this car since purchase would very much like to prove the Honda naysayers wrong on this one.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by captainking(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:

I have friends in Ladipo

You are not a serious fellow shaa... A true time waster I.. You go about car talk advising people to Change engine for little issues... And you are saying 400k to 500k will change the engine of this Honda accord... Fear God o..

1 Like

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
captainking:

You are not a serious fellow shaa... A true time waster I.. You go about car talk advising people to Change engine for little issues... And you are saying 400k to 500k will change the engine of this Honda accord... Fear God o..

Be whining yourself

The reason why I hate dishing out free advice

Peace out
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by captainking(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:

Be whining yourself

The reason why I hate dishing out free advice

Peace out
Your free advice is not needed.. How can eod engine be 400k to 500k...
Chiaaa
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
captainking:

Your free advice is not needed.. How can eod engine be 400k to 500k...
Chiaaa

That's a Civic not an EOD

what's even wrong with you

Besides the eod engine can be trimmed and fitted into the civic engine

I hope you have a car before engaging me in an argument

I wonder why they let kids into this forum
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by captainking(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:

That's a Civic not an EOD

what's even wrong with you

Besides the eod engine can be trimmed and fitted into the civic engine

I hope you have a car before engaging me in an argument

I wonder why they let kids into this forum
Are you normal at all... So you cannot differentiate simple eod from civic... Any one that takes car advice from you is doomed for 600 years...

How can you call an eod a civic...

I have used 3 Honda cars... With the last Honda car being an eod 05...so you know.. Am not a novice that goes round dishing out time wasting and ill advice like you ...
Chiaaaa...
Op... Please ignore him o... His moniker says it all....

Or.. Is this car the civic you produced in your bedroom
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by captainking(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Ignore that timewaster guy... Are you gonna take advise from someone that can't differentiate eod from civic

1 Like

Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
captainking:

Ignore that timewaster guy... Are you gonna take advise from someone that can't differentiate eod from civic

Choi!
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by PaulH07: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
speedfreak:

Good day bro, So sorry about the accident,congrats on fixing the car up
For no 1. Forget the internet,get the car to the nearest mechanic and have it scanned,CEL could mean a lot of things not just MAF
For number 2. What oil was used in replacing the drained fluid? Not to be spoilsport but if anything other than DW-1 was used please prepare to replace the entire gearbox that j30 is very unforgiving when it comes to gearbox maintenance? Try draining and replacing with the recommended Honda DW-1 ATF
For number 3. You might want to adjust the idle control,just take it to your mechanic and ask them to increase your “slow”. If that doesn’t work then have the car scanned
For number 4, check all your brake lamps,brake pads and hydraulic
NB.
These are just suggestions coming from a fellow eod owner,your mechanics advise and expertise is still paramount.
Hope all goes well,been following this car since purchase would very much like to prove the Honda naysayers wrong on this one.
Cheers

Hmmm, thanks a lot bro, but I've not heard about those abbreviations you put up oh before.
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
chukel:

where did you pick up a misfire from his post ?
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
PaulH07:

Choi!
That guy don't know a car
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
captainking:

Are you normal at all... So you cannot differentiate simple eod from civic... Any one that takes car advice from you is doomed for 600 years...

How can you call an eod a civic...

I have used 3 Honda cars... With the last Honda car being an eod 05...so you know.. Am not a novice that goes round dishing out time wasting and ill advice like you ...
Chiaaaa...
Op... Please ignore him o... His moniker says it all....

Or.. Is this car the civic you produced in your bedroom

I wish gazzus will see you displaying your ignorance
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by captainking(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timewaster:

I wish gazzus will see you displaying your ignorance
Gazzuzz is actually reading this and laughing cos you are wasting my time as implied....timewaster
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by chukel(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

where did you pick up a misfire from his post ?
did you read my post or you just jumped out to criticise. When you have check engine light flashing, what does it mean?
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by Timewaster: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
captainking:

Gazzuzz is actually reading this and laughing cos you are wasting my time as implied....timewaster

What are you talking about

That's a civic with an EOD body

What's a wrong with all this beer Palor NAiraland Mechanic
Re: Issues With My Ride After Fixing. by ksmart027(m): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
captainking:

Bros, i can see you get time to waste.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice Needed On Getting A BMW E60 530i 2005 And A Toyota Camry 2009 Mode / The Hook-up Part II - Lagos Meets Ibadan / Single Exhaust Vs Double Exhaust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.