Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta (1492 Views)

Nigerian Man Honored In USA For Saving Kids' Lives / Nigerian Man With 58 Wives, 300 Children, Wants More Kids / Mr Cork Is In 9ja, Refresh A Page 3 Times In, N Watch Cork Go On And Off 5 Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by riyageh(f): 4:37am On Feb 27, 2011
A Nigerian man, Maximillian Ezimora, has been arrested in Atlanta after shooting his wife, Uchenna Ezimora, five times. The wife, described by a source as a hard working registered nurse in the Atlanta area, survived the shooting and is currently hospitalized. SaharaReporters was unable to ascertain her condition.

Mr. Ezimora, who reportedly hails from Adazi, Anambra State, is being held in Fulton County jail in Atlanta. He is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of firearms while committing a felony.

The couple owns a business, Maxing Groceries, on Fletcher Street in Atlanta. SaharaReporters learnt that the business license is in Mrs. Ezimora’s name.

Why has this become the new trend in the US? It seems to be increasing? Who is at fault, the man or woman, and how can we stop this?
Your thoughts please.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by solidifi: 8:51am On Feb 27, 2011
I have heard and read with great dismay, news and stories Naija men shooting and stabbing their wives to death. Man, this's becoming embarrassing & ridiculous. Anyway, to your question, let me start by saying that these are examples of marriages of convenience, and not the ones built on love. Our ladies are the cause. I've seen and heard of naija ladies jilting their fiances/boy friends to marry another guy just because he's in the US. Secondly, some of these ladies were pick from the "grass", when they now feel they landed in the "grace", they turn to tigers, because as RNs (according to them) they're now making Bleep'g money more than their husbands. My advice, this's not proper for them not to be submissive, and to the men, is not a license to kill, it's painful I know, considering the type of work you do over there. Be a man, seek for divorce and get away from the strong arm of the law, and GOD.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by InkedNerd(f): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2011
Wtf? Submissive? Ummm, when did women become animals?
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 27, 2011
Hmmm, so lack of submission equals murder? Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by solidifi: 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2011
Inked Nerd my dear, women are not animals. They're vital part of men. But they're commanded by their Maker to be submissive.

No matter what a woman is, her husband is her head, except you don't believe God's word. When a wife loves money more than her husband, what manner of wife is she. Is better not to enter into the marriage institution at all, because you'll be the 1st graduate of this great institution.
Let's be objective & factual here, bias & sentiments apart.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2011
@ Solidifi I agree with you on some about women needing to submit to their husbands however that is in no way a reason or justification for murder. Its like saying its a theft victims fault for tempting the thief with his nice car! The perpetrator of any crime has the blame, there are other Nigerian men whose wives do not submit to them and they do not go around killing them just like there are women whose husbands are perpetual cheats but you don't see them shooting their husbands. By the way when God commanded wives to submit to their husbands he also commanded husbands to love their wives, I wonder how you kill someone you "love". The thruth is there is more to such crimes that simple fights between husband and wife which occurs in every marriage. Such men probably have a tendency towards violence and anger issues coupled with the easier access to guns in the west
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by solidifi: 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2011
Tatiana009, lack of submissiveness is not equal to murder, and cannot be. Read the advice in my post very well. And do not make room for the devil to operate.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2011
@ Solidifi, the poster asked a simple question, who is to blame? And you said the women( the victims) and went on to state their lack of submission as the reason. Now even though you went on to say men should not think this excuses murder, the point is that in its self is wrong. When a crime is committed the person at fault is the perpetrator. By the way you should learn to discuss with people with different opinions without bringing in the devil. I don't know why some people need to bring the devil into everything even a simple discussion! i think you should take your own advice and not let him operate in your life and speech
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by 190: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2011
Instead of me shooting my wife

i rather shook bottle in her nyash undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by mmeri: 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2011
Sad story though but real.
There is no reason for a man to lift his hand, lest shoot his wife.
My advice if you harbor this thought is to, just drop it. I tell you, it is not worth it and the society will judge you terribly if you commit the act.
I agree that a women should submit but the realities in modern time is that both parties must be committed to make it work.
It is time that men begin to shed some of their ego. If your wife out-ran you economically then adopt diplomacy. Period!
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by solidifi: 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2011
tatiana009,
I'm entitled to my own opinion. Air your views, and possibly proffer solution(s) to this problem @ hand as others did, and stop attacking someone's piece of mind.

I reiterate, I never supported and 'll never support such barbaric, devilish, cannibalistic, uncultured, unmanly act.
Tanx.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2011
I have moved on already, please do the same
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by InkedNerd(f): 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2011
tatiana009:

Hmmm, so lack of submission equals murder? Na wa o

I was thinking the same thing. No amount of lack of submission should result in anyone killing their spouse, whether its the husband killing the wife and the wife killing the husband.

mmeri:

Sad story though but real.
There is no reason for a man to lift his hand, lest shoot his wife.
My advice if you harbor this thought is to, just drop it. I tell you, it is not worth it and the society will judge you terribly if you commit the act.
I agree that a women should submit but the realities in modern time is that both parties must be committed to make it work.
It is time that men begin to shed some of their ego. If your wife out-ran you economically then adopt diplomacy.  Period!

I agree. A lot of these men stupidly cling onto their ego as if it were the end of the world.

solidifi:

Inked Nerd my dear, women are not animals. They're vital part of men. But they're commanded by their Maker to be submissive.

No matter what a woman is, her husband is her head, except you don't believe God's word. When a wife loves money more than her husband, what manner of wife is she. Is better not to enter into the marriage institution at all, because you'll be the 1st graduate of this great institution.
Let's be objective & factual here, bias & sentiments apart.  

My belief or lack of in God is not the subject matter or this topic. Even if a wife loves money, it not any reason to justify such actions.
tatiana009:

@ Solidifi, the poster asked a simple question, who is to blame? And you said the women( the victims) and went on to state their lack of submission as the reason. Now even though you went on to say men should not think this excuses murder, the point is that in its self is wrong. When a crime is committed the person at fault is the perpetrator. By the way you should learn to discuss with people with different opinions without bringing in the devil. I don't know why some people need to bring the devil into everything even a simple discussion! i think you should take your own advice and not let him operate in your life and speech

Yes indeed, it so annoying to talk to someone on Nairaland without them turning it into some sort of Biblical war. I don't understand why Africans always seem to have a need to assert their religious beliefs on others.

solidifi:

tatiana009,
I'm entitled to my own opinion. Air your views, and possibly proffer solution(s) to this problem @ hand as others did, and stop attacking someone's piece of mind.

I reiterate, I never supported and 'll never support such barbaric, devilish, cannibalistic, uncultured, unmanly act.
Tanx.

I don't think tatiana009 was telling you that you shouldn't be entitled to your opinion. I think what she was tryin to say was that you can talk to people without always throwing God in their face.

And what does cannibalism have to do with the article?
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife 5 Times In Atlanta by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
Poverty has been the major cause of this problem. If Nigerians had the life white folks had from time immemorial some things happening today would have been barely seen.

There nothing else that gives a married Nigerian man more insecurity than when he's wife is handling critical positions in the family.

(1) (Reply)

Survey On Nairaland Women / Pharmaceutical Society Of Nig,defends Pharmacist Involved In Cynthias Death / Best Way To Ship A Package To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.