Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

"My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? (9527 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / My Penis Is Getting Small - Help! / My Penis Is Getting Softer Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:15am On Sep 19, 2020
Good morning, today I shall be teaching us on this. It has pleased God who has shown us mercy to be using our knowledge to help People.

By God's grace these teachings will be coming as often as God gives us grace and chance.

Motto: "That you may be healthy, because I'm your doctor"

Topic : Why is my son's penis bent downwards, Urinates from the underside

You just noticed that your son has the opening of his penis on the underside instead of the tip of the penis. Your son may have hypospadias. 

Hypospadias is a medical condition that presents with the opening of the penis located on the underside of the penis instead of the tip. 

Some present with just the opening on the downside of penis, while some in addition to that,  have their penis curved downwards. 

Hypospadias is usually noticed in children less than one year

1 Like

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2020
‏‏
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2020
What are the causes of Hypospadias

There is no known particular cause of hypospadias. But it’s noticed to be associated with underfunctioning of the testes or there is resistance of the action of testosterone. 

In other words, it has to do with the hormone testosterone. Either the testes have problem and are not producing enough or the ones being produced are not working, do one thing or the other

Image credit: mayoclinic.org

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2020
Symptoms of Hypospadias

Hole in the underside of the penis
Leaking of urine
Absence of one or two testes (not a constant feature) 
Always withdrawing to urinate in hiding. This is because it makes him feel bad when people see how he urinates. 
Wetting of himself with urine
The penis curving inwards 

Note: the opening can be in any place under the penis.

Image credit : nature.Com

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2020
Wow
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2020
What is the treatment of hypospadias
TREATMENT is repair of the penis by surgery. The hole in the underside will be closed and a fresh opening constructed in the tip of the penis. The doctors specializing in this area are Paediatric Surgeons. Your doctor will refer you appropriately. 

Image credit : urologyhealth.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2020
How common is hole in the underside of the penis?

It occurs in about 1 in 300 males. Commoner in whites than in blacks. Very common in Jews and Italians . So it's actually very common. Don't think too far. It's near us. lol.

It is higher in children born through In Vitro fertilization (IVF). 
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by BigEcommerce: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2020
I don learn today

1 Like

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2020
When to see your doctor

Your child has an opening in the underside of the penis instead of the tip. 
The penis is curved downwards 
He wets himself 
He has a scrotal swelling or pain
The two testes are not in the scrotum. 
The penis is small
Once you notice any of these,  do not hesitate to inform your doctor.
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Odoctor(m): 10:35am On Sep 19, 2020
Conclusion

What is the essence of this message?
It is simple: Knowledge is power. Hypospadias is common. When you see it in your son, it is not spiritual, it is not abomination, it's a simple anomaly. And it's a simple job for paediatric surgeons.

Source:
https://odoctor.ng/why-is-my-sons-penis-curved-downwards/

Reference:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482122/

Thank you for your audience. Please you can support this movement by making a donation. Check my signature.
Accept the assurances of my highest regard.

Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, rocktation,

9 Likes

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by JOACHINpedro: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Interesting piece
But this should be in the health section Odoctor
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by olapitan83789: 10:47am On Sep 19, 2020
What is the therapy of hypospadias Image loan : urologyhealth.org
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by fati2001(m): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2020
thanks.
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Kabir5643(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
Reading this made me feel uncomfortable

I was just shifting anyhow

2 Likes

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by mytime24(f): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by luscioustrish(f): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thankfully it can be corrected smiley

1 Like

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by GerraMeh74(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
Oshey Odoctor correct guy...... Keep more of this coming.. God bless you big time.
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Markmarcus87: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
My Son has this and I’m very worried. I live in the UK and the doctors have said its not a big deal. He already had the first round of surgery last year to straighten the penis and should have the second round to put the hole in the correct place if not for covid that’s now caused all non emergency surgery to be postponed indefinitely. He’s just 3 years and 3 months old.
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by TheCork(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
Odoctor:

Good morning, today I shall be teaching us on this. It has pleased God who has shown us mercy to be using our knowledge to help People.

By God's grace these teachings will be coming as often as God gives us grace and chance.

Motto: "That you may be healthy, because I'm your doctor"

Topic : Why is my son's penis bent downwards, Urinates from the underside

Bro . Juss Show Zzor from nairaland his prikkk... her speciality is prikkk. She cures priiikks!! (Truss me) cheesy
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thanks for this, highly enlightening, never knew it exists.

1 Like

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
Funny enough this thing has one great advantage. i.e swimming raw grin condoms won't be necessary.

Seriously? Did you read it at all?

1 Like

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Vyzz: 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thank Master God for my Johnny
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Elvictor: 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
this is serious
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by SaintOpzy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
A ma ri nkan
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by DRPAIT123(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
correct doc, Lil dicky Also has Hypospadias in the series ' Dave', that's actually my first time of hearing the term.
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by JOACHINpedro: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Seriously? Did you read it at all?
Yes dear...
But we thank God it can be corrected

You can delete mention now
Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Biglittlelois(f): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
JOACHINpedro:

Yes dear...
But we thank God it can be corrected

You can delete mention now

No I won't, I want people to see your ridiculousness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Son Penis Is Curved Down, Urinates From The Underside"? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Nice one Sir!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For February 4 2021 In Nigeria / World Pharmacy Day: Simplifying Your Medicines Use, No Matter How Complex. / Fibroid. Is There Really A Herbal Cure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.