Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Incorruptible Col Adekunle Fajuyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Incorruptible Col Adekunle Fajuyi (202 Views)

Oyebanji Restates Call On FG To Immortalize Late Col Adekunle Fajuyi / ‘Happy Birthday To My Incorruptible GMB’ – Aisha Buhari Calls Husband ‘General’ / Col. Ibrahim Sakaba's Wife Issues Ultimatum To The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Incorruptible Col Adekunle Fajuyi by Gainman: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2020
When Col Francis Adekunle Fajuyi's immediate elder sister went to meet him(Fajuyi) in Ibadan, the headquarters of the western region, she took the opportunity to register a company so she could lobby for contracts from government.
When the Western region Governor, Col Adekunle, returned later that day from the office, they exchanged pleasantries and the big sister went ahead to show the kid brother the certificate of registration of her new company. Col Adekunle's mood changed immediately! He asked,
"What is this? Is this why you came from Ado Ekiti to this place? Do you want to soil my name? The thing we want to eradicate, you want me to have a hand in it? You will be going about getting contracts from the ministries? No way, you cannot do that!’
Then he tore the paper and went upstairs. The sister broke down in tear.
Col Fajuyi was an incorruptible soldier who became governor of old Western Region in January, 1966, and sent words to Ekiti to stop the building of his house, which was at foundation level on Textile Road in a place called Onimosoyin in Ado-Ekiti, because the ethics of public service demands that you do not acquire anything during service. He never had a personal house when he died.
Col Adekunle Fajuyi's "native intelligence" was legendary. Some British men came to have a meeting with Fajuyi and the Secretary to the government of Western region, Pa Odumosu, because they wanted to site an industry in Ibadan. At a point, the British requested to see Col Fajuyi privately, so Pa Odumosu was asked to leave. They wanted to bribe him!. The gave him huge cash and they left. Then Fajuyi called pa Odumosu and said the British brought "our money" and he said he collected the money from them because "it was part of our money." He then instructed him to pay the money into the government’s treasury.
Col Adekunle Francis Fajuyi was an embodiment of courage and unalloyed loyalty. Suicidal loyalty!. When the head of state, Agonyi Ironsi went to Ibadan on official visit and gunshots were heard in the dead of the night, both the host and the guest were taken aback by the ugly development.
The government house had been surrounded by soldiers of northern extraction in a COUNTER-COUP. In their pyjamas, Fajuyi and Ironsi went to the Governor's office to make calls for reinforcements. Then Ironsi asked Fajuyi,
"But you assured me yesterday that I was safe in your territory".
"Yes, I thought you were safe. I didn’t know anything. I didn’t hear anything. But don’t worry, the two of us will stay together. Go and dress up and I will dress up. Anything that will happen will happen to the two of us." Fajuyi replied.
The invaders broke in and before they saw the Head of State, they told Fajuyi;
‘Give us Ironsi, we want Ironsi. Give us Ironsi, we want Ironsi.’
Fajuyi stood his grounds and replied;
‘No, you cannot take him, he is my guest. Why didn’t you take him in Lagos or elsewhere? You cannot take him here. If you are taking him, then take me along"
Gallant, brave and outstanding soldier, Col Adekunle Fajuyi put his own life on the line to defend his guest and even when he was told they only wanted Ironsi, he stood by his guest and died with him.
He was just 40 year-old when he took a bullet for his friend. Fajuyi was survived by aged parents and very young children. His heartbroken father died shortly thereafter.
Share this post!
Honor this Hero!

#copied
Re: Incorruptible Col Adekunle Fajuyi by Gainman: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Despite this story, the ibos will still say yorubas are betrayers. They quickly forget history.
Re: Incorruptible Col Adekunle Fajuyi by shugabasbn: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2020
Fajuyi was a lis Superman. How cu u die for someone? Nigeria Jesus that died for Aguiyi's sins

(1) (Reply)

Throwback ,Edo Students Will Vote Obaseki - Comrade Okhinemoya / Abuja Lawyer Congratulates Edo State Governor On His Victory At Polls / BREAKING: Governor Obaseki Wins Edo State Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.