Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,473 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan (1412 Views)

Nigerians Paying For Sins Of PDP — Tinubu, S-east APC / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Muslim North Using South West To Frustrate South - South West Will Regret Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:51am On Feb 27, 2011
By OLA AJAYI IBADAN – FORMER governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu,  the national chairman of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Chief Bisi Akande, and other chieftains of the party have told the people of the South West to reject President Goodluck Jonathan in the April elections for insulting them. Describing the president as “treacherous” at a well attended rally of the party yesterday, Tinubu said Jonahthan had gone too far by raining abuses on the elders of the zone, saying government of the ACN was far better than the misrule of the Peoples Democratic Party for the past 12 years. The rally was held at the ancient Mapo Hall, Ibadan. Scores of notable chieftains of the PDP defected to the ACN at the rally. Among those that defected are the former Chief of Staff during Senator Rashidi Ladoja led administration, Mr.  Sarafadeen Alli; the chairman of the Implementation Committee of the PDP, Mr. Yunus Akintunde and members of the House of Representatives like Alhaji Ayo Adeseun, Kamil Akinlabi, Tayo Oyetunji and the Oyo State coordinator for Yar’ Adua/Akala 2007 election, Asiwaju Yemi Aderibigbe. Tinubu said, “Jonathan is not the kind of person that we want as president of Nigeria. He is treacherous. He came here and called us rascals. We are rascals for progress, development and for all the good of our people. Speaking further on the comments made by Jonathan about a fortnight ago that his party would not leave the zone for rascals, the former governor of Lagos State said, “In Yorubaland here, since 1854, we have been producing lawyers, doctors, professors and technocrats in all the fields of human endeavour. Use your votes to reject them. Send them away. “We are not rascals, we are not bastards, he came here to abuse our parents; fathers and mothers alike. By calling us rascals, he was saying that you, our parents did not bring us up well. We are educated people. When did they start education and become civilized in their place; where he comes from? Governor Babatunde Fashola of
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2011
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by ekubear1: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2011
If Tinubu is correct, then GEJ will lose.

GEJ needs to cut a deal, fast.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by seanet02: 9:16am On Feb 27, 2011
South west goes to Ribadu! No qualms. GEJ get your votes somewhere else. Mu he he.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Beaf: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2011
eku_bear:

If Tinubu is correct, then GEJ will lose.

GEJ needs to cut a deal, fast.

That is what Tinubu wants, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have been recieved that way. He is about to be smashed to smithereens, exept there is a miracle.
He tried to play Ciroma's game and did it very badly. In fact, he should have watched the Ciroma saga very carefully and closely, cos what you see  might be an illusion.
Maybe he would have caught sight of Chiroma's very own dear wife jeering him yesterday and played a more responsible tune, but it looks too late in the day now; the dogs are out. lol
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by ekubear1: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2011
We shall see. I have not seen a man defeat Tinubu yet. At the same time, I've not seen GEJ truly fail politically.

How does the saying go. . . "what happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?"

I guess we are about to find out  grin
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by recoome(m): 10:46am On Feb 27, 2011
Tinubu and his lagos-selling & flower planting rascals will be shocked in april.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by recoome(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2011
Tinubu and his lagos-selling & flower planting rascals will be shocked in april. Now that Bode George is out, i'm sure he'll have his hands full in lagos.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by recoome(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2011
Tinubu and his lagos-selling & flower planting rascals will be shocked in april. Now that Bode George is out, i'm sure he'll have his hands full in lagos.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by unipol(m): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2011
south east will also reject JONATHAN. the appointment of bianca ojukwu is a mockery of the grass root people and igbo masses.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2011
Why shld i be angry with sm1 who calls me mad when i'm normal, if i react and go gaga, it means i'm mad truly
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2011
Why shld i be angry with sm1 who calls me mad when i'm normal, if i react and go gaga, it means i'm mad truly
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by jason123: 2:55pm On Feb 27, 2011
[size=16pt]WHO IS THIS TINUBU-slowpoke TO TALK FOR THE WHOLE OF SW EVEN THE SAGE AWOLOWO WAS NEVER THIS LOUD! TINUBU IS NOT THE SW MOUTH PIECE!!! [/size]angry
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Solomon227(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2011
A vote for GEJ/PDP is a vote for killers, bombers, looters and anything unclean Bode George, OBJ, IBB, Ciroma, Ibori, Odili, Dokpesi.

Many of us can still wear the same shirt on Monday and Tuesday but wearing blood-soaked shirt on any day is not acceptable to many. GEJ is sorrounded by individuals with blood-soaked and light-fingered hands.

Ribadu (with any mistakes) is 1000 times more acceptable than a GEJ that celebrates killers/looters on national TV everyday. Here is a president that linked IBB to October 1st bombing of innocent lives coming on national TV to call d same "killer" his mentor. Here is a clueless President that gave his Air-Force 1 to a day-light killer to ride from prison in Ibadan to Abuja on PDP presidential primary night. Here is a President importing dust-bins from United Kingdom in 2011.

Evil be gets evil. Now that we know IBB has always being GEJ mentor we can only imagine where he learns his acts from. Please my SW brothers including Tinubu all we need is more and more votes taken away from GEJ/IBB/OBJ/George/PDP in the SW.

The only reason he still has any potential voters in Lagos for instance is the religious and "southern" sentiments. He lacks charisma, he exhumes no confidence, no notable achievements, dry, boring and dishonest. How the heck is he going to get significant votes from a well-informed cosmopolitan Lagos voters. In the SW hinterlands his PDP has failed in most states and people are more dan ready to sweep them out.

Wake-up Mr. GEJ it takes more than goodluck to be a popular leader. We love u but you are just too incompetent and dishonest to stick out neck for.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by jason123: 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2011
Solomon227:

A vote for GEJ/PDP is a vote for killers, bombers, looters and anything unclean Bode George, OBJ, IBB, Ciroma, Ibori, Odili, Dokpesi.

Many of us can still wear the same shirt on Monday and Tuesday but wearing blood-soaked shirt on any day is not acceptable to many. GEJ is sorrounded by individuals with blood-soaked and light-manipulated hands.

Ribadu (with any mistakes) is 1000 times more acceptable than a GEJ that celebrates killers/looters on national TV everyday. Here is a president that linked IBB to October 1st bombing of innocent lives coming on national TV to call d same "killer" his mentor. Here is a clueless President that gave his Air-Force 1 to a day-light killer to ride from prison in Ibadan to Abuja on PDP presidential primary night. Here is a President importing dust-bins from United Kingdom in 2011.

Evil be gets evil. Now that we know IBB has always being GEJ mentor we can only imagine where he learns his acts from. Please my SW brothers including Tinubu all we need is more and more votes taken away from GEJ/IBB/OBJ/George/PDP in the SW.

[size=14pt]The only reason he still has any potential voters in Lagos for instance is the religious and "southern" sentiments.[/size] He lacks charisma, he exhumes no confidence, no notable achievements, dry, boring and dishonest. How the heck is he going to get significant votes from a well-informed cosmopolitan Lagos voters. In the SW hinterlands his PDP has failed in most states and people are more dan ready to sweep them out.
[size=14pt]
Wake-up Mr. GEJ it takes more than goodluck to be a popular leader. We love u but you are just too incompetent and dishonest [/size]to stick out neck for.

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by excanny: 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2011
ACN+Tinubu is not=SW

It's obvious Tinubu is taking things out of context to play the opposition game.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by EkoIle1: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
excanny:

ACN+Tinubu is not=SW

It's obvious Tinubu is taking things out of context to play the opposition game.

It is my friend,
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Pharoh: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2011
Tinubu should just keep shut because goodluck never abused the southwest and he should go back to school for simple English language comprehension.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by jason123: 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2011
Pharoh:

Tinubu should just keep shut because goodluck never abused the southwest and he should go back to school for simple English language comprehension.

No, he did.
But I agree, he should STFU!!!
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Ramnon2: 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
SW rejected ObJ in 1999, yet he won.
So they can go ahead and reject GEJ in 2011, he will still win
A good %tage of the voters in the SW are not Yoruba
Those will vote for GEJ
Jonathan has said it that he does not need rascally SW votes.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 8:06pm On Feb 27, 2011
unipol:

south east will also reject JONATHAN. the appointment of bianca ojukwu is a mockery of the grass root people and igbo masses.
This your post is very laughable. So that is all you can come up with. What a shame.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Solomon227(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

SW rejected ObJ in 1999, yet he won.
So they can go ahead and reject GEJ in 2011, he will still win
A good %tage of the voters in the SW are not Yoruba
Those will vote for GEJ
Jonathan has said it that he does not need rascally SW votes.

Which Ramon be this? SW rejected OBJ in 1999 and he lost in SW but elected in the North, SE and SS. This is a different issue for Mr Clueless: GEJ. He is being rejected by SW (15 million voters), NW (19 million voters), NE (8 million voters) and many parts of NC (8 million voters).

So tell me dude where is GEJ votes coming from in a free-n-fair election?
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by excanny: 8:34pm On Feb 27, 2011
Solomon227:

Which Ramon be this? SW rejected OBJ in 1999 and he lost in SW but elected in the North, SE and SS. This is a different issue for Mr Clueless: GEJ. He is being rejected by SW (15 million voters), NW (19 million voters), NE (8 million voters) and many parts of NC (8 million voters).

Dude, you should be under the influence of something for you to include the NC.

Jonathan already has 11 states(5 SE+ 6 SS). Thats remaining 25 states.

Most definitely, the NC will not vote any northerners, considering the nefarious activities of the fulani herdsmen in Jos and Benue.

What is left for grabs?
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Pharoh: 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2011
jason123:

No, he did.
But I agree, he should STFU!!!

He did not abuse the southwest and i stand by that position except you want to prove me wrong.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Ramnon2: 8:48pm On Feb 27, 2011
Solomon227:

Mumu. So the 15 million voters in the SW are all Yorubas? How about the millions of Igbos in the SW? How about 100s of 1000s of SS people in the SW? Who will they vote for?
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2011
Solomon227:

Ramnon.2:

Mumu. So the 15 million voters in the SW are all Yorubas? How about the millions of Igbos in the SW? How about  100s of 1000s of SS people in the SW? Who will they vote for?

I agree with you Ramnon, Yorubas are probably 8 million out of that inflated 15 million. Igbos should be about 2 million and other groups 2 million.  More like 12 million, the remaining 3 million is made up of multiple registration, which people in Lagos did so rampantly.

Instead of fretting and Looking for how to marry IBB and co. GEJ should just force JEGA and INEC to weed  the voters register. It is computerized and all ten fingers were captured, so all you need is a mainframe computer to match them up and punish multiple registrants by de-listing them. In the north, use Corp members to inspect and Weed out kids who registered. After all we paid for all those DDC machines to have a wholesome voters register.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Solomon227(m): 9:47pm On Feb 27, 2011
Ramnon.2:

Mumu. So the 15 million voters in the SW are all Yorubas? How about the millions of Igbos in the SW? How about  100s of 1000s of SS people in the SW? Who will they vote for?

Its obvious u know nothing about SW. SW can b easily divided in2  two: Lagos (with 6 million voters) and others with (9 million voters). ACN will easily take the chunk of the 9 million votes from other SW states. Quote me anywhere. Lagos is cosmopolitan with most Lagosians well-lettered. The SS and SE people resident in Lagos along with the Yoruba residents usually vote on conviction and performance rather than ethnicity.  What has GEJ achieved since 1999 to convince well-lettered Lagosians he is d right man for the job? Nothing. They have seen Fashola's ACN performing against a bullying predecessor and they have seen GEJ celebrating criminals abandoning the real business of development.

excanny:

Dude, you should be under the influence of something for you to include the NC.

Jonathan already has 11 states(5 SE+ 6 SS). Thats remaining 25 states.

Most definitely, the NC will not vote any northerners, considering the nefarious activities of the fulani herdsmen in Jos and Benue.

What is left for grabs?  

Let me list the NC states FYI Kwara where Saraki (a Buhari fan) looms large, Niger state (which voted against GEJ) at PDP primary they are mainly Fulanis and Buhari is Fulani, Kogi (predominantly moslem) with strong historical allegiance with Buhari, Nassarawa (where GEJ was welcomed with stones), Benue and Plateau (predominatly xtians) where GEJ can manage to have a few vote.

Tell GEJ his time is up we are going with Mr Integrity, [size=20pt]Vote Buhari Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2011
Over 20% of residents in the sw are from the ss and se, the rest 80% of votes will be shared among gej, ribadu, buhari, shekarau, momoh, okotie etc. That will make it about 15.3%/candidate and gej will still top others. How then will gej fail the april polls?
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 12:03am On Feb 28, 2011
Solomon, you are really chatting crap here. Niger state are not Fulanis and Fulanis are not in majority. Niger state has always been a pdp state.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by excanny: 1:09am On Feb 28, 2011
Solomon227:

Let me list the NC states FYI Kwara where Saraki (a Buhari fan) looms large, Niger state (which voted against GEJ) at PDP primary they are mainly Fulanis and Buhari is Fulani, Kogi (predominantly moslem) with strong historical allegiance with Buhari, Nassarawa (where GEJ was welcomed with stones), Benue and Plateau (predominatly xtians) where GEJ can manage to have a few

See how the 'total' support Buhari is in a 'fulani' Niger state.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/29368.html

While you are at it, you might also indulge yourself in finding out how fulani Niger state has become overnight.
http://www.uiowa.edu/intlinet/unijos/nigonnet/nlp/niger.htm

The truth is: Jonathan has Niger, Plateau and Benue while Buhari can hope he also has Kwara(due to the fulani-wannabe Saraki), Nassarawa and Kogi. It's a 50-50 game in the NC. Sorry for my earlier not well-researched assertions.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by Opuso: 10:30am On Mar 02, 2011
If the South West likes they can reject Jonathan but Niugerians will overwelhmingly vote for Dr.Jonathan.
Re: Tinubu: S/west Will Reject Jonathan by kcng: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2011
SOUTH WEST REGECTS, GEJ
NORTH WEST REJECTS, GEJ
NORTH CENTRAL MAY BE 35%TO 39%
NORHT EAST, UNDECIDED BY NOT LOOKING TOO GOOD REBADU ZONE.
SOUNTH EAST , CAPTURED
SOUNTH SOUNTH, CAPTURED
iF THIS IS THE TRUE PICTURE OF HOW NIGERIAN WILL VOTE,THEN THE ELECTION IS NOT LOOKING TO GOOD FOR GEJ
I TIP BUHARI AND BAKARE TO CARRY THE DAY. IT IS LOOKING VERY VERY DIFFICULT BY THE DAY FOR GEJ.THANKS TO HIS BASKET MOUTH AND OBJ'S DAFT PHILOSOPHY OF DO OR DIE.THIS TIME HE WILL TRUELY DIE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akakem Knocks Araraume, Rochas…says They Have Only Propapanga To Offer / Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree / Fulani Herds Men Sack Imo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.